Another Bear gone

Sorry for your loss Bro,
Just be thankful he brought you up to follow our great club.
I actually had a much needed laugh with my brother and sisters at the hospital today about my dad and Rangers.

Barca 72 was, I believe delayed transmission due to a Scotland game being broadcast at the same time?

Anyway, dad had avoided the score throughout the match so he could watch it as live later.

He sat down to watch the delayed transmission having made it to then not knowing the score when his mother in law walked in the room and proceeded to say “it’s a good job the Rangers won today isn’t it?”

I think the likely lads episode was written in his honour!
B-D

Last edited:
He’ll definitely be watching mate. All the good guys will be.

Loads of bears will be thinking of you and your family too at such a sad time.

Sad news WL

Aww mate.

We're going to do it. And your dad will know.

All the best.

I’m just back from the hospital after saying goodbye to my dad who passed away today at lunchtime.

Had been ill for a few weeks but his passing today still came as a total shock.

Was hoping he’d hang on to see us lift the trophy tomorrow but it wasn’t to be. Hope he’s looking down tomorrow and celebrating alongside us all.

RIP dad, let’s do this tomorrow for you, Walter and Jimmy.
Best wishes to you and your family mate.

My family member passed just before the Liepzig game and my mum was in tears at the end of the game. Just pure raw emotion for the passing of my grampa, mixed with the high of making the Europa League final. The first thoughts were he, jimmy, Walter and all our fellow fallen bears will be looking down with a smile, while doing a bouncy.

I'm sorry for your father's passing and in this sad time, I hope you and your family get to feel the same emotion, joy and comfort that mine did in the semi, when we win the Europa League tomorrow.

I’m just back from the hospital after saying goodbye to my dad who passed away today at lunchtime.

Was hoping he’d hang on to see us lift the trophy tomorrow but it wasn’t to be. Hope he’s looking down tomorrow and celebrating alongside us all.

Thoughts are with you m8 lets hope your dad gives you one final memory to make you proud .

So sorry for your loss mate.
Be assured he will be watching upstairs with all the other Bears.
Remember the good times with your dad... it helps.
RIP.

So so sorry for your loss. Rest Easy.

I am back in Glasgow from Australia to farewell my Dad who passed in November 2020.

Lets do it for all those lost along the way,

Sorry for your loss my friend , kinda puts things in perspective. Sincerely hope tomorrow brings a silver lining to your cloud

Thoughts with you and your family pal, as difficult as it will be, you do your Dad proud tomorrow and cheer our team on, he'll be with you.

Horrendous mate.
Hope the boys can get the job done tomorrow with your dad looking down and you can raise a toast.

I feel so sorry for you and your family but your Dad will be looking down tomorrow with Bill Struth , Walter Smith, Wallace, Waddell and Jimmy Bell as we create history on our biggest ever achievement.

My dad died last year and it was devastating.

Celebrate your dad’s life and all the happy memories you have of him.
Celebrate the Gers doing it for him and all of us tomorrow.
R.I.P. Sir.

So sorry for your loss mate lost my mum in November and still getting my head round it

I said in a previous thread tomorrow night is for absent friends

I’m so so sorry to hear that. That deep deep longing love that you feel for him at the moment, that’s real and something that can’t be broken or ever changed, not even by death.
Please hold on to my faith today if you’re not sure of your own yet. We will all be together again at the last.
God keep your Dad safe and at rest for now and bless and comfort you.

Would love the Gers to do it tomorrow for so many special souls, but then days like yours today remind us of even more important things.

With love

I’m so sorry for your loss mate. Condolences for you and your family.

I hope we bring the trophy back for your dad.

My heart goes out to you bud

Absolutely tragic mate. I'm really sorry for your loss. Look after yourself. Thoughts with you and the family :(

Back