Anya for the Bears? Yes or No?

For me, every time I see I am impressed. Always full of energy and looking to go forward. From what I heard on the commentary, he is not playing much like C.Martin at Derby. Could he be a good addition for the Bears.
The reason that he's not playing much is because he isn't good enough. He works hard for sure and has pace but that's about it. Not for me - among other things, I want Gers to sign big, strong players who won't be bullied like too many of the current squad, not small players who are too easily pushed off the ball.

It would depend on fees and wages.
He is a half decent player and could maybe give a similar output to Candieas on the other side.

If it was going to be a case of ~75% of the January budget going on him, then no chance.
Freebie or loan to run down his contract then nominal fee then it would be a good shout.

I'm a bear and people like me. I'll sign for nothing. You want me?

This is a football forum, not a forum that discusses personalities, so I'd have thought it was pretty obvious that I was saying I like him as a player, especially as I didn't state anywhere that I know him.

So, I like him as a player and he's a bear, is that so difficult to understand?

I'll hazard a guess that you're pish at football, though, so regardless of how many people like you, I'll pass!

Given he's not getting a game at Derby I'd enquire about a loan deal,I don't think he'd be worth any sort of considerable outlay though.No offence as he's decent,but we need to be spending money a bit more wisely than on players who are at an age where their main asset(pace) is on the decline.

He would be an excellent player to have in the squad as he can fill a number of positions. Would all depend on finance though, I wouldn't be splashing out a big fee and big wages for him. If we are making a big outlay, we need to make sure it's going to be someone who's going to make a big difference to our starting 11.

I'd like to see us be more creative in the bosman market. There are a number of good players available on free transfers this summer down south who would definitely enhance our team.

Thought he was Scotlands most effective player a couple of years ago cutting in from the left. I've no idea why Strachan decided to change his position, he's played just about everywhere else bar there the past 12 months, including full back. It's not like it's a great player keeping him out the team, it's guys like Matt Phillips.

I'd say yes for a reasonable fee & wages, if we can't get Walker.

He would be a useful addition to the squad in my eyes for the right price, quick and direct and wouldn't be scared to get stuck in to the spl dross.

He would be ending his international career if he signed with us. I would take him on loan to see how he worked out first.

I wouldn't be looking at bringing him in. He does have bags of pace but appears to have little else. Doesn't appear to have a footballing brain and too often takes the wrong option. Not sure he has the guile and craft to open a packed defence, as others have said, he would be more useful in a counter attacking team where he is chasing a ball into space rather than rely on a bit of skill or trickery to create some space.

I'd take him if his wages were in line with out budget (which I suspect, they are not).

He can play anywhere on the left or right, really so quite a versatile player.

Definitely, I have liked him since I first seen him, and that he is openly a Rangers man adds to the appeal.

He could probably turn in a performance every 6 or 7 games - similar to Mackay, he may have pace and energy but would he show up every game. A no from me

Hmmm sitting on the fence on this one, but edging to the side of no. Yes he is a grafter, but I am not convinced he would solve our problems there and think there are better players we could go for in that position.

He can't get ahead of Johnny Russell in a poor Derby team.

If he wasn't Scottish and a Rangers fan, no one would be suggesting we sign a backup player from a team in 15th place in the English Championship.

He would rival Tav but I dont know if I would spend a good bit of cash on him. His final ball can be poor and he runs down alleys where he ends up with nowhere to go. His cross that went straight out of play in stoppage time for example. If Tav done that fans would be going nuts.

A really good little player with a great attitude - he also said in a recent interview that he fulfilled a dream when playing for Scotland at Ibrox so it's a big YES for me!

He is absolutely horrendous. He can barely trap a ball, and his crossing is woeful. Heed doon and run, O'Halloran-esque.

Back