Another false dawn

So to sum up the OP, we're top of the league, just played at a tough away game which will cause the filth problems as well, not even a quarter of the way through the season - but you're just on for a wee moan because we didn't win?
What are you seeing in this Rangers team that gives you such unwavering positivity?

50k midfield. Looking very much like a 50k midfield today. Refs were shite. We wasted chances. Defence had an off day. Culminated in two dropped points.

Disappointed.

Just in from work and havent watched the game yet.
Which is it - We are shite and bottlers?
The refs cost of the points?
Seem to be the only 2 options on here.

Not at all. We did well to come back and take the lead. Connor’s mistake let them back in. Ref far too lenient With all their fouling as per. On another day Kent or Arfield finish those chances.
Hibs played well - although got away with far too much as I said.
I think this squad have absolutely got what it takes. Onwards Rangers.

“On another day...”

Must be the most overused three words of the past three years.

It was today that mattered.

Oh look, the same players who crapped it LAST season have now started to crap it THIS season. What a surprise.

And imagine us being referred to a different standard? I couldn’t see that happening after last season when the SPFL & SFA conspired to award them the title and our board kicked up the minimum of fuss before meekly accepting it :rolleyes:. I said then that we wouldn’t have a chance this season, that any and every opportunity we would be the victims of “innocent” mistakes and surprise, surprise, it happens.

Boardroom to pitch we have individuals who lack the stomach for a fight. Do not be surprised when we get results like this. It was always going to happen and will keep happening as long as they remain in place. This is why I don’t invest time and effort in the team any more - they aren’t worth it.

Just in from work and havent watched the game yet.
Which is it - We are shite and bottlers?
The refs cost of the points?
Seem to be the only 2 options on here.

Honestly a bit of both.

We were far from lethal in front of goal. Morelos and Arfield missing sitters.

Hibs should have had a red in the first half imo. The equaliser was offside as well but it was pretty poor defending in the build up.

Its a Poor result, but I’ll look at the bigger picture once 11 games are played
Or as Walter used to say let's see where we are after we have played everyone home and away. Disappointed like everyone else but the league wasn't lost today like some on here seem to think.

It’s a poor result for me, I could understand if we were on the back foot and got a point at ER I would say not ideal but take point and move on, but we done more than enough to win the game, that’s what is disappointing for me.

I would balance my criticism of the team against the fact we have 3 first team players out injured. So not ideal.

With no fans it doesn’t really matter if we’re home or away its not really any more difficult.
Its not the fans it's higher quality of teams we have to play ( top 6 last year ) in a short space of time away from home & seems to be away to a top 6 team after a euro outing it never happens to the filth

But irrelevant as our league is different in almost every way.

Well, yes.

When you're brought up in a Rangers mindset, you know the feeling of that all consuming desire and necessity to win.

So many people have come from elsewhere to Rangers, and not everybody has managed to grasp that uniquely Rangers need to win every game.

English people, by and large, do not understand that when they come to Rangers. You don't get that at any level in English football. Nobody at Liverpool or City is going to have a meltdown if they draw at Old Trafford or Tottenham.

Yes we technically went top of the league today

Yes it is only 8 games and Celtic may well drop points at Easter Road as well

But it just has the look and feeling again of a team that doesn't take the chances they create and midfield that just vanishes when the going gets tough. Its the same midfield we all I think agree on that has not been good enough the last couple of years.

I keep hoping for the best but call me a panty wetter if you want but Ive seen this film before and I do not like watching it yet again.

Sorry OP but we are 8 games into the season, hopefully this one will be completed.

But these types of post everytime we drop points aren't helping anyone, it's only allowing the lurkers to p*ss themselves.

We aren't going to win every game in a season and folk need to realise that, regardless of how big the financial gulf is between us and the rest of the league. There are FAR better teams than us around the world who don't win every game.

We didn't play that badly today, we actually showed some bottle to come back from a goal down to lead 2-1. Their equaliser was down to slackness from Goldson and poor officiating.

After that they were happy to sit in for the draw and Robertson took the easy way out with Morelos being blocked off by Porteous as he would have had to send him off. I think only he knows why he chopped off the 3rd goal as well. Well lets face it, we know why he did.

Can admin just lump all this depressing doom into one toxic fuelled thread where all the doomers can throw rain clouds at each other and tell us how shite we are.

But it just has the look and feeling again of a team that doesn't take the chances they create and midfield that just vanishes when the going gets tough. Its the same midfield we all I think agree on that has not been good enough the last couple of years.

I keep hoping for the best but call me a panty wetter if you want but Ive seen this film before and I do not like watching it yet again.

am i the only person who thinks the midfield was not the issue today?

You’re right. Apart from minor changes this is the same side whose bottle crashed completely 2 xmases in a row as well as in many crunch matches. We can laugh at the bheasts all day but with guys like lego chops they certainly have shown more bottle than our lot in going the distance.

People will bury the heads in the sand and say ‘septic could drop points at fester road too’ , sure they might but we’ve already failed to even score at Livi as well as thrown 2 points away here and our weaknesses have been laid bare again.
The points difference was big last season, can anyone honestly say this squad can not only make up those points but also keep their bottle from going and get ahead of them over the course of the year? Without several new addition, not me.
See when you roll out immature guff like septic and fester road, I really struggle to take you seriously

It’s sickening! We got the start we wanted and lead early doors only to blow it and now once again we’re playing catch up early in the season. I wouldn’t mind so much if I thought it was a one off or a bad day at the office, but we’ve all seen this movie before.

I dont understand this notion that FF is hellish after a defeat. We as a support have never tolerated shite. Some seem to think we were all happy clappers singing round the Campfire before 2012. We didnt become successful by putting up with the same old crap three years running.
Today was intolerable shite. There is no way we should be brushing it off as a good away point or whatever other guff is being suggested. That was a long way short of acceptable in so many ways.

See when you roll out immature guff like septic and fester road, I really struggle to take you seriously

Are you for real? I’ve miscalled celtic and hibs and thats pissed you off? Are you sure you’re on the right fans board?

Normally I would agree,we did miss chances but their goal was definetly offside so the missed chances shouldnt have cost us on this occaision

You can twist that around another way though and say if Goldson hadn't had a brain fart and gave the ball away, there wouldn't have been a refereeing decision to make.

The midfield didn't vanish what are you rabbling about?

FF is wall to wall panty wetters and has been for a few years now.

Edit: should clarify, I don't mean you in particular, just saying that's what it's like and you needent be worried about being labelled one

Last edited:
You can twist that around another way though and say if Goldson hadn't had a brain fart and gave the ball away, there wouldn't have been a refereeing decision to make.
And if their left back had stopped the cross then Alfies not scoring,mistakes lead to goals but the officials need to be doing their job.

And if their left back had stopped the cross then Alfies not scoring,mistakes lead to goals but the officials need to be doing their job.

Absolutely, 100%. If we weren't such a shit league, we'd have VAR and it would've been correctly flagged as offiside. Same as in the League Cup Final last season. Referee's need to be doing their job correctly, but defenders need to defend and attacking players need to take their chances and put the ball in the net, that then diminishes (but not completely removes) the impact awful/shit/corrupt Referees can have on our results.

4 away games and dropped points in two of them. Continuing the trend of the last two seasons. We have good enough footballers, but we are missing something in attitude/mentality.

To the people saying they will cause the mentally challengeds problems.

I'll bet they turn them over 3/4 nil next Sunday.
I agree. I thought they were average at best Hibs.

If you were in the predicting game, you’d strongly fancy a hefty home win for the scum.

I hate to say it, but after 3 years, it is probably about time to seriously consider the future. As many have said, we have all seen this movie before, we know how it ends.
haha brilliant, any ideas?

Absolutely, 100%. If we weren't such a shit league, we'd have VAR and it would've been correctly flagged as offiside. Same as in the League Cup Final last season. Referee's need to be doing their job correctly, but defenders need to defend and attacking players need to take their chances and put the ball in the net, that then diminishes (but not completely removes) the impact awful/shit/corrupt Referees can have on our results.
I agree a lot of the times we have missed too many chances which make bad referee decisions immaterial if we had taken them.Today their keeper had a couple of great saves from Arfield but Alfie missed a free header and Kent should probably have scored as well,we never seem to ride our luck and get away with missed opportunities,but Im e still blaming the ref:)

Or if we Kent take his chance at 2-1 when through on the keeper it’s 3 points. Or airfield doesn’t miss the sitter. We can’t always look for excuses we had the chances to win that game.
Excuses like refs consistently making game-changing decisions against us. You think Hanlon stays on the pitch v them? You think the offside equaliser is given v them?

No side in the history of football takes all their chances. Just because we don’t doesn’t mean we forgo our right to fair officiating?

Aww %^*& me man. I’m off of here before one of these threads gets me banned.
The cry was no surrender apparently. Maybe some of you need to fucking remember that
0NSzULz.gif

Correct !

I swear nobody will ever convince me that there aren't fans who love a bad result, they fucking revel in it, and not all are interlopers.
I really hope most of them are Interlopers or it’s just utterly depressing.

Even if they are our own they might as well be enablers as far as I’m concerned if they never want to look at the reasons for dropped points. Decisions never matter. We should make sure we win by 3 do we can win by 1. ‘No bottle’’ ‘midfield hardman required’ ‘ no plan b’ ‘shitebags’ are all trotted out like their mini Suttons and it’s all utter nonsense.

My fear is not the dropped points today that happens over a season and to be expected its our inability to go and string a proper run of wins together 8/9/10 wins a row wich all championship winning teams do but its very hard to do when every big decision seems to go against us in our games and in there games they get the decisions that turn games in there favor however big or small when games are tight like today wich cost points

Aww %^*& me man. I’m off of here before one of these threads gets me banned.
The cry was no surrender apparently. Maybe some of you need to fucking remember that
Most of us on here do remember that but unfortunately the team don’t .

Gerrard improved the team massively and has performed amazingly well in Europe but he has not delivered domestically and I’m not seeing anything this season that suggest that will change.

I can see us beating that lot in a few weeks, we have technically more gifted players but we will continue to drop more points against the spl dross because the mentality when it is really needed is not there.

Gerrard improved the team massively and has performed amazingly well in Europe but he has not delivered domestically and I’m not seeing anything this season that suggest that will change.

I can see us beating that lot in a few weeks, we have technically more gifted players but we will continue to drop more points against the spl dross because the mentality when it is really needed is not there.
The spl dross? 3rd best team in this league. I'll ask the question again, how many times have the best rangers teams in your lifetime won every game In a season?

That’s it then,A 2 all result away too Hivs and the fhilth have won another league,Might as well just not bother turning up for the rest of the season.

Very reminiscent of the Liverpool team Gerrard played in. They could do some amazing things in Europe, only to fall flat domestically.

Back