Any subscribers to The Athletic?

Mitchell McCoist

Official Ticketer
I know a couple of people on here have mentioned it but for those who subscribe, has the standard been good so far?

It still has a 30 day free trial available so was thinking of giving it a go. The actual offer after that of £30 for the year still seems pretty decent if it’s to a decent standard.

I’m guessing limited Scottish content at present?

https://theathletic.co.uk/

They have dedicated writers for us (the excellent Jordan Campbell) and them, and all EPL teams - so their articles can be quite in-depth.
I'd say its worth it if you also have any interest in the EPL or American sport.
If its just for Rangers content, its a bit much to just read one journalist.

I subscribe, the content is excellent, especially worthwhile if you also happen to enjoy American sports. Jordan Campbell’s articles about the Gers have been very good so far.

I subscribe, it has been decent so far. I have Rangers, scottish football, EPL and Bundesliga in my feed. The content has been excellent, articles have been quite varied in the way they are written.
In the whole it has been a breath of fresh air compared to any other media outlet for football.

I have a couple of their articles so far and they have been excellent. Very in depth and no hidden agendas or snide comments, just well researched articles. The Greg Docherty one was really good.

Will go ahead and give the trial a go. Not fussed about overall lack of Scottish content and would read happily about more random leagues if content is interesting.

Quite like the lack idea of fair and honest reporting as opposed to random snide digs in content!

They had Jordan Campbell at the 20s game at Fleetwood yesterday, impressive level of coverage. Someone posted a link to sign up for one Canadian dollar for the first three months the other day, worth trying to find.

I subscribe and I generally would never pay for written media. Jordan's articles have been superb to date and the other Premier League articles are great as well. Took the annual package with 50% off.

I'm going to do the free trial, heard alot of good things about it. Like my NFL as well so could be worth it.

It's fantastic in my opinion. I have an interest in American sports so is well worth the e0 quid.
The Rangers content itself is more in depth than I imagined it would be and Jordan hasn't put a bad article up yet.

If they didn’t have a dedicated Rangers writer I wouldn’t have subscribed in the first place. I’m glad I did though because all the content is really good and it’s worth the money in my opinion.

Thumbs up from me!

Some great non-Rangers content too. Just interesting articles that are well written.

What does it actually include? Is it just articles from journalists or is it in depth break downs of clubs, tactical analysis etc?

I know a couple of people on here have mentioned it but for those who subscribe, has the standard been good so far?

It still has a 30 day free trial available so was thinking of giving it a go. The actual offer after that of £30 for the year still seems pretty decent if it’s to a decent standard.

I've been a subscriber for two and a half years,I'm only interested in two team,Rangers and the Toronto Maple Leafs.

I don't watch any other SPL games or NHL games not involving my teams,not even the Stanley Cup Final,even though I could as part of my NHLTV subscription,or the Scottish Cup Final.

James Mirtle was my favourite Maple Leafs writer,when he left the Globe&Mail to become editor of the Athletic Toronto,I followed him over and have never regretted it,the Leafs content is second to none,and the Rangers content has been excellent too,a pleasant surprise for me.

I've taken the free month just this week.

I've enjoyed the Rangers stuff, and also read a bit of Leeds stuff from Phil Hay who I like. But there's probably not enough to justify taking a subscription afterwards.

Back