Another random stat

cloodie

Official Ticketer
Seen this on twitter earlier

bd038d09f9fbd3d907bfaeb1c0a4bbe9.png

It's pretty concerning that whenever we see many specific stats we're at the bottom of the table, or in the case of the recent goals conceded/ shots in targer at the top. These all point to massive failures within the team

This stat was horrific under Warburton, was it not 2 goals from over 200 corners at one point last season. It hasn't improved much this season.

You never feel a goal is coming from a set-piece.

I think we all saw that in action last night,, the corners were a shambles at times,, it was like we were trying to cross a bowling ball

Ahh but you'll get posters telling you it's no big deal as "corners are not goalscoring opportunities". Except when we concede corners it seems.

A truly terrible stat.

It all points to a genuine lack of practice on our part.

For me all corners should be inswingers. If no one touches it, it can still trouble the goal. No chance of an immediate goal kick being given. And for me generally harder to defend.

why do we always happen to be at the bottom of these random stats?

lowest shot conversion rate
lowest set piece conversion rate
highest % of goals conceded from shots on target

the list is probably endless, what the fucks going on? is it just bad luck or is there a genuine flaw with how we're practising?

When we concede a corner I get nervous, when we win a corner I find it hard to care as we never score. Says it all.

You would think that by the law of averages that we would score more than we do. Shows the complete lack of quality that we have. Our deliveries into the box are abysmal.

Remember when Pedro came he was photographed holding a folder that said offensive set pieces?

I thought at the time and I still believe that was totally stage managed

Ties in with what i have noticed for the last three years. We lack physical presence and ability. Corners are no different. So the coaches/players try to compensate by sort passing and near post balls which they believe is better suited to compensate for not being able to score with a header in the box.

Catastrophic transfer policy under Caixinha resulting from the catastrophic decision to appoint the complete charlatan in the first place. The failure to have a plan B in place and a month of speculation. We are leaderless. I am coming to the conclusion that the board are absolutely useless.

Sorry but this new "expected" goals is a lot of shite. Would be a lot more accurate to see actual goals from corners, free kicks etc.

Tbh I would still expect us to be near the bottom for this too but call me old fashioned if you like, I prefer accuracy when analysing anything.

We'd probably be bottom of the stats table if it was 'Expected corners that make it past the first defender' never mind expected goals.

Back