Another Hibs player providing cover for chocolate gangster Porteous

He matures in every spell between Rangers games. I read it in the paper in the build up to each game v Hibs.

Then the game starts and he goes flying into every challenge a mile over the ball and gets sent off or gives us a penalty. If it wasn't for the threat of him injuring someone I'd never want him to change.

The guy is a cretin. If referees in this country did their job then he would have the same number of red cards as appearances.

He is basically not a good player.
The only reason he gets airtime is his faux hard man routine.

Our players need to be clever - wind him up, use it against him and he will get sent off

Simples.

Is that the same Newell who got himself needlessly sent off in last years Scottish Cup semi and handed the win to the greatest rivals Hearts?

I really hope Colak is 100% aware of Porteous' 'record' against us.

TsQ13lr.gif

How predictable is that article ?
Why do we always get ' but he's a really nice guy' type comments about these dirty, hammer-throwing clowns ?

Anyone can see his 'aggressiveness' isn't built on top of footballing ability - in fact that's pretty much all he's got in a very limited locker
It's also easy to see that when he isn't making crunching tackles he's barging around, obstructing & generally being as niggly as possible

I really hope it doesn't come to pass - but you just know he's going to end someone's career someday - I just hope it isn't one of us
It could even be his own given the way he flies into tackles - let's hope so

So, the fact he now has a criminal record for assaulting a female and his behaviour on the pitch will one day end up causing some player to have a nasty injury that could possibly be a career ending one for them has nothing to do with anything.

The media in this country treat him lightly and let him away with too much when in fact they should always be calling out his reckless behaviour. When you think how the media in this country have treated Alfie, yet they allow this wannabe thug away with his behaviour shames them.

Just imagine for a minute this guy played for Rangers.

He would have been hounded out the game by the media, their fans and probably our own fans. Hibs treat him like some sort of hero yet I've never seen him actually play any sort of good football, he's just another useless clogger Scottish defender.
FFS watched two hearts players smack two zurich players in the face and got way with it in fact mickfadden said that is perfectly ok on bbc scotia last night , this c unt will be doing this all game tomorrow as it seems this is now allowed

The reason he's 'public enemy' for us isn't because of any talent he has its because he tries to maim our players

If ever a player summed up perfectly all that's wrong with the jobbers of Scottish football, it's Porteous.

When he eventually does serious damage to an opposition player (and it's only a matter of time) watch out as all his pals are wheeled out to come out with the line about "he's really not that kind of guy".

Stopped reading at gifted. Gifted ar what exactly, trying to seriously injure fellow professionals
perhaps I shouldn’t use professional when talking about the overgrown orc

Porteous' career can't possibly last too much longer. He's either going to end up in jail, getting the shit kicked out of him or do an injury to himself or someone else so severe his career will be over.

I genuinely hope he is made an absolute mockery of tomorrow and the fans should spend a fair amount of time shouting a shed load of abuse at him in particular. Actually, are any Rangers fans allowed in or have Hibs shit themselves and broke their bank balance to restrict us?

In a perfect world, the thug Porteous would receive a straight red in the first few minutes by the ref. Its the only way idiots like him will learn.

He's already got a St Johnstone player sent off this season with his antics.

The guy should be given zero time. A total plum.
His team mate Cabraja carried out a trade mark Porteous "tackle" against St. Johnstone and was very lucky to stay on the park. So we need to be aware that there's more than Porteous in their side that can come in with dangerous challenges. Probably one of the worst away games along with Celtc and Aberdeen that you would want after/before a European tie. Would have been ideal for us to be playing Hearts given we both played are playing either side of the weekend game.

He is basically not a good player.
The only reason he gets airtime is his faux hard man routine.

Our players need to be clever - wind him up, use it against him and he will get sent off

Simples.
I don't think that's wise, he might lose it and break somebodies leg.

When we’re 3-0 up if happily sacrifice a player from the bench to remove this piece of shits leg from the knee down. I’m not a violent person but that’s a face you’d never tire of stamping on.

I dont think he’ll get much change out of Colak, he doesnt seem the type to react.

I’d send on Alfie once hopefully the game is won and the big dafty is on a yellow.

He’s just another hammer thrower with no proper ability, the Scott Brown of centre backs.

Ryan Porteous represents the worst of Scottish Football, hammer thrower, smug prick who things he is better than he is, thug, plastic hard man, no football ability whatsoever, liar and anti Rangers hater.

I have fond memories of big Duncan Ferguson when he played for us and he would certainly have sorted him out either on or off the park and that would have raised a glass amongst my fellow supporters.

He matures in every spell between Rangers games. I read it in the paper in the build up to each game v Hibs.

Then the game starts and he goes flying into every challenge a mile over the ball and gets sent off or gives us a penalty. If it wasn't for the threat of him injuring someone I'd never want him to change.
This was the game I wanted VAR in for mate, they would have 2 sent if tomorrow already

I dont think he’ll get much change out of Colak, he doesnt seem the type to react.

I’d send on Alfie once hopefully the game is won and the big dafty is on a yellow.

He’s just another hammer thrower with no proper ability, the Scott Brown of centre backs.
Erm he did on Tuesday I think!

He won’t take his shit that’s for sure

Can we furnish the bold John a compilation of this prick's "challenges" tomorrow morning?
Kind of McGregor esque tackle required, only 100 times better...

He's an absolute diddy and only reason he gets any exposure is due to him trying to injure our players. More often than not costing his team points

Ryan Porteous represents the worst of Scottish Football, hammer thrower, smug prick who things he is better than he is, thug, plastic hard man, no football ability whatsoever, liar and anti Rangers hater.

I have fond memories of big Duncan Ferguson when he played for us and he would certainly have sorted him out either on or off the park and that would have raised a glass amongst my fellow supporters.
Both, on the park then a good slap afterwards.

Whilst he will definitely be out to hurt one of our players there is nothing new in that. He always is, and never achieves much apart from a clear foul and a cheer from the neds in the Hibs support.
What he can be counted on, as others have pointed out, is at least one major error in the game.
In fact, he is more or less worth a goal of a start to Rangers. That successive Hibs managers have failed to notice this is a source of mystery to me.
So I definitely want him to start.

Whilst he will definitely be out to hurt one of our players there is nothing new in that. He always is, and never achieves much apart from a clear foul and a cheer from the neds in the Hibs support.
What he can be counted on, as others have pointed out, is at least one major error in the game.
In fact, he is more or less worth a goal of a start to Rangers. That successive Hibs managers have failed to notice this is a source of mystery to me.
So I definitely want him to start.
I want him to start as he’s absolutely shite

He was utterly dreadful against hearts, and must have given the ball away about 10 times in that game. Listening to reports on the radio last week, it sounds like he had a shocker against Livingston aswell.

Is that the same Newell who got himself needlessly sent off in last years Scottish Cup semi and handed the win to the greatest rivals Hearts?
A couple of years ago 9I think?) I watched a televised game of Hibs against us and was actually quite impressed by Newell for them.
He showed control, vision, pace and skill.
To the point that I wondered if he might be worth keeping an eye on for the future.

Unfortunately, it seems that when you join certain Scottish teams you have the skill coached out of you and the cheating hacking diving element drummed into you.
So much for Newell.

Back