Another game and another hand ball in the box

Anyone get a decent view on their early claim ?
From where I was sitting ( Main Stand Front ) I thought both ours & their claim looked similar.

It was a clear penalty and the referee gave us nothing and was very poor. But, we didn't deserve to win that game and it was evident very early on that we wouldn't score.

I'm sure Sportscene will be all over the handball incident. :mad: Also,did their keeper Cammy Bell not make a challenge today similar to what Alan McGregor was banned for,emerging from his line with studs up off the floor ?

Last edited:
Another game where we done even deserve to get away with a point!

Maybe a pen yes but we didnt deserve to win and tbh if we did get a pen then it would be harsh on St Johnstone. They had the best chances and should have taken the 3 points. I will never blame refs for us dropping points at Ibrox when we play that bad.

Horrendous, Inconsistent, Spineless, Some Overated players living on past glories (Yes Davis!).

We are soo far away from 55 its unreal but yes, lets blame the red!!!!

I’d also like to see the challenge on Kent again as well. Looked like a shocker.

Also the challenge when one of our players went down with a head knock. I thought it was an elbow. Then their player ‘went down’ holding their head. I’m 99% sure it wasn’t a clash of heads

Maybe a pen yes but we didnt deserve to win and tbh if we did get a pen then it would be harsh on St Johnstone. They had the best chances and should have taken the 3 points. I will never blame refs for us dropping points at Ibrox when we play that bad.

Horrendous, Inconsistent, Spineless, Some Overated players living on past glories (Yes Davis!).

If we got a pen and scored it. It game would have changed immeasurably.

If buts and maybes though. The players never turned up. That was the major problem

Reactions: 8-1
I’d also like to see the challenge on Kent again as well. Looked like a shocker.

Also the challenge when one of our players went down with a head knock. I thought it was an elbow. Then their player ‘went down’ holding their head. I’m 99% sure it wasn’t a clash of heads
You’re 100% right, Davidson hit young Ross with his elbow .

It was a forearm smash on McCrorie.
Lucky the boy hasn't got a broken jaw!
Still, that's allowed...it was only a Rangers player!

Clear penalty on Goldson in the first half. Only reason it wasn’t given that I can think of, was because he got his header away which Bell saved. Considering the wrestling move being performed on him, he did well to get it on target.

We were utterly shite but thst was indeed a penalty and the ref utterly shat his self interested pants.

St J had chances and fucked them up.

We should have had a penalty.

Nothing a compliant officer can do when the ref is a weak and cowardly gimp.

Wasn’t similar mate as our players hand was down by his side where their players arm was well away from his body and should have been given
It was a stick on penalty!
McLean shat it to give Rangers a penalty after all the abuse his fellow referees had the audacity to do!
InTIMidation is certainly working!
Football in this country is well and truly fkd!

We were utterly shite but thst was indeed a penalty and the ref utterly shat his self interested pants.

St J had chances and fucked them up.

We should have had a penalty.

Nothing a compliant officer can do when the ref is a weak and cowardly gimp.

He is a horrible referee. I truly think he’s just a really bad weak referee.

See I don't understand this...why would it be harsh? The guy's arm was in the air and it should've been a penalty.

First half their player was climbing all over Goldson in the box (similar to Tav - Ferguson in the Aberdeen game).

Just because we were shite doesn't mean the referee escapes criticism.

Thought it looked blatant hand ball from where I was sitting in main stand, from what I could see on the RTV commentator's screen I'd say I was correct.

Also thought McCrorie was elbowed and Foster's challenge (unpunished) on Kent could easily have been a red.

We had an idea how St j would play, quite a lot of posters said during the week our formation would cause the usual problem and we could struggle to break them down......any win will do.....but the only thing we knew for sure was that Steven McLean would be cheating Rangers(again). He loves it.

It was a clear penalty and the referee gave us nothing and was very poor. But, we didn't deserve to win that game and it was evident very early on that we wouldn't score.

The thing is we have deserved to win v Aberdeen, Dundee and Hibs twice this season and been cheated out of points so how does all this work?

Just because we were poor doesn’t make it ok for the ref to rob us. Sometimes teams win games they don’t deserve to win and that’s what would have happened today if McLean had done his job honestly.

The thing is we have deserved to win v Aberdeen, Dundee and Hibs twice this season and been cheated out of points so how does all this work?

Just because we were poor doesn’t make it ok for the ref to rob us. Sometimes teams win games they don’t deserve to win and that’s what would have happened today if McLean had done his job honestly.
I agree but we shouldn't have to rely on the ref. He was absolutely shocking today. The fact is though, they created the best two chances and we were woeful and lucky to get a draw.

Back