Another Win For Under 18’s

For all this talk of Hearts seemingly better set up - what's happening in the first team with their young players just now? They don't have an abundance coming through and nailing spots.

It's always been the case at top clubs that one or two coming through every few years is a good return. I think we'll exceed that in the short term but not by a huge amount.

Totally respect your knowledge and input, but can only think of a couple of boys who left the 17's/18's last season - both defenders with initials JM and ED. Any other boys were released at the end of the U16 season. There may be one or two others that I am forgetting, but certainly nowhere near a dozen. The picture in the reception area (unless renewed recently is at least 18 months old.

I can only think of one or two of this squad that may be released at Christmas but all are contracted to the end of the season at least.

Apparently the African lad is also coming in subject to clearance.

Is he one of the Nigerian boys that were on trial in the summer?

I know of two coming in, if it is three that woud take the squad up to 25, this includes the 2004 player who plays up and also Kai Kennedy who won't feature much at U18 if at all, as he has been pushed on.

It not a massive number for a dual age group, but they have to ensure enough games are arranged to give them game time. Playing Queens Park or Thistle every second week is not the type of game required.

The squad was a similar size this time last season and by Christmas a dozen or so had left.

Whats your thoughts on Umaro Balde mate? Ive watched 3 of his games and thought he looked very impressive considering hes only 16. Also looks like hes very popular with the rest of the team off field and has settled in well.

I think he has been ok, in my opinion his best games were the trial games before he signed. Defensive midfielder the same position as Murray Miller and as both are 2002 the same age in football terms. I thought he would have to be good to get ahead of Murray, haven't seen anything that would change my opinion that Murray is the better player.

Both played last week, but two holding midfielders against a very young Hearts side seemed a very cautious lineup.

My view is there are too many players and not enough football . Some of these boys in that squad are lucky if they are getting 15 mins game time . I think the standouts in that group are the older boys and Dickson being the top . Lowry for me has a long long way to go . Back off and let them develop.
Interesting that Hearts seem to have a different out look and carrying smaller squads to encourage development

Part of the problem for all clubs is the absolutely stupid SFA who did away with the 17’s age group . There are boys at 15 expected to compete with 18 year olds for game time and development time . It’s crazy

What kind of deal is Dickson on? I know that lot were sniffing before and probably will again if he came up. Think it would be hard to keep him here in all honesty

I think he has been ok, in my opinion his best games were the trial games before he signed. Defensive midfielder the same position as Murray Miller and as both are 2002 the same age in football terms. I thought he would have to be good to get ahead of Murray, haven't seen anything that would change my opinion that Murray is the better player.

Both played last week, but two holding midfielders against a very young Hearts side seemed a very cautious lineup.

What sort of games/opponents are these trial games these young fellas are put in to show they have the talent to sign for the might Gers ?

What kind of deal is Dickson on? I know that lot were sniffing before and probably will again if he came up. Think it would be hard to keep him here in all honesty

I think their initial contract is 2 years so I assume this is his last . I have no idea so I’m just guessing. Hopefully he keeps under the radar as he is a star

I think their initial contract is 2 years so I assume this is his last . I have no idea so I’m just guessing. Hopefully he keeps under the radar as he is a star

I'd like to hope so, but that lot were his boyhood team, hopefully Kevin Thomson has drilled it out him

What sort of games/opponents are these trial games these young fellas are put in to show they have the talent to sign for the might Gers ?

It varies, sometimes it is who ever they can get, invariably th means Thistle, Queens Park or Morton. At the start of the season it can be different as its whoever we have arrange to play pre-season.

Umaro Balde played against Queen's Park in April, a game obviously arranged to look at trialists as six played that night.

Pre-season Trialists played in Under 18 games against Thistle, Huddersfield and Fleetwood.

It varies, sometimes it is who ever they can get, invariably th means Thistle, Queens Park or Morton. At the start of the season it can be different as its whoever we have arrange to play pre-season.

Umaro Balde played against Queen's Park in April, a game obviously arranged to look at trialists as six played that night.

Pre-season Trialists played in Under 18 games against Thistle, Huddersfield and Fleetwood.

I'm looking my bits out if that's the sketch , CV Scottish Amateur Cup winner 1974/75 best time of my life 3 years in magic job up in Glenrothes with added bonus of kicking a baw every week with end result of winning 2-1 at Hampden Park , all went to fxck when I met her

Anywhere to see the Youth Team fixtures, and is it free entry to all? Do they play at the HTC I take it?

It is Free entry, home games are at the HTC. Fixtures change at short notice so they are only confirmed at most a week ahead.

11-a-side fixtures this week

Wednesday - U15's v Hamilton at New Douglas Park, KO 7:15

Thursday - U16's v Kilmarnock, Rugby Park, KO 7PM

Friday - U18's v Motherwell, Braidhurst High School, KO 7:15

Saturday - U13's v Kilmarnock, HTC, KO 10:00

Sunday - U14's v Kilmarnock, William McIlivanney Campus KO 10:00

Saturday - U15's v Kilmarnock was HTC, KO 12:00 BUT NOW SEEMS TO BE AWAY AT St, Joeseph's Academy at 10:00.

Back