Any information on Ianis Hagi injury bears ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me like Hagi is going to have to score or assist in every game to avoid being described as having ‘flashes’.

Some amount of absolute nonsense gets posted about the boy on here.
Not at all, there's a middle ground between an assist or goal every game and being anonymous or actually playing poorly

Joe Aribo doesn't assist or score every game. He's tremendous.

I don’t quite see it with Hagi, his touch is absolutely woeful at times and gives the ball away constantly….not to mention that he is that slow he would struggle to have beat Oleg Salenko in a sprint.

For all the opportunities he has had, I can count on only a few occasions I have come away talking about how well he played. He is nowhere close to as influential or as important as Kent/Aribo/Morelos

If there was a 100 yard sprint between Hagi and Salenko and the bookies were taking bets on it I would put my mortgage on Salenko. In fact Hagi is the slowest footballer I have seen since I laid eyes on that big dumpling Mark Yardley.

Not at all, there's a middle ground between an assist or goal every game and being anonymous or actually playing poorly

Joe Aribo doesn't assist or score every game. He's tremendous.
There’s been plenty of occasions Hagi has played a line breaking pass forward which has resulted in goals/chances that others wouldn’t have played, he gives us an eye that other players don’t and while I agree he hasn’t been at his best this season there has still been plenty of instances where he’s been involved in good things.

There’s been plenty of occasions Hagi has played a line breaking pass forward which has resulted in goals/chances that others wouldn’t have played, he gives us an eye that other players don’t and while I agree he hasn’t been at his best this season there has still been plenty of instances where he’s been involved in good things.
Not enough for his fan club on here to justify how crucial a player he is for us. His report card would read “must do better” true story

Sounds like you are using stats for most things. Do you actually watch games or just highlights and see he's made a nice pass and not seen anything else in the game.

When he's played this season, he hasn't played well on the most part, hence we are better without him. Motherwell away and Hearts away going forward, two of our best this season if not our best and he didn't play in either.

I don't think I ever said he's never influenced a game, i said he'd never dragged us through a game. I'll take it back as i totally forgot about Braga and Hibs tbh, was so long ago.
Now if you say this season he hasn't played well for the most part, I'd agree.
I wouldn't agree that simply means we're definitely better without him though.

I don't think Kent, Morelos or Davis to name a few have performed well enough but I wouldn't think that means we're better without them.

The whole issue I've had throughout this is that you've claimed you've never left a Rangers game thinking he played well or that he carried us through it.
When the obvious has been pointed out, you've wanted to narrow it to the select games you decide.

Take his whole Rangers career, and he's been a worthy addition to our squad who has undoubtedly contributed well.

He's not in the best form of late, but who has been this season?

Sounds like you are using stats for most things. Do you actually watch games or just highlights and see he's made a nice pass and not seen anything else in the game.

When he's played this season, he hasn't played well on the most part, hence we are better without him. Motherwell away and Hearts away going forward, two of our best this season if not our best and he didn't play in either.

I don't think I ever said he's never influenced a game, i said he'd never dragged us through a game. I'll take it back as i totally forgot about Braga and Hibs tbh, was so long ago.
Mate, I normally agree with most of your posts in here and I know you go to a lot of games (wish I was as fortunate) but he is an important player for us. He might not be a guaranteed starter and he can be hot and cold but he has certainly contributed in goals and assists, often important ones.

Even at the sheep last week, scored the goal in an overall abject team performance and despite the referee’s attempts, without that goal, we lose and give the scum more momentum.

We all want him to be more consistent within games and across games but he would be a loss.

There's always an old fashioned section of our support that don't take to luxury players like Hagi. They're always lightweight shitebags. Was the same with de Boer, Thomas Buffel etc. Hagi is the type of player who can be anonymous for the most, but then is the only player on the park who can pull something out of nothing.

Hagi's lack of pace means he will never be "A superstar" I notice none of the stats brigade are on often this season as his goals/assists have been poor.

An okay bit part player for me, who I would cash in on if a decent offer came in.

This is his league contributions last season. Most goals and assists came in either the first or second goals. He's struggled a bit this season but it's ridiculous to say he's not been a key player for us.

Opening goal vs Hamilton in a 2-0 win

Two assists vs Dundee United including the first goal, and then the fourth.

Assist against Hibs in a 2-2 draw to make it 2-1.

Assist against Ross County to make it 2-0.

Assist against Livingston to make it 1-0 in a 2-0 win

Assist against Motherwell to make it 2-1

Goal against St Johnstone to make it 3-0

Goal against Hibs in a 1-0 win

Assist vs St Mirren to make it 1-0

Assist vs Ross County to make it 4-0 in a 5-0 win

Goal against St Johnstone in a 1-0 win

Goal against Dundee United to make it 1-0 in a 4-1 win

Goal against St Mirren to make it 3-0

Goal against Livingston to make it 3-0
Great work.
Don't understand why it needed to be done, but there you go.
Great wee player, bright as a button and brave as a lion.

Now if you say this season he hasn't played well for the most part, I'd agree.
I wouldn't agree that simply means we're definitely better without him though.

I don't think Kent, Morelos or Davis to name a few have performed well enough but I wouldn't think that means we're better without them.

The whole issue I've had throughout this is that you've claimed you've never left a Rangers game thinking he played well or that he carried us through it.
When the obvious has been pointed out, you've wanted to narrow it to the select games you decide.

Take his whole Rangers career, and he's been a worthy addition to our squad who has undoubtedly contributed well.

He's not in the best form of late, but who has been this season?
Good point well made.

It’s as baffling as anyone suggesting he’s a future superstar.

The truth is that he’s somewhere in between.
Fast forward 3 years, bookmark this post. Will he or won't he be a regular pick for a team "bigger" than us in a league better than ours ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back