Another false dawn

Not at all. We did well to come back and take the lead. Connor’s mistake let them back in. Ref far too lenient With all their fouling as per. On another day Kent or Arfield finish those chances.
Hibs played well - although got away with far too much as I said.
I think this squad have absolutely got what it takes. Onwards Rangers.

We are still shackled by a weak mentality - we simply have no self belief. We need to be more clinical and more aggressive, but every time a team has a go at us, we start looking like we're about to fall apart.

The mentally challengeds are playing crap at the moment, but that weak spell will end, and they will get stronger. We need to take advantage of their current shakiness, and at the moment, we're failing to do that.

If we don't go into the turn of the year with a points lead, the pressure is going to mount even more, and we don't look like a team who is able to shoulder that burden. Same goes for the manager, too.

You’re right. Apart from minor changes this is the same side whose bottle crashed completely 2 xmases in a row as well as in many crunch matches. We can laugh at the bheasts all day but with guys like lego chops they certainly have shown more bottle than our lot in going the distance.

People will bury the heads in the sand and say ‘septic could drop points at fester road too’ , sure they might but we’ve already failed to even score at Livi as well as thrown 2 points away here and our weaknesses have been laid bare again.
The points difference was big last season, can anyone honestly say this squad can not only make up those points but also keep their bottle from going and get ahead of them over the course of the year? Without several new addition, not me.
We badly need 2 quality midfielders one who isn't afraid to have a pot at goal from outside the box , & why have we got so many away games against the top six from last season in a short space of time & away to a difficult game after a euro tie , is it just me or is there something underhand going on .

We badly need 2 quality midfielders one who isn't afraid to have a pot at goal from outside the box , & why have we got so many away games against the top six from last season in a short space of time & away to a difficult game after a euro tie , is it just me or is there something underhand going on .

With no fans it doesn’t really matter if we’re home or away its not really any more difficult.

Yes we technically went top of the league today

Yes it is only 8 games and Celtic may well drop points at Easter Road as well

But it just has the look and feeling again of a team that doesn't take the chances they create and midfield that just vanishes when the going gets tough. Its the same midfield we all I think agree on that has not been good enough the last couple of years.

I keep hoping for the best but call me a panty wetter if you want but Ive seen this film before and I do not like watching it yet again.
Oh well that’s it for another season another embarrassing post

With no fans it doesn’t really matter if we’re home or away its not really any more difficult.
Yeah i get your point about the fans , your right bud but I was talking more about how we have to play the better teams in the league all in a few short weeks as the filth seem to have the more difficult teams spread out over the season , if you play all the harder teams all in a short space of time there is more chance of us dropping points

I don’t think we will win the league and in saying that the mentally challengeds are pish, this is what it makes more frustrating .

Four away games so far this season and dropped 4 points already, form like that won’t see us winning the league.
We should have won the league since SG arrived one was balloted but if we kept our head w weould have won the tainted one

Aww %^*& me man. I’m off of here before one of these threads gets me banned.
The cry was no surrender apparently. Maybe some of you need to fucking remember that

Times when the team could have done with being reminded of that when their arse has collapsed completely

Far too many happy to put their fingers in their ears and try to deflect. Any time that lot drop points or put pressure on us we crumble at one of the first opportunities. When they drew against Killie, the very next week was the draw to Livingston, they go level with us yesterday and the very next day we draw with Hibs. They cannot handle any type of pressure
You are 100% correct sir.

Can't beat FF to bring you back down to earth. Hibs were decent today, I thought we played fairly well.
To be honest I don't know why I come on to FF when we don't win. We're the most negative support in the world.

Gets them oot the castore thread for a couple of days

Today was a mirror image of last season's game v sheep where we threw away 2 points. Nothing seems to be learnt. When a team attacks us our defence isn't good enough. Even borna was poor. Take his crossing out of the game he struggles with a pacy winger.
However it's only one game. Next week is massive.

Deflating today. Long way to go but this is worrying.

Small comfort is that the junkies will cause the scums defense problems, although I can't help but feel hivs will roll over and have there tummy tickled.
Both of their goals today would have been disallowed against the mhanks.

For all these glass half full types on here, what makes you so convinced we're going to arrive at a different end result, when we've the same bunch of players, same management team and same tactical deficiencies? Blaming referees and the big bad grand conspiracy against us is so utterly boring and tbh a bit pathetic. The Refereeing standard in this country is shite, we get it. We're such a tin-pot league we're years away from being able to implement anything even approaching VAR. Our footballing and managerial abilities should however be more than enough to overcome those though, it's as simple as that.

Lets be honest its virtually the same people in important positions who have shat there self time and time again i am actually disappointed in myself for expecting any different .

we have kept clean sheets against teams who had no intention of scoring goals as soon as we face a team with intent our defence reverts back to the norm brainless soft touch shit .

I dont understand this notion that FF is hellish after a defeat. We as a support have never tolerated shite. Some seem to think we were all happy clappers singing round the Campfire before 2012. We didnt become successful by putting up with the same old crap three years running.

Exactly. We're Rangers. A 2-2 draw isn't and never will be good enough. 'Ah but we're top of the League', ffs.

In England, getting a point away to probably the third or 4th best team in the league is a good result.

in England do the refs allow offside , fouls that lead to goals or Achille scrapes off the ball? And then book players for protesting due to their own corrupt actions?

NO

Thats Scotland when you dare to threaten the team these refs support.

in England do the refs allow offside , fouls that lead to goals or Achille scrapes off the ball? And then book players for protesting due to their own corrupt actions?

NO

Thats Scotland when you dare to threaten the team these refs support.

Don't deny any of that.

But you want Gerrard to be doing more than sitting there passively. I'm saying, in his mind, it's not a bad result. He will consider the reaction of fans to be hysterical.

We were robbed by cheating bastard officials.

just like the cup final by another. Even when we play teams off the park they cant handle it, aka clancy at parkhead,

Its blatant, its corrupt and it has become the norm. Its not 1 ref, its the cabal.

Far too many happy to put their fingers in their ears and try to deflect. Any time that lot drop points or put pressure on us we crumble at one of the first opportunities. When they drew against Killie, the very next week was the draw to Livingston, they go level with us yesterday and the very next day we draw with Hibs. They cannot handle any type of pressure

How did we get to be top of the league in the first place?

After reading a few threads on here is it possible to request a ban? This place is painful when we don’t win.

Don't deny any of that.

But you want Gerrard to be doing more than sitting there passively. I'm saying, in his mind, it's not a bad result. He will consider the reaction of fans to be hysterical.

how do you know what SG is thinking?

If we were to use a crystal ball he is likely thinking these corrupt refs wont allow anyone to challenge their beloved. And even when its so damn blatantly obvious the corrupt media also turn a blind eye. And they call Rangers the establishment. FFS if 2012 was not bad enough the SFA and SPFL have galvanised the future. And no matter what these corrupt cunts will do what they have too to make sure status quo continues.

So to sum up the OP, we're top of the league, just played at a tough away game which will cause the filth problems as well, not even a quarter of the way through the season - but you're just on for a wee moan because we didn't win?

I don't expect us to win every game that would just be silly

I know there is a long way to go in the league

But it looks very familiar that we don't get results to put pressure on Celtic and it always seems we play well for a spell get a lead don't take easy chances then a vanishing act from the midfield and we drop points

Dont care if it is the 8th game or the 28th game

Im entitled to moan because I think everyone can see 2 glaring problems

The midfield is just not good enough lots of tippy tappy rubbish with no substance and start to crumble when the tackles start to fly in

The manager who I like seems to watch a different game and refuses to make substitutions when I think any other manager in the league would be making them

I hope Im wrong this is not a moan about 1 game it is about seeing the same mistakes being made time and time again
That is why I called it a false dawn

Yes we technically went top of the league today

Yes it is only 8 games and Celtic may well drop points at Easter Road as well

But it just has the look and feeling again of a team that doesn't take the chances they create and midfield that just vanishes when the going gets tough. Its the same midfield we all I think agree on that has not been good enough the last couple of years.

I keep hoping for the best but call me a panty wetter if you want but Ive seen this film before and I do not like watching it yet again.
Your neurosis lives up to your comedy namesake ;)

No it shouldn’t but who’s to say we’d have held on? It’s all ifs and buts

same pish every week. If our players take simple chances then wewon’t need to look to decisions going on our favour

the fact is we still don’t have consistency or the winning mentality

It’s not “if’s and buts” the official rules were not followed and it cost us a goal. So my point is valid and not bollocks then?

I don't expect us to win every game that would just be silly

I know there is a long way to go in the league

But it looks very familiar that we don't get results to put pressure on Celtic and it always seems we play well for a spell get a lead don't take easy chances then a vanishing act from the midfield and we drop points

Dont care if it is the 8th game or the 28th game

Im entitled to moan because I think everyone can see 2 glaring problems

The midfield is just not good enough lots of tippy tappy rubbish with no substance and start to crumble when the tackles start to fly in

The manager who I like seems to watch a different game and refuses to make substitutions when I think any other manager in the league would be making them

I hope Im wrong this is not a moan about 1 game it is about seeing the same mistakes being made time and time again
That is why I called it a false dawn

Yeah it's the "time and time again" thing that bothers me on here.

The 2 draws this season are a prime example of folk just trotting out that same line regardless of the circumstances.

Livingston - barely made it into our half, had all 11 players within 20 yards of their own goal line for most of the game. We don't get the goal to break them down - "och same old same old, bottle merchants, time and time again, Gerrard isnae learning".

Hibs today, end to end game against a team in good form, good attacking players who'll cause every team problems. We battle back from a goal down, score 2 great goals, get pegged back by a goal which shouldn't have stood - "och same old same old, bottle merchants, time and time again, Gerrard isnae learning".

So its not the "same mistakes", its 2 completely different games yet the same posters (not you personally) trotting out the same moans.

Back