Any funny or memorable stories from the trip?

Coopertrueblue

Official Ticketer
To lighten the mood slightly any good stories from the trip away from the football?

I got locked in my park and the barrier didn't go up, tried in my best broke English to explain to the attendant through the intercom what was happening. Didn't go well then about 2 cars later drive into said barrier and broke it

Also there was an older bear with a very younger lady at 1am thanking her for her services and asking to keep in touch, "Gloria I've had a smashing time, let's keep in touch" maybe an expensive night for that older bear though don't want to assume :D

So many met some right good bears and good people who im sure well keep in touch! The result stings and will do for a very very long time but the support at all 3 fan zones in seville was just incredible. Really was a sight to behold

At la cartaja fan zone the dj played just cant get enough for about 30 seconds and got 20 pints lobbed at him then quickly changed bears were going mental haha

Not the result we wanted but what a support WATP

Ended up hammered Tuesday night at Alameda de Hercules square,on way home to digs managed to get separated from my mrs & brother in law & ended up totally lost,never got in till 4.30 finally the pedometer app on my phone is saying I done 40,000 steps on Wednesday (or 25.8km)
My mrs met Dave King & his 2 sons after we got split up and he stopped for a chat & some photos,I’m absolutely raging I missed him.

Just meeting familiar faces from over the years. Especially meeting folk from previous European trips this season. We really deserved that day party yesterday.

I took a walk down to Real Betis’ stadium on Wednesday afternoon to kill some time and keep me off the drink, couldn’t believe my luck when I arrived and seen that they had the real Copa del Rey trophy out on display for fans to get a picture with. So I managed to get a picture holding the trophy with the Rangers strip on, only downside was the green and white ribbons hanging from it!

Posted this in another thread also but worth sharing:

I was talking to an old guy who sat next to me in a Frankfurt suit and tie this morning in Seville airport, during our conversation 2 seperate fans came up to him and asked for pictures. Another Frankfurt fan sitting next to us who I’d been talking to seen my bemused face and explained “he is a club legend! Ex player and manager!”. Turns out it was Dragoslav Stepanovic - played for Red Star Belgrade, Frankfurt and weirdly Man City, while managing teams like Frankfurt, AEK Athens and Bayer Leverkusen. Nice guy and he had kind words about our team and fans.

Last edited:
The taxi with Tom Stoltman in front seat and four cramped in back concerned that we'd be stuck in Seville overnight was funny. You probably had to be there.
I was one of the other two who were with use and got an UBER back to the bus park. Thank %^*& a bus was still there cos that would’ve rounded off the shite night if they had all gone

We got into palma Monday night at 12 .
Next flight was 10sh so when the bars opened at 6 my 3 pals hit the bar.
By the time the flight took off they where well on .Anyway we get to our accommodations and it won’t be ready until 4 so we hit the bar again .
Go back to the apartment at 4 and go to sleep.
Wake up a 8 that night and all three of them think it’s 8 in the morning ready for Seville.

Not that funny given how deid we all were after the game . .

Walked for ages (towards our apartment) trying to find somewhere to buy water after the game. Stumbled across a takeaway selling lukewarm blue glass bottles of water for 3 euros a pop . . right few bears in there. Guy must’ve made a fortune.

No sign of food at that place. Happened to stumble across ‘Kebab Queen’ on maps. 10 min walk, thought %^*& it. Looks like its still open. 3 blokes running the joint and I kid you not they seemed to be turning out 1 kebab every 20 mins. A lot of hungry, dehydrated roasting bears queueing for ages for that. It was that ridiculous it was (almost) funny. Guy was microwaving frozen chips so he could deep fry them quicker . . kebab wasn’t worth the horrifically long wait.

Back to apartment, plugged in my phone charger and it tripped the electricity. Air con, lights etc all go out. Was an air bnb so cupboards where I’m expecting the trip/fuses to be all locked up. Messaged the owner. Passed out. Roasting, no air con. Think the guy eventually showed up in the morn.

Missed our bus back to Malaga in the morn. Had to fork out £250 for a taxi to make my flight.

Brilliant trip but could do with forgetting the last 24 hours!

Didn't go but I went for a walk down the street down from me....a few bears were singing and I heard a guitar strum very loud for ages. Guessing it was a Tim raging. Don't know why I found it too funny but I was laughing to myself all the way to the post office. Got some right looks laughing to myself haha

Trying to walk to the Hilton and ending up in El Vacie, a famous ramshackle slum predating Franco. (Famous enough to have never heard of it)

Just trusted google maps and ended up in a shanty town.

End of it was blocked off. Could see the Hilton, couldnt get there, turned round by which everybody had come out their huts. Gypsy grandmas shouting doin the underarm hand waving thing.

Made it out, shouted Carrefour instead of Hilton thinking I’m in bother here and a guy pointed to cut through park wasteland thing instead. (Big detour or id have done it to start with)

Story wouldve been funnier if I’d been done in, robbed of my phone with ticket on it or invited in by the grandmas, but thats your lot.

Edit : With a rifle or a pistol taken a bit literally.

Last edited:
Posted this on another thread but... we parked the car well away from the centre and were waiting on a taxi in the blazing heat. Some Spanish guy in an old banger stopped at the lights and shouted us over and offered us a lift to the fanzone for free. 5 of us squeezed into this roasting hot shitty wee car that started making all sorts of noises. Guy kept smacking the aircon to get it working and insisted on keepin the windows closed in what felt like 40 degree heat in ths back. Got to the fanzone and he drove into his mates bar and we got a drink with him. Absolutley brilliant of the guy and said how much he just wanted us to have a good time.

Thursday 12th I was flying to Malaga, I accidently got locked into the Rangers store at Glagow Airport, trying on the new top in the changing room.
I got a real fright as I thought the store had been closed and I would miss my flight. I was banging on the shutters to get someone's attention. Thankfully the shop assistant came back, he had only gone to get extra stock. He was very apologetic but the few fans waiting outside and my husband thought it was hilarious. Once I knew I wouldn't miss my flight I was able to have z good laugh about it

Boy I was with who for security reasons I gave my money and bank card too on the Tuesday evening in Albufeira as I had no zips and was the sensible one.

Left the square approx midnight leathered.

Got out the 80 Euro taxi back to the apartment and he never had his phone.

Left it in the taxi, he was nearly greeting and rightly so his ticket on the phone and only chance he had of getting in the stadium.

Was trying for over an hour trying to call back we ended up back at a bar and he was still phoning and we got a few cheese and ham toasties before heading home and one of our boys said it’ll be fine have a toastie.

He said shove your toast up your arse whilst being nearly broken in two and I couldn’t stop laughing at my mate being serious saying have a toastie and his reply too was buckled over in two.

30 odd calls and voicemails later a passenger by Miracle picks up the phone and hands to driver listening to a drunk Scottish guy saying he can’t understand Portuguese as if the Portuguese guy even understood him was so funny and thanfully in the end he dropped the phone off and was rewarded for doing so.

It was hilarious from my drunk mate offering a toastie to another saying everything will be alright when he was trying for over an hour without a response and his reply to him trying to understand the phone call and the taxi driver.

What a trip, what a club.

The pilot on the Glasgow - Paris flight forgot to turn the seatbelt sign off for 45 minutes with 50+ Bears dying for a pish.
And the pilot on YU633 to Seville

“Cabin crew take your seats for take off”

Everyone looked at each other thinking what’s going on, as we were actually in the process of landing :) he did however correct himself a few seconds later.

Guy outside our hotel in Toremolinos looking a bit worse for wear on Tuesday morning. Asked him if he was okay "fucked man" was the reply, "I've left my phone in the room upstairs".
Asked if he could not just go up and get it?
"no really, I'm not staying in this hotel, I just woke up here and I don't know what room I came out of" before aimlessly wandering away :oops:

Ended up hammered Tuesday night at Alameda de Hercules square,on way home to digs managed to get separated from my mrs & brother in law & ended up totally lost,never got in till 4.30 finally the pedometer app on my phone is saying I done 40,000 steps on Wednesday (or 25.8km)
My mrs met Dave King & his 2 sons after we got split up and he stopped for a chat & some photos,I’m absolutely raging I missed him.
Decent excuse that.
I'll remember that one

Walking back from the ground and got back into the old windy roads near the big square.

Boy waiting in the queue for the portaloos wearing trainers and his boxers.

You alright?

"Aye im fine, heading back to the hotel."

Where are your clothes?

"Dunno, threw then away celebrating our goal"

Last edited:
Cousin bought a ticket yest morning for a fortune, absolutely hammered and went to the wring stadium so ended up watching the game on thr screen
Unless there was more than one numpty, I saw him at Cartuja, on the phone trying to get a hold of god knows who. This was about 8.15 and there was no way he was getting a taxi to the game. I’m glad you posted this as I don’t think anyone believes me that someone could be THAT daft :rolleyes:

My son and I spent yesterday on the e-scooters. This 53 year old kid loved it.
Seen loads of bears on these, certainly a quick way to get to and from the stadium.
We got a couple of moped taxis after the game back to our hotel, screaming our way through the narrow streets of Seville, toot toot!:)

Hadn't seen one of my mates in about a year as he lives abroad.

He was speaking about how he'd been asked to take a guy along to the game with him so he did. Me looking slightly bemused and wondering how he got a ticket, asked "Where is he?" for him to then take out a wee plastic tube of the guys ashes from his back pocket. Someone in the area found out he was going and contacted him to see if he'd do that for him.

Security were taking everything off the fans, now imagine 2 guys who'd been drinking all day trying to explain in very basic Spanish wtf was in this wee plastic container.

Started the 1 hour walk from hotel to stadium.
Half an hour in my mate remembers we have forgotten our passports so quickly walk back to the hotel.
Taxi back to stadium to make up for lost time.

Walking to stadium and mate doesn't have his phone. I keep going to stadium while he gets a taxi back to the hotel in a panic.

I must have joined the wrong queue because he was actually in his seat before me

Unless there was more than one numpty, I saw him at Cartuja, on the phone trying to get a hold of god knows who. This was about 8.15 and there was no way he was getting a taxi to the game. I’m glad you posted this as I don’t think anyone believes me that someone could be THAT daft :rolleyes:
There was more than one. Some bloke ran across Seville in 30 min when he realized he was at the wrong stadium.

There was more than one. Some bloke ran across Seville in 30 min when he realized he was at the wrong stadium.

One of the boys I was with was in a taxi to go and meet other bears somewhere else to watch the game and another random bear asked for a lift.

He said the young bear was smashed and couldn’t believe it when he offered him a ticket for nothing for the game he couldn’t get a hold of his mate he was with.

Madness.

Let BA Junior have a bit of time with his pals, and would meet him at the ground.

He was in a different part of the city, I was a wee bit the worse for wear and a bit lost. Popped in to a shop for a water, when I left the shop I walked straight in to my boy, who i headed up to the stadium with. Nice wee coincidence

In the Oasis Hostel they have a wee pool and lounge area on the roof.

We we’re given several renditions of songs including operatic ditties from bear standing in the pool with a beer bottle as a Mike who thought he was the Wedding Singer.

A great day with like minded and some Austrian tottie and a lovely lady from Belfast who kindly lotioned by back several times.

The door would not open on our Glasgow to Seville chartered plane. They had to fly in another one from Eindhoven. 3 hours bit the dust.

Missed my flight from belfast to glasgow yesterday so had to spend the night in Belfast, heading to the sandyrow rangers soon for few harps before i get my ferry

Back