Any funny or memorable stories from the trip?

After being delayed an 11/2 out from Gatwick,then a hour deep into the flight an old lady collapsed the we had an announcement asking for a doctor queue discussions about turning back suddenly over 150 bears were silently praying to God.Thankfully the lady recovered and we made it to Malaga.

I’ll post my own long story later, but my good mate @Copeland road lost his passport.
Managed to get back on his charter with a photograph of his passport pages that he had on his phone.
One very lucky boy, although my understanding is his mrs is gonna lop his testicles off so maybe not so lucky!B-DB-D
What a couple of days mate . The pure emotion when aribo scored . The seats we had behind the dug out .
We’d do it all again tomorrow

Losing my Passport was a nightmare though haha

Tuesday night…..With my son and three mates and saw Papac and asked for a photograph,no problem gets the photo and we spot Jelavic a few yards up.

Asked for a photo with big Jelavic and he says no problem,but he takes HIS phone out ,takes the photo and puts it on his instagram :)

A few minutes later my phone is going nuts with folk messaging me !

Seemingly it made it onto a few online Rangers pages also lol

The wee local guy playing the accordion in the old town who had clearly done his research. Played Follow Follow and the Sash and every so often came out with a random FTP. Probably a devout catholic as well but he made a few euros anway!
On the Tuesday night I felt like they covered every blade of the main area of pubs near the cathedral

I went to a fair few pubs and they kept appearing with FTP etc.

What a couple of days mate . The pure emotion when aribo scored . The seats we had behind the dug out .
We’d do it all again tomorrow

Losing my Passport was a nightmare though haha
That feeling mate. It was all slow motion. Then 12 minutes or so of the best feeling ever following Rangers. Ready to greet again.........

Managed to hold it in since I got back, which is strange because every day for about a week I was randomly bursting into tears thinking about the game and us winning it.

On the Tuesday night I felt like they covered every blade of the main area of pubs near the cathedral

I went to a fair few pubs and they kept appearing with FTP etc.
They are the same guys that were in Braga. Their pockets were absolutely bulging with coins.

on the Jet2 flight from Manchester to Faro 06.00 on Tuesday morning and as flight ready and just before the usual safety announcement female air hostess announces..

"Good morning, and welcome aboard this Jet2 flight to PRAGUE."

Cue every Rangers fan on the plane looking about in a state of panic and WTF thoughts before she corrected herself...:eek::eek::)):))

I walked most of the way to the stadium with a couple of fellow posters before we split up to head for separate entrances two hours before KO. They then got split up (no idea how) and one of them didn't get into the stadium until the 60th minute and has no idea what happened or where he went:))

Last edited:
Enjoyed reading these, it doesn't take the sting out of the result, but has reminded me what an occassion it was and how proud I am to have been there. Couple of memories that immediately spring to mind:
  • Bumped into Darrell Curry, Emma Dodds and Alec Rae who it turns out were staying at the same hotel as me.
  • Returned to the hotel after the game to find two locals battering lumps out of each other. Asked the concierge what was happening, apparently one of the men was pestering tourists trying to sell them drugs. The other man, a taxi driver, thought he was embarrassing the good people of Seville and decided to kick his head in.
  • Two Bears who somehow managed to procure a hose pipe and were spraying passers by from about 5 floors up. It was so hot I gladly took a drenching.
What a trip, man.

Last edited:
To lighten the mood slightly any good stories from the trip away from the football?

I got locked in my park and the barrier didn't go up, tried in my best broke English to explain to the attendant through the intercom what was happening. Didn't go well then about 2 cars later drive into said barrier and broke it

Also there was an older bear with a very younger lady at 1am thanking her for her services and asking to keep in touch, "Gloria I've had a smashing time, let's keep in touch" maybe an expensive night for that older bear though don't want to assume :D
My mate that I couldn't get in touch with lost his phone. Went out today to sort it out, 300 quid lighter. Half an hour later his phone rang with a funny caller number, a Portuguese taxi driver found it.

Anyone else see the wee football team heading to training with their coaches all singing and dancing with the bears near the bus station?

Wee guys must have only been about 6 or 7, all jumping about dancing shouting Glasgow Rangers.
Pretty sure I seen them or something similar, looked like a school out a walk or something, one we boy gave me a Rangers - Seville sticker they must have made in a computer or something, they were all loving it.

on the Jet2 flight from Manchester to Faro 06.00 on Tuesday morning and as flight ready and just before the usual safety announcement female air hostess announces..

"Good morning, and welcome aboard this Jet2 flight to PRAGUE."

Cue every Rangers fan on the plane looking about in a state of panic and WTF thoughts before she corrected herself...:eek::eek::)):))
I can just imagine the scenes:))

That feeling mate. It was all slow motion. Then 12 minutes or so of the best feeling ever following Rangers. Ready to greet again.........

Managed to hold it in since I got back, which is strange because every day for about a week I was randomly bursting into tears thinking about the game and us winning it.
It was an honour to stand side by side with you and those minutes we were in the lead is an indescribable emotional feeling

Met a lad on the way out who's brother was flying from Australia with no ticket. He presented his brother with his own ticket for the game when he arrived. Said that his bro went everywhere following the club before he moved to Oz and that he just wouldn't feel right going to the game and not him. Turns out we knew a few of the same people and I was sent a video of it happening. The lads bro just stood stunned for a few minutes. Really really nice moment that. :)

Spotting a group of lads offering a bag of frozen peas they'd been using to keep their beers warm to an older Bear struggling with the heat.

There was a boy that lost his suitcase before boarding the plane On the way out

That’s pretty impressive. Think he did get it back.

sport options said they’d never known a trip like it for lost bags, phones and wallets.

Last edited:
Here is one for you. A London based septic fan walked up to me today (in London) and said commiserations. I was watching it with my mum and I was really wanting you guys to win it for Scottish football. Flabbergasted.

Enjoyed reading these, it doesn't take the sting out of the result, but has reminded me what an occassion it was and how proud I am to have been there. Couple of memories that immediately spring to mind:
  • Bumped into Darrell Curry, Emma Dodds and Alec Rae who it turns out were staying at the same hotel as me.
  • Returned to the hotel after the game to find two locals battering lumps out of each other. Asked the concierge what was happening, apparently one of the men was pestering tourists trying to sell them drugs. The other man, a taxi driver, thought he was embarrasing the good people of Seville and decided to kick his head in.
  • Two Bears who somehow managed to procure a hose pipe and were spraying passers by from about 5 floors up. It was so hot I gladly took a drenching.
What a trip, man.
Same guy with hose just of almeda square? I got soaked but was thankful of the cool down

Seen it on twitter a lad swallowing shots and getting battered over his head all be it hes got a helmet on.
I swear its not getting battered over the head thats funny it's his face he couldn't give a toss it was hilarious!
Wiggy i think was his or his sisters name on twitter look it up youll get a laugh with it!

No, one ended up watching it on somebody else’s phone in a bar, the other had even more of a mare. He stayed in Albufeira and thought it was a 9pm KO Portuguese time, he switched the tv on to watch the build up and 20 minutes had been played :oops:
Ffs . That’s heartbreaking really
They must have felt terrible

The wee local guy playing the accordion in the old town who had clearly done his research. Played Follow Follow and the Sash and every so often came out with a random FTP. Probably a devout catholic as well but he made a few euros anway!
Not sure if you noticed but he had a few guys with him doing a bit of "collecting" in their own. My mate had his bag dissappear a few seconds after they passed. Speaking to the bar owner we were at about situation he said they were famous for this.

However, it was a bit careless of our mate to have his bag positioned so it became a target. They passed us just as we were all putting up a flag outside the pub.

Last edited:
Three of us wandering aimlessly through the streets after the match killing time before our 6.30am train, must have been around 1am.

One of the boys shouts alright lads at two random guys walking in the opposite direction and shakes their hands, we walk past wondering what he’s doing.

He catches up and asked why we didn’t stop, turns out it was Papac and Jelavic trying to find their hotel :)

Seen loads of bears on these, certainly a quick way to get to and from the stadium.
We got a couple of moped taxis after the game back to our hotel, screaming our way through the narrow streets of Seville, toot toot!:)
We spent a wee while scooting about Seville around 2-3am on Thursday morning to kill some time before the early train to Madrid, great fun.

A wee guy at the Auditorium fan zone holding up a sign asking the DJ to play Waka Waka, we were wondering if he somehow made it while he was there or just carried it around with him permanently :)

My mates going in a row boat at the fanzone and one of them falling in the stinking green water.

Hilarious.

Went into a bar near the river about 6’sh. Lad in his twentys perched precariously on a bar stool sleeping with phone in hand.Took his phone n case it dropped and smashed _ woke up and thanked me.
I asked who he was with and a guy at the front of the queue says me. _ he’s buckled!
We got him to a proper seat and off he went again to the land of……
Went back in the queue and his mate ordered 2 large gins.I suugested that tonic would be enough, he’ll not know the difference.
”They’re mine he says the 2 Jack Daniels are his”
wonder if either saw any of the game.

Some highlights:
Got to hotel in Sevilla on Tuesday afternoon, my mate was due in by 6pm and missed his train from Madrid and didn’t arrive until after midnight. Meanwhile I had gone out for a walk about 4pm on my own and within 5 minutes luckily bumped into two brothers that sit beside me in the Club Deck and their third brother, so had a few hours and a laugh having beers with them.
Bumped into Alex Rae, Greg Docherty and Mr David Edgar on match day. Not together I might add.
Did a walking tour on match day morning using Google maps then a decent lunch at an Italian.
Beers with bears afternoon outside the Monkey Piper bar.
Walked to stadium with my mate, parked for a beer and two minutes later bears running down from the place where the Frankfurt idiots started lobbing bottles. From 50 yards or so away I could see chairs flying then a giant parasol.
At the match no drinks or food and took my life in my hands trying to edge past others to go to the toilet. About 2 inches of terracing step to wak along.
A long walk back to the hotel with no bars/shops/drink options in sight. Thankfully my mate had one can of (warm) beer left that we could split.
A great trip all in all, except for the result of course.

Fell asleep in Seville Train station, woke up with my phone nicked. Brother also had his bag stolen with his passport in it. He’s still in Madrid trying to get an emergency document. I’m sure I’ll see the funny side some day…15 hours in Madrid airport yesterday while my wife tried to book me another flight was absolute torture.

That said, the day of the game was special. That train journey from Madrid to Seville had to be seen to be believed. Loved the bars and atmosphere pre match. Was tremendous.

Not funny at the time but got my barcode activated then it disappeared at the next bit. Thankfully a young lady from UEFA retrieved it for me. Headed straight in before it disappeared again.
Anyone else have this issue?

Bumped into an older bear while walking to the stadium. When we got there, I asked him what section he was in. He said he didn’t know so I said to check his ticket. Turns out he thought the email from UEFA was his ticket and hadn’t bothered to read anything about the app etc.

Tried to help him to download the app and log in but he kept being hit with error messages when entering the code from his email. I ended up having to leave him to it so I could walk to the other end of the stadium. Wonder if he ever did manage to get in.

Back