Ant Middleton getting signed Rangers shirt

D4gbXcTW0AEXL2z.jpg:large

Staunch

He looks delighted!

Didn’t realise he was a fan

In his book I'm sure he was going on about playing football as a kid and how his step Dad (coach of the team) used to play Tina Turner before the games - don't know if that had any link to his affiliation or not

Having read his book and seeing him on things like SAS, he’s a hard cnut. It’s some life these guys lead to get into the military and then operate at the highest level.

Given how Rangers support the armed forces, it’s no wonder he’s got a fondness for the club.

I was unfortunate at first,that this was on in my work this morning and then was fortunate it was,when Ant Middleton came on,he was brilliant came across really well and had no hesitation in saying he’s a Rangers man

Ex military myself, He was in both the Army and later Royal Marines, then onto the Special boat service, (SBS), imo, they are even more elite than the SAS, if that's possible.
I have heard from former colleagues that Ant has changed from a humble guy into an arrogant celeb, it may just be heresay though.

While it is nice to see things like this, it can't help but stick in my throat a bit. My dad turned 70 last month. He's went to Ibrox every second week for over 60 years. He's brought up 3 sons, kitted us out in almost every strip, for years, basically spent a fortune on the club. We now in turn go to Ibrox, and bring our kids up the same way he did us.
I explained the above to our SLO and asked if he could maybe get a signed letter from the manager on his birthday. After weeks of wait, he got back to me and said the manager is too busy, so Derek Johnston or Mark Hateley would sign it.
Bit of an anti climax considering what he's given to the club I felt.

Back