Another defeat for villa

Hes done a superb job thus far with Villa, the quickness with which hes improved the team and squad along with the quality of said signings is reminiscent of his Rangers impact.

Anyone thinking Villa, or any club outside the Top 6, are going to win week in week out in the EPL knows nowt.

If youre honest about his situation, Gerrard has taken over a potentially huge club that had stagnated for years and years. Already they look really good and a few loses or draws does not discount his clear progress.

They will be fine and Id expect a Top-half finish for them this season.

Conversely, any Rangers fan wanting Gerrard to do poorly should get a grip. Hes a Rangers Legend and Icon for all he did for us at a time very few others were interested in helping and what we have had over the last few years would never have taken place without him.

Show some respect and appreciation please.
A superb job ? He’s done nothing at all down there. Beat the teams they would expect to beat and lose every single time to those better than them. His impact has been zero.

Hes done a superb job thus far with Villa, the quickness with which hes improved the team and squad along with the quality of said signings is reminiscent of his Rangers impact.

Anyone thinking Villa, or any club outside the Top 6, are going to win week in week out in the EPL knows nowt.

If youre honest about his situation, Gerrard has taken over a potentially huge club that had stagnated for years and years. Already they look really good and a few loses or draws does not discount his clear progress.

They will be fine and Id expect a Top-half finish for them this season.

Conversely, any Rangers fan wanting Gerrard to do poorly should get a grip. Hes a Rangers Legend and Icon for all he did for us at a time very few others were interested in helping and what we have had over the last few years would never have taken place without him.

Show some respect and appreciation please.
He had a shit domestic start and Europe aside, could have been sacked if the second season had gone the distance.
His 55 season was superb, but he's no club "legend" or "icon".

The man stopped them lot winning 10iar so I'll be forever grateful, but he left us to go to villa, who at best will be a mid table premier league team, if im honest I still don't get it.

They was never going to be chasing top spot
It's early days in the season SG will bring out the best in his players
I think Villa fans will be satisfied with mid table & staying up

Maybe for us plebs but he has £75 million in his bank so surely money wasn't a factor going to an eternal mid table mediocrity team?

If you were earning decent money at a decent company but staying 3-4 hours away from your family and you'd reached the ceiling of where you could go in that current role...another company comes along closer to home, offers to double your money and you're in a whole new industry.

No brainer really isn't it.

The man stopped them lot winning 10iar so I'll be forever grateful, but he left us to go to villa, who at best will be a mid table premier league team, if im honest I still don't get it.

Walter Smith left us to go to Everton, so what? It happens.

If you can't understand someone moving away from this footballing backwater then I don't know what to tell you.

If you were earning decent money at a decent company but staying 3-4 hours away from your family and you'd reached the ceiling of where you could go in that current role...another company comes along closer to home, offers to double your money and you're in a whole new industry.

Absolutely but I can be a bitter feckerB-)

oh-dear-how-sad-never-mind.gif

The reality is their fans never did take to him from day one.

He'll never have there what he had up here. No matter how many Coutinhos he buys.

I was surprised to see how lukewarm his reception at becoming their manager was at the time. Seems he's facing a bit of an uphill battle in getting them behind him, results aren't helping to be fair.

I watched one of their fan podcasts on YouTube at the time and they were expecting an Ancelotti level of manager. Their argument was basically if Everton can convince someone like Ancelotti to go there then why aren't they hiring that level of manager.

I was surprised to see how lukewarm his reception at becoming their manager was at the time. Seems he's facing a bit of an uphill battle in getting them behind him, results aren't helping to be fair.

I watched one of their fan podcasts on YouTube at the time and they were expecting an Ancelotti level of manager. Their argument was basically if Everton can convince someone like Ancelotti to go there then why aren't they hiring that level of manager.

Then that's their biggest problem. Delusions of grandeur.

If he loses the AV job he could very well turn to punditry again. Don’t see him in the championship managing anyone

Oooooft. He'll be gone soon. He doesn't have it in him to turn it around.
Read a few pages there.
The scary thing is the criticism is actually well thought-out and researched.
Hard not to argue with a lot of it.
Only results can turn it around as the fans haven’t warmed to him.

Hardly. The money would be largely irrelevant given his net worth. He thought Villa would be a stepping stone to the Liverpool job in a few years. He’s fucked it.

From a quick read of that, it sounds like it's only a matter of time. Having said that, I rember the threads on here in May 2020-it looked exactly the same
Apples and oranges mate. We'll always recover and be at least 2nd, Villa could well find themselves in a relegation fight If he doesn't turn it round. Stakes are high and the pressure is constant.

Hardly. The money would be largely irrelevant given his net worth. He thought Villa would be a stepping stone to the Liverpool job in a few years. He’s fucked it.

Leaving Rangers for Aston Villa is a no brainer for anybody in football, other than Rangers fans.

Sad reality of it, we can't compete with the Premier League. Hence why Aribo is now plying his trade for Southampton.

Leaving Rangers for Aston Villa is a no brainer for anybody in football, other than Rangers fans.

Sad reality of it, we can't compete with the Premier League. Hence why Aribo is now plying his trade for Southampton.
I disagree. From Aribo’s perspective he’s going to further is career. From a manager perspective id say it’s completely different. What’s Gerrard gonna achieve at Villa compared to rangers? Again, it’s not like he needs the pay rise.

That Villa forum is pretty much spot on, pretty well thought out responses to Gerrards tenure so far at Villa.

I was utterly convinced that he was done after the Hearts away defeat in season 2, genuinely couldn’t see and way him or the team was recovering after that. Season 3 it’s 55 and unbeaten so he did show that he can turn things around so positively but whether he does it in the EPL is another question. For me I don’t see him ever reaching the heights and adulation as a manager as he had with us.

I’ll be honest he annoyed me the manner in which he departed. But I’ve calmed down now.The man was away from his family things happened and he wanted nearer to home. Stopped the rheptiles winning terry so will never be forgotten. Wish him no ill will.

He done himself no favors with moving to there. If anything he has now ruled himself out of the Liverpool job.

Should have stayed, got 56 (maybe) and then went abroad.

Love what the man done for Rangers but reading the Villa forum and talking to a few of their supporters recently they are not impressed. Hope he turns it around.

Back