Antiques Roadshow

Heard the guy saying it only comes out of the cabinet for about 45 minutes when it gets presented to the winners then locked up again. I though the winners kept it in their possession for a season.

No doubt someone will try to steal it now.
they better be able to tell the real one, there are 5 replicas that are used for Sponsors events and given to the winners, the real Cup is now so fragile its used for the presentation then swapped for a copy.

Still angry at that result 32 years later
Me as well. I was looking right at it from the North Terracing. Cùnts!
We also had a perfectly good goal ruled out for a ‘foul’ that never was if my memory serves me right.

s

So have I, i had to collect it from BBC Glasgow office and take it around every BBC office in Scotland on a promotional tour, it even spent a couple of nights in my Living Room.
Did it have the extension on the lid to stop the player getting more bent it was dropped too often

they better be able to tell the real one, there are 5 replicas that are used for Sponsors events and given to the winners, the real Cup is now so fragile its used for the presentation then swapped for a copy.
Do they swap it before the winner do a lap of honour?

Sure it wasn't the Holy Grail they showed, then again a god did sup out of it once, Davie Cooper.

Do they swap it before the winner do a lap of honour?
No the guy from Hampden museum said he waits nervously outside the dressing room door to have it handed back to him after the lap of honour and celebrations. They must swap it for the replica afterwards

Reactions: SSR
No the guy from Hampden museum said he waits nervously outside the dressing room door to have it handed back to him after the lap of honour and celebrations. They must swap it for the replica afterwards
the Original is really frail now, the joins where the handles have been repaired so often they are wafer thin, thats why players are instructed not to lift it by the handles anymore and lift it in one hand by the body or base.

You would have thought if it was so fragile they would present the copy.

Reactions: SSR
the Original is really frail now, the joins where the handles have been repaired so often they are wafer thin, thats why players are instructed not to lift it by the handles anymore and lift it in one hand by the body or base.

They should weld some supports onto it, it'd be a shame if something with such history were to be damaged during a presentation.

this was before the it was altered mate, the lid could still be lifted off easily.
It goes about three inches down into the cup and when I took the lid off I said that it's different to the one Bobby shearer had on his head when we beat Dundee wearing the striped top lol

Ah.. was going to say in all the years I'd never seen them actually swap it.
Probably more chance of damage with it getting past around on the park. :))

Back