Another tainted title - sporting integrity

Why should rangers comment on this. Common decency not to get dragged into this, much more important things to be concerning ourselves with.

No way should we get involved in this media trash till somethings decided. Shame on the media and the ones pulling their strings.

I know of a poster on here, who's mother is in hospital and been diagnosed with the virus. We shouldn't even be entertaining this media crassness at the moment.
Common decency does not win titles in Scotland.

Because winning a league is about beating the teams in front of you. If it was the other way around we wound not be calling them tainted.

Agreed, we would count them but deep down we would know our 9-in-a-row in the 90s was won with more integrity.

If it was the other way around we would be getting told from all quarters every day they were tainted. If it was the other way around and we were sitting top of the league right now, everything would be getting done to ensure null and void.

Exactly. Let them act the way they do, I find it disgusting that we're even having this in our media. Theres a crisis for gods sake, the spfl title isn't a crisis.
I also find it disgusting - however, i dont think they will let up until they get what they want. Another example of chip, chip, chip away. We do the decent thing and at the end, we end up with nothing. Fight fire with fire is the only way, time to take off the gloves.

What a mess the League Trophy is going to look with all these asterisks all over it, are there any non contentious seasons? Something like three, it'd look less messy if they asterisk'd these; ones they won squarely if not fairly.

The first five league trophies in this tainted sequence have already melted.
Not surprising though,they were made of chocolate.

Because winning a league is about beating the teams in front of you. If it was the other way around we wound not be calling them tainted.
What about the ONLY team in that league being removed in order that you can win that league?
Tainted?

What about the ONLY team in that league being removed in order that you can win that league?
Tainted?

"Hi Peter,we've taken the only other team capable of winning the league out of the equation for four years......there's 4 league trophies for you just for starters"

"This will force all their first team players to jump ship forcing them to field inferior players so the cups should also be a shoe in"

"As an added bonus when they do eventually get back it will take them a further two years at least to recover such was the damage inflicted upon them......enjoy all that CL money"

I also find it disgusting - however, i dont think they will let up until they get what they want. Another example of chip, chip, chip away. We do the decent thing and at the end, we end up with nothing. Fight fire with fire is the only way, time to take off the gloves.
Its just media, obviously filling their papers with claptrap been led by them, yet they keep dragging us into it.

Theres another 3 leagues up here thats not getting spoke about. They're entitled as much as the spfl to have a say.

Theres a big enough fight going on at the moment without rangers getting involved in this trash. Unless something is decided and its set in stone, fair enough then look at the legal implications. Nobody knows where or how football will play this out. At this moment in time its irrelevant.

Its just media, obviously filling their papers with claptrap been led by them, yet they keep dragging us into it.

Theres another 3 leagues up here thats not getting spoke about. They're entitled as much as the spfl to have a say.

Theres a big enough fight going on at the moment without rangers getting involved in this trash. Unless something is decided and its set in stone, fair enough then look at the legal implications. Nobody knows where or how football will play this out. At this moment in time its irrelevant.
I’ll have to disagree with you on this one. Waiting until it’s set in stone is too late. The shop has sailed at that point...

A team offering to pay another team in same leagues legal bills in order to gain a vote is borderline corruption. Hearts should be on the same side as us regardless as they don't want relegated.
Every club should be on the same side as us. Why would any club, 3rd to 11th, be against a null and void season? It doesn't affect them in any way. It's just about sticking the boot into Rangers.
Let's be clear, null and void is not a great solution to this unique set of circumstances and it's not really fair to celtic, Liverpool, Dundee United and countless other teams all over Europe, but it's the best solution there is. A league is over when the last game is played. If it can't be completed, there is no alternative but to scrap it. Declaring winners and losers of an incomplete competition has no credibility whatsoever.

I’ll have to disagree with you on this one. Waiting until it’s set in stone is too late. The shop has sailed at that point...
How can you act on something that's not been decided.

I just don't see how a league in one country can differ from another. If it's an all round decision fair enough, but having different outcomes leaves the door open for all sorts of legal arguments. Something I'm sure they will all want to avoid.

They may well get the title, but Rangers should make it as uncomfortable for them as possible

Every club should be on the same side as us. Why would any club, 3rd to 11th, be against a null and void season? It doesn't affect them in any way. It's just about sticking the boot into Rangers.
Let's be clear, null and void is not a great solution to this unique set of circumstances and it's not really fair to celtic, Liverpool, Dundee United and countless other teams all over Europe, but it's the best solution there is. A league is over when the last game is played. If it can't be completed, there is no alternative but to scrap it. Declaring winners and losers of an incomplete competition has no credibility whatsoever.

I agree they should be on our side, I was replying to the op where he was offering hearts money in way of paying expenses to get their vote, that wouldn't work nor should it be needed.

I suspect this is going to drag on for many months given what Uefa have said over the last few days. They seem determined to finish the season at all costs and will wait till the last possible second to call the season as finished .

As much as the SPFL might want to hand the yahoos the title they won't just yet in fear of Uefa banning them from the CL next season.

It helps quite a bit when you can vote your main/sole rival into near oblivion.

Although, in fairness, they were prepared to accept Rangers being demoted by only one tier provided the club surrendered over a dozen honours, including 5 league titles.

Any award of an official title to Celtic without the fixture list being completed would be political and have nothing to do with the game itself.

Why should any such ‘title’ have official status anyway? Rangers’ triumph in season 1945-46 doesn’t have that status even although the war had ended.

Back