Any transfer hopes for the Summer Window?

Winter window will be important this year especially if we are close or above Celtic and Gerrard already said he wants players in a good january window could be the difference between winning the league and not winning it hopefully the summer we can keep 2 or 3 of the loan players we have and dont have to bring as many players as the last few summers

I think it's about what or who the scum add in January that could be vital. They need to back Brendan with serious cash. It depends who they can get though...

We need to start adding quality now. 1/2 players max I think we'll get and they need to be first 11 players.

The scum i believe will lose boyata who for some crazy reason is their best defender.

We need a left back and a number 10, yes we have borna but we cant have that area as exposed as it is now second half of season.

Possibly a poacher type striker for when morelos doesnt play.

I'll be surprised if its any more than 1 or 2 at most Its difficult to do decent business during the Winter window

I suspect the board may go with what we have. Just let all our injured players recover

Winter window is notoriously tough to get quality. No decent players are out of contract so you have to pay through the nose to get quality.

Attacking / creative midfield still seems the most obvious area that needs strengthened.

We need a creative midfielder and a striker.

I'd be happy with that

Could see us getting loanees as opposed to permanent signings unless the right player is available for the right price.

The January window is typically inflated

When you break it down we have a decent squad

Keepers

McGregor/Foderingham

RB Tav/Flanagan
LB Barisic/Halliday (could probably do with cover there but it can wait until July if we get barisic fit)

CB Goldson/Katic/Worrall/McCauley

DM Coulibaly/Jack/Rossiter/McRorie
AM Arfield/Ejaria/Another

Wingers Candeias/Middleton/Grezda/Kent

Strikers Morelos/Lafferty/ANOTHER

It really is remarkable the team that SG had built with limited funds in such a short space of time

I think it's about what or who the scum add in January that could be vital. They need to back Brendan with serious cash. It depends who they can get though...

We need to start adding quality now. 1/2 players max I think we'll get and they need to be first 11 players.
As the compo count rises by the day he might have to sell players Sir!??

I'd be happy with that

Could see us getting loanees as opposed to permanent signings unless the right player is available for the right price.

Keepers

McGregor/Foderingham

RB Tav/Flanagan
LB Barisic/Halliday (could probably do with cover there but it can wait until July if we get barisic fit)

It really is remarkable the team that SG had built with limited funds in such a short space of time
And a lot of that building has to be down to Mark Allen I’d think.

We badly need a creative midfielder and a strong midfielder who can dictate the play as Ejaria, Jack, Arfield etc etc are not able to dominate the midfield. Start of the season Jack looked like he was moulding into a Barry Ferguson type player sitting just infront of Coolbilly and he was doing it all he looked incredible but since back from injury he seems to of went into DM and Coolbilly a CM and is happy to mop up when for me it was working way better the other way round. So if were keeping Jack at DM we badly need a strong dictator of the ball in there alongside him as Ejaria and Coolbilly are never going to dictate.

I think we'll make 2 signings in the winter window, but only if the right options are there.

We have decent squad now, continuing to gel, and it'd be careless to spend for the sake of it and risk ruining that.

I don't think there is any chance of Morelos leaving unless we receive a truly mental bid.

As for the team/squad i would like to see another AM/CM type as we are lacking a wee bit in that area.

The scum i believe will lose boyata who for some crazy reason is their best defender.

We need a left back and a number 10, yes we have borna but we cant have that area as exposed as it is now second half of season.

Possibly a poacher type striker for when morelos doesnt play.
We need players in other positions before getting a left back

Don’t see Morelos going in the winter.

Gerrard will have made some guarantees to him and suspect the relationship between them will mean he stays.

A number 10, another striker and Davis.
Agreed they are the 3 positions we need,if we can see it ive no doubt the gaffer will also

If we have a budget which it sounds like we do .... i would spend every penny of it on a quality no.10 who has the guile to unlock a packed 18 yard box.

We dont need numbers ...we need game changers ... and i'd rather we signed one quality player in that role than add 2 or 3 of similar quality to what we have

Hardest thing might be keeping Morelos.
Can't see him leaving at the minute,especially in January, we'd need 2players to replace him such is the shift he puts in,but I'd say we need another forward to cover him,Lafferty isn't enough.

We need players in other positions before getting a left back

I also wrote a number 10 and striker?? You naw see that??

We have plenty cm's and dcm's we have cover for kent and camdeias in middleton n gezda. We have enough central defenders although not a settled pair (maby another for cover will do)

So other than the positions i already covered where would you say we need players in?

Come December 10-20 Morelos will be linked to Cardiff/Nottingham Forrest for 3.5 million meanwhile Eduoard is being lined up for a multi million bid by Arsenal.

And people will swallow it.

I know I shouldn't really say this but I am hoping we bid for Naismith, he is a fiery centre forward and knows how to bang them in,

Lafferty has been injured and his goal in Spain was some moment but I do think we need another Centre Forward incase our bull gets injured

Central midfielder who can unlock a tight defence
Striker

Think we will see some of exits during January - big Ross on loan and Rossiter on loan (depending on Dorrans being fit) and Sadiq back to Roma.

From what I have heard doing the rumourmill.

Harvey St Clair 20 years old AMF / RW / Secondary Striker From Venezia fromer Chelsea youth Michael Beale played part of his development. Loan with view to pre contract.

Nathaniel Clyne Right Back cover loan from Liverpool until end of the season.

Steve Davis buy if price is right if Southampton now willing to sell, if not loan.

A Striker

Pre Contract for Lewis Macleod to join in the summer.

December is vital, is we are withing a few points or even better right up there, then we'll go for it and nail them.

Need to win these games coming up but,

Steven Davis seems a goer from the informed folk.

Harvey St Clair 20 years old AMF / RW / Secondary Striker From Venezia fromer Chelsea youth Michael Beale played part of his development. Loan with view to pre contract.

Steve Davis buy if price is right if Southampton now willing to sell, if not loan.

A Striker

We ain't getting nathanial clyne fs, more chance of patsy

A Striker

No chance for cover, maybe a loan if Tavernier is sold.

I'd be happy with that

Keepers

McGregor/Foderingham

RB Tav/Flanagan

I think we'll loan out McCrorie and bring in a more attack minded midfielder instead. No need to have the 4 of him, Coulibaly, Jack & Rossiter in the squad really, and he's not getting much of a look in.

Possibly McCrorie out, Davis in?

I know I shouldn't really say this but I am hoping we bid for Naismith, he is a fiery centre forward and knows how to bang them in,

Lafferty has been injured and his goal in Spain was some moment but I do think we need another Centre Forward incase our bull gets injured
No no no

I also wrote a number 10 and striker?? You naw see that??

We have plenty cm's and dcm's we have cover for kent and camdeias in middleton n gezda. We have enough central defenders although not a settled pair (maby another for cover will do)

So other than the positions i already covered where would you say we need players in?
I agree with number 10 and striker,left back is least of our worries tbh as we have borna who is our first choice and after that halliday,Wallace and Flanagan to fill in.
Creative midfielder and striker are 2 we need

Last edited:
I would be happy with a couple of players provided they are a noticeable step up in quality from what we have. I don't want signings for signings sake, we need a proper number 10 and if we spent all our budget there then I'd take that! Quality over quantity.

Kieran Dowell on loan from everton and Spend what ever budget is availible on a striker

Brendan? Dearie me.

Can't see him leaving at the minute,especially in January, we'd need 2players to replace him such is the shift he puts in,but I'd say we need another forward to cover him,Lafferty isn't enough.
I was meaning more for the summer as I agree he won't go this winter.

Good chance we will get some offers though.

Agreed we need a couple players. A 10 and a striker.

Tav has already played 24 Games this season across 3 Competitions, we have still to enter a 4th. We are going to need reinforcements, Tavernier can't play 60+ games this season.
I just think Liverpool would want Clyne getting game time as a 1st choice, he can sit on the bench down there as well as he could up here. Hope your right though, you've been good so far.

Back