Anyone been offered a seat transfer yet?

Wanted a transfer this time last year, didn't bother with the list. Went into the ticket office and requested a transfer as my view was poor(2nd row of GF2). Lady was really helpful, showed me the available seats on her screen and I picked the 2 I wanted.
Obviously u cant go in this year but I think u have to be proactive to get what u want.

I've a mate looking to move up closer to me in gf1 from gf6 if thats interests anyone on here that sits in gf1 looking a more central seat

I've a mate looking to move up closer to me in gf1 from gf6 if thats interests anyone on here that sits in gf1 looking a more central seat
Trying to get my daughter moved into GF1 near me. She has a cracking seat in the family stand right behind the net about 7 rows up.

I'll throw mine into this thread but have asked Admin if we can have a dedicated thread in the ticket office forum.

I've got CD1 row N and GF7 row B tickets, looking to move them to GE1 row X or as close as possible.

Happy to move the CD1 ticket to anywhere GE, GF or CF initially though.

Message me if interested.

Thanks

Last edited:
I thought bar 72 members where getting moved first to other parts ground if they needed has this started anyone?

A couple of seasons ago I went into the ticket office and done it there and then. No waiting.

It was when the general sale was on. As I could point out to the guy in the office, the seats I wanted were available for general sale, so I wouldn't want to buy a new season ticket and cancel the old one, just so I could get these new seats, instead of waiting to be called up for a seat transfer.

Was in and out of the ticket office in 10 minutes. Same price band so didnt cost me a thing.

A couple of seasons ago I went into the ticket office and done it there and then. No waiting.

It was when the general sale was on. As I could point out to the guy in the office, the seats I wanted were available for general sale, so I wouldn't want to buy a new season ticket and cancel the old one, just so I could get these new seats, instead of waiting to be called up for a seat transfer.

Was in and out of the ticket office in 10 minutes. Same price band so didnt cost me a thing.

Pal of mine did similar a couple of years back but it’s just not possible in the current environment.

I also think, personally, that the TO should do all seat transfer requests online / remotely anyway, based on timing of application or how long people have been on the transfer waiting list. The option of popping into the Ticket Office, even in normal times, isn’t a feasible option for season ticket holders like me who live a few hundred miles away from Glasgow. So the idea that someone can accelerate themselves up the transfer priority list just by walking into the TO is hardly fair in that respect.

I never received an email last year telling me I was unsuccessful so I am assuming I’m still on the waiting list - if I have been taken off I’ll be fuming

If anyone on this thread is looking for a seat swap they should post their section and how many seats. Might strike lucky on here.

If anyone on this thread is looking for a seat swap they should post their section and how many seats. Might strike lucky on here.
Prob no use to anyone but I’m in GE3 row V and my pal is GF6 row A, we are looking for two together basically anywhere part from club deck

Pal of mine did similar a couple of years back but it’s just not possible in the current environment.

I also think, personally, that the TO should do all seat transfer requests online / remotely anyway, based on timing of application or how long people have been on the transfer waiting list. The option of popping into the Ticket Office, even in normal times, isn’t a feasible option for season ticket holders like me who live a few hundred miles away from Glasgow. So the idea that someone can accelerate themselves up the transfer priority list just by walking into the TO is hardly fair in that respect.

every sort of ‘waiting list’ the club do is a farce. The season ticket waiting list was effectively a mailing list saying they were going on sale on this date at this time. Hopefully that changes with mygers points. The seat transfer waiting list is a farce as well when people can just walk in and transfer in the ticket office regardless of time on the list. How hard can it be to create a list for every section of the stadium and put people in chronological order from when they applied. I’m not an IT expert but that can’t be hard to set up and then when a seat is available in that section you go down the list

every sort of ‘waiting list’ the club do is a farce. The season ticket waiting list was effectively a mailing list saying they were going on sale on this date at this time. Hopefully that changes with mygers points. The seat transfer waiting list is a farce as well when people can just walk in and transfer in the ticket office regardless of time on the list. How hard can it be to create a list for every section of the stadium and put people in chronological order from when they applied. I’m not an IT expert but that can’t be hard to set up and then when a seat is available in that section you go down the list
Could set it up on a spreadsheet and it would still work better than whatever way they do it now.

Could set it up on a spreadsheet and it would still work better than whatever way they do it now.

every year it just feels like the people that get seat transfer and season tickets are just down to your luck . Must be so frustrating for folk. Yes these things can take years especially if you want a premium seat but at least if folk could see a clear order they would be more understanding

I’m on the waiting list for a transfer along with my dad. A colleague at work isn’t renewing his tickets, so I emailed the ticket office with all the details, copied all parties into the email and thought it would be a straightforward swap at that point. I gave up after a few emails back and forth (each time with different members of staff), with the last email simply confirming that I’m on the waiting list and they don’t have a date when they’ll get to it.

Ridiculous if they haven't even started them yet, must be around 3/4k seats that haven't been renewed and the public sale will be soon. Need to start the seat transfer process asap

I emailed today as I'm on the list to move from Bar72 looking for a single seat and I got a quick reply saying that if they could accommodate my request that they would be in contact over the next few weeks. In other words a don't call us, we'll call you message as in a few weeks would be after the season starts. :-(

I emailed today as I'm on the list to move from Bar72 looking for a single seat and I got a quick reply saying that if they could accommodate my request that they would be in contact over the next few weeks. In other words a don't call us, we'll call you message as in a few weeks would be after the season starts. :-(
Whats the email address?

If they can accommodate your request.

They will and can be able to offer some sort of choices there are plenty of seats to go around for us in bar72 who were given a renewal with a near 30% increase so we will and should be accommodated before anybody else on any other lists.

Wish they just gave us a years notice I am sick still of having to give the seat up.

Doesnt look like this is going to go well,basicaly no one will know about transfers ,to me theyl just sell the 3k or 4k spare seats to new season ticket holders off mygers saves them a lot hassle swaping people about when there working from home,dont think weve any chance tbh.

Doesnt look like this is going to go well,basicaly no one will know about transfers ,to me theyl just sell the 3k or 4k spare seats to new season ticket holders off mygers saves them a lot hassle swaping people about when there working from home,dont think weve any chance tbh.

I’ve had the same mail as everyone else. I’m on the list and the TO will be in touch if they can accommodate my request when they start to look at transfers. Which certainly implies they haven’t started yet.

But I sincerely hope they don’t do as you’ve suggested here. Existing season ticket holders requesting a transfer should definitely be prioritised before those applying for new season tickets get a look in.

I’ve had the same mail as everyone else. I’m on the list and the TO will be in touch if they can accommodate my request when they start to look at transfers. Which certainly implies they haven’t started yet.

But I sincerely hope they don’t do as you’ve suggested here. Existing season ticket holders requesting a transfer should definitely be prioritised before those applying for new season tickets get a look in.
I was going to gamble and not renew our 2 seats to see if i could get better ones and closer,and try in waiting list mygers sale got a feeling now i probably should have cant see us getting an offer just got feeling hope im wrong but theres no way knowing if the process is done correctly they emailed me back to say were on list but nothing else since weve been waiting ages for swap.

I’ve no even had this email. Just the auto-response one. Not looking good for a move.

I would be glad if I were you that you didn't do this.

42k ST renewed, meaning they've only got 4k~ to shift - more than 23k on MyGers, and i'd certainly bet atleast half of those are on the waiting list, (w/ prob the other 10-11k signed up for first pop at away tix) at a conservative guess. you'd have lost your seats and have had absolutely had to hope in hell you'd have been top of that particular pile & have seats available in the area you're looking for AFTER they've exhausted their transfer list - which basically leaves feck all but Club Deck sides and shitty MR restricted view seats.

It's not that they skip the transfer process - it just doesn't accomodate as many as is on the list because of the finite number of spaces available. daresay 50% of folk want seating on the halfway line, or seats near exits, or seats with 2-5 mates.

I was going to gamble and not renew our 2 seats to see if i could get better ones and closer,and try in waiting list mygers sale got a feeling now i probably should have cant see us getting an offer just got feeling hope im wrong but theres no way knowing if the process is done correctly they emailed me back to say were on list but nothing else since weve been waiting ages for swap.

I thought 42k was very near to capacity ST sales. If we have max 50k seats with 1k for away I've heard they keep a buffer zone of around 3 - 5k in the away corner which they can sell on public sale but are required to keep on a game by game basis as advised by the police. could be wrong but 4k ST remaining seems like a high number.

I thought 42k was very near to capacity ST sales. If we have max 50k seats with 1k for away I've heard they keep a buffer zone of around 3 - 5k in the away corner which they can sell on public sale but are required to keep on a game by game basis as advised by the police. could be wrong but 4k ST remaining seems like a high number.
There were 46k ST holders last season, if 42k have renewed then there is 4k seats to be sold in public sale.

They will and can be able to offer some sort of choices there are plenty of seats to go around for us in bar72 who were given a renewal with a near 30% increase so we will and should be accommodated before anybody else on any other lists.

Wish they just gave us a years notice I am sick still of having to give the seat up.
Likewise, didn’t want to give up my seat but fear the next price hike and struggle to get a decent transfer next season.

Apologies if it’s been mentioned but when does the public sale start?

im in GF4 row I, ideally I want a seat further back in the same section. Highly doubt theres a seat available though.

I’m the same,I didn’t want to give up my bar72 but had no choice,was poor that they didn’t give any notice of price hike

My mate said he spoke to them about our request and they couldn’t even find my email.

They then told him it’s unlikely anyway.

Its probably been covered before, but, I've been on the list for 4 years waiting for a second seat close to me for my son. Does this new scheme mean I lose those 4 years on the list and have to start again?

I think its clear the current seat transfer system is failing for a lot on here. I've asked Admin but no response yet about adding a Season Ticket Seat Swap thread in the ticket centre.
I'm going to do it anyway and keep post 1 up to date with the latest requests. Worse case it's removed, best case it works for a few on here. Here's the link if you want to add your details to it

I only renewed my season ticket in the hope of getting a transfer

I only renewed my season ticket in the hope of getting a transfer
I was told best to renew Bar72 then we would be on a priority list for seat transfer. Hoping to hear soon although received a standard ticket office response when chasing up.

There's quite a few of us in the same situation and I fear a shambles ahead. Now that I've paid my money I'd actually consider staying in Bar72 for one more season but then what would happen next season? Are they expecting you to pay over £2000 to renew Bar72 before they'd look at transferring you? They can't expect folk to do that when they could be moving to seats that are a quarter of the price. The whole reason folk want to move is because they can't afford that sort of money. That makes it all the more important they get transfers sorted out this season.

Back