Another outlet where truth & accuracy don't matter when writing about RFC.

MDC

Administrator
Staff member
First noticed this morning when an RT promoted @matt_the_met and his contribution towards a project about themes in Scottish football.

Matt is the author of this.

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2019/01/07/graeme-souness-and-the-rangers-revolution/

You can pick your favourite angle or not quite truth but chief amongst them is this.

Screenshot_2019-07-14-09-41-20.png

When this was highlighted Matt replied via DM with this (before blocking).
Screenshot_2019-07-14-11-24-32.png

Call me unreasonable but I'd say this suggests a slight lack of care and interest in exploring one of the major themes in Scottish football; namely the lack of professionalism and standards of accuracy when it comes to covering the country's major club. It's also petulant and insincere- which is fine - but this is entirely the result of ONE tweet which didn't actually @ him...

See also These Football Times Senior Writer and his reaction.
Screenshot_2019-07-14-11-47-16.png

In short: avoid (although if you wish to correct them feel free before you're blocked).

Wow that’s just quite spectacular levels of drivel he then has the audacity he’ll get help to avoid further inaccuracies.

It’s known as “accepted wisdom” - repeat a lie often enough and eventually people will stop correcting it and the lie becomes the truth. It’s amazing that correcting inaccuracies (or in this case outright lies) which portray the club and the fans as racists and bigots is seen as “having a chip on your shoulder” by the esteemed members of the Fourth Estate. One would think they would be pleased at being educated at long last.

The Scottish media has lied about our club and fans for as long as I can remember. People from outside the country looking for information about Rangers go to that very same hateful source who are more than happy to trash us at any given opportunity. I hope this latest nonsense ends the rubbish on here that nobody listens to the Scottish media.

First noticed this morning when an RT promoted @matt_the_met and his contribution towards a project about themes in Scottish football.

Matt is the author of this.

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2019/01/07/graeme-souness-and-the-rangers-revolution/

You can pick your favourite angle or not quite truth but chief amongst them is this.

View attachment 990

When this was highlighted Matt replied via DM with this (before blocking).
View attachment 991

Call me unreasonable but I'd say this suggests a slight lack of care and interest in exploring one of the major themes in Scottish football; namely the lack of professionalism and standards of accuracy when it comes to covering the country's major club. It's also petulant and insincere- which is fine - but this is entirely the result of ONE tweet which didn't actually @ him...

See also These Football Times Senior Writer and his reaction.
View attachment 992

In short: avoid (although if you wish to correct them feel free before you're blocked).

Oops! We ran into some problems.

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

sadly this is where decades of our club and to a degree our support just accepting any shite that was spoken or written about us without recourse, nonsense like above is the accepted version of events that the majority of the united kingdom will think is the truth

The Scottish media has lied about our club and fans for as long as I can remember. People from outside the country looking for information about Rangers go to that very same hateful source who are more than happy to trash us at any given opportunity. I hope this latest nonsense ends the rubbish on here that nobody listens to the Scottish media.

Where is the defence from the club? That's the real concern.

The first black player signed by Rangers was in 1917 but why let little things like facts get in the way of a story?

It's one thing to make an error but for your response to be as detailed is hilariously prickly and - frankly - a little concerning.

The idea that a certain group should have no input or right to question the wildly inaccurate representation of their history is deplorable as a mainstream norm.

Who exactly is this Matt Evans character, what are his bona fides when it comes to commenting on Scotland's foremost sporting institution?

Social Media can make anyone a journalist but NUJ should hang their heads and be ripped up for the membership backing of some absolute scumbags bringing legitimate trained and qualified 'news' reporters down

Social Media can make anyone a journalist but NUJ should hang their heads and be ripped up for the membership backing of some absolute scumbags bringing legitimate trained and qualified 'news' reporters down

The NUJ said nothing about the journalist recently murdered by the IRA in Londonderry.

Back