Another false dawn

George_Costanza

Yes we technically went top of the league today

Yes it is only 8 games and Celtic may well drop points at Easter Road as well

But it just has the look and feeling again of a team that doesn't take the chances they create and midfield that just vanishes when the going gets tough. Its the same midfield we all I think agree on that has not been good enough the last couple of years.

I keep hoping for the best but call me a panty wetter if you want but Ive seen this film before and I do not like watching it yet again.

We don't take our chances and kill teams off. When we went two up we should have had a third and fourth.

I thought Hibs were ordinary, how we allowed them back into the game is beyond me.

It's been the same all season. Aberdeen could've been the same but we managed to hold on, we should be putting teams out of sight.

Far too many happy to put their fingers in their ears and try to deflect. Any time that lot drop points or put pressure on us we crumble at one of the first opportunities. When they drew against Killie, the very next week was the draw to Livingston, they go level with us yesterday and the very next day we draw with Hibs. They cannot handle any type of pressure

I don’t think we will win the league and in saying that the mentally challengeds are pish, this is what it makes more frustrating .

Four away games so far this season and dropped 4 points already, form like that won’t see us winning the league.

I don’t think so. If after the old firm we are about level on points I fancy us for the league.

we’ve had a horrific fixture list with all top 6 sides away from home. This will reverse next round of games.

We hit a plateau last season. We can't seem to find the consistency required to win the league, but will easily finish 2nd. Not good enough.

Is the manager good enough but needs more quality in the squad? Or is simply good, but not good enough? Does Gerrard attract players that wouldn't otherwise sign for us?

You can’t miss the chances that Kent and Arfield (x2) missed and expect to be picking up medals at the end of the season.

Yes the referee should do his job but we all know that isn’t going to happen and we can’t control that, we can control not missing clear cut chances to bury games.

You can’t miss the chances that Kent and Arfield (x2) missed and expect to be picking up medals at the end of the season.

Yes the referee should do his job but we all know that isn’t going to happen and we can’t control that, we can control not missing clear cut chances to bury games.

ref / linesmen do their job and we take 3 points.

Said the same thing. You can throw in Morelos' header and Helander's, slightly more difficult one, too.

It's the same old story. We don't kill teams off. To somehow throw away points after the way our tails were up at 2-1 is really difficult to swallow.

Still plenty of football to be played, but I just don't have any faith in us not seeing a game that pans out exactly like this afternoon further down the line.

Far too many happy to put their fingers in their ears and try to deflect. Any time that lot drop points or put pressure on us we crumble at one of the first opportunities. When they drew against Killie, the very next week was the draw to Livingston, they go level with us yesterday and the very next day we draw with Hibs. They cannot handle any type of pressure
Is there no pressure in getting there?

Deflating today. Long way to go but this is worrying.

Small comfort is that the junkies will cause the scums defense problems, although I can't help but feel hivs will roll over and have there tummy tickled.

Long and short of it is this. Defence was never as good as the clean sheet run suggested. Goldson looks good defending against teams who sit back and rely on long balls. Players running and moving off of him leave him looking like he has never played before.

We essentially have 3 midfielders who do the exact same thing to varying degrees of success.

Our finishing is deplorable.

One of these factors has to change and change quickly.

It's going to be a long hard season with relentless pressure.
Plenty of ups and downs time will tell if we are good enough.
The Question is do we have the mentality we will find out in May

If we don't then I think the board will have a massive decision on Gerrard going forward

Can't beat FF to bring you back down to earth. Hibs were decent today, I thought we played fairly well.
To be honest I don't know why I come on to FF when we don't win. We're the most negative support in the world.
Utter shite every Rangers fan on the planet will be thinking the same.

Warburton rightly got castigated for the “Plan B is to do Plan A better” schtick.

It now feels like that with the manager and this squad.

Results like today happen; reactions like this to results of this nature happen as well. It was a bad result, that's all it has to be; it does not end our campaign.

Ref spots the offside in the build up or the two hands on the back of Helander and it’s 2-1. 3 points.
Or if we Kent take his chance at 2-1 when through on the keeper it’s 3 points. Or airfield doesn’t miss the sitter. We can’t always look for excuses we had the chances to win that game.

But it just has the look and feeling again of a team that doesn't take the chances they create and midfield that just vanishes when the going gets tough. Its the same midfield we all I think agree on that has not been good enough the last couple of years.

I keep hoping for the best but call me a panty wetter if you want but Ive seen this film before and I do not like watching it yet again.

You’re right. Apart from minor changes this is the same side whose bottle crashed completely 2 xmases in a row as well as in many crunch matches. We can laugh at the bheasts all day but with guys like lego chops they certainly have shown more bottle than our lot in going the distance.

People will bury the heads in the sand and say ‘septic could drop points at fester road too’ , sure they might but we’ve already failed to even score at Livi as well as thrown 2 points away here and our weaknesses have been laid bare again.
The points difference was big last season, can anyone honestly say this squad can not only make up those points but also keep their bottle from going and get ahead of them over the course of the year? Without several new addition, not me.

Results like today happen; reactions like this to results of this nature happen as well. It was a bad result, that's all it has to be; it does not end our campaign.

Saw these type of responses loads of times last season. Problem is too many bad results cost us.

Back