Another One At Parkhead

Jan Žižka

A CELTIC youth worker was sacked after a probe into an incident involving an under-18s player.

The club reported Michael Murphy, 69, to cops over alleged inappropriate behaviour.

Hoops chiefs also called in the SFA and government agency Disclosure Scotland as they launched an internal investigation.

The player liaison officer, of Clydebank, was later dismissed.

But cops will take no action over the incident — which sources labelled “misguided banter”.

One insider said: “He’s flicked a hand out at someone in the dressing room playfully and made contact with them.

“He’s not meant it to be sexual but Celtic have a zero tolerance on anything like that. They need to do it by the book.”

Another said he had “fallen below” club standards.

Parents were left shocked by the sacking following the incident at Barrowfield training HQ in Glasgow.

Anyone think this is convenient for cellic?

The club reported Michael Murphy, 69, to cops over alleged inappropriate behaviour.

Hoops chiefs also called in the SFA and government agency Disclosure Scotland as they launched an internal investigation.

Good guys now?

Pulling out all the stops now and shining a light on it with their hollicom mates, yet they’re still adamant they shouldn’t be punished for doing the polar opposite years ago. Weird bunch.

Can I ask 'what does Disclosure Scotland have to do with the enquiry' ?

They are the central agency for providing information from the the Criminal History System (via in some cases the police) and, as far as I was aware, have no investigatory powers.

Any enquiries would need to be carried out by the police.

Are the bheasts asking for a retrospective 'Disclosure' because they didn't have the correct paperwork in the first place ?

WATP

The worst bit is parents were left shocked by the sacking.
It'd be the least any parent would expect after a coach touched a kid.
Only misguided banter according to the police though.

Can I ask 'what does Disclosure Scotland have to do with the enquiry' ?

They are the central agency for providing information from the the Criminal History System (via in some cases the police) and, as far as I was aware, have no investigatory powers.

Any enquiries would need to be carried out by the police.

Are the bheasts asking for a retrospective 'Disclosure' because they didn't have the correct paperwork in the first place ?

WATP

Flicked his hand out?
Misguided banter?

They released a statement wanting Morelos banned for flicking a hand out in December.

“He’s not meant it to be sexual but Celtic have a zero tolerance on anything like that. They need to do it by the book.”

Another said he had “fallen below” club standards.”

Hahhahahaha, is this a wind up?

A CELTIC youth worker was sacked after a probe into an incident involving an under-18s player.

But cops will take no action over the incident — which sources labelled “misguided banter”.

One insider said: “He’s flicked a hand out at someone in the dressing room playfully and made contact with them.

Parents were left shocked by the sacking following the incident at Barrowfield training HQ in Glasgow.

Brilliant Jan. A bit late with the zero tolerance policy, no ?

It appears that the Timpanzees have taken 40 years to work out how to use a phone.

That is a fvckin' cracker!

Have not read the whole thread but possibly some poor guy being made an example of to protect the "good name of the club"

Maybe it was some normal guy taking an old fashioned approach with a kid and then getting set up as an example of Celtic's tough zero tolerance approach.

It makes them look even more stupid when compared against their historical softly, softly approach to serious child abuse.

Wonder how this will all pan out in court when they are required to explain why they were previously so ambivalent and complacent towards their historical responsibilities.

I actually think that this is quite an important change in their response and may be the precursor to an unconditional surrender.

This guy O'Gorman involved with abusing trainee priests, subject of public inquiry at Herriot Watt Uni and now this..

He's in the big thread btw.

I have a feeling I worked in a hotel with this weird cūnt years and years ago (25 maybe)..
He had long(ish) hair at the time, but I remember him saying he was training to be a priest.
Thought at the time he was one for the watching.

Back