Anyone been to West Ham home?

Struths Canary

Usual questions: are tickets available usually? Is the area good for beers and food? Transport links?

Looks cracking stadium and I'm interested in Olympic Park area.

Went to see Depeche Mode there 4 years ago
Got the train to the Westfield shopping centre from Waterloo then a 10 min walk to the stadium

Cracking big stadium but not sure how available tickets are

Stratford I'm sure is the train station

Can't help you mate, but think they are adding more seats to make it 67k making it the biggest club ground in London.

Not sure about tickets, only been there for baseball but the area around the stadium was packed with places to eat and drink.
Short walk from the tube.

Went to a game a couple of years ago. My mate has 2 season tickets for him and his old man and his folks were away on a cruise so he offered me the ticket. So don't know about how easy it is to get a ticket.

There isn't much in the area, we had a couple of pints in a pub near Stratford Station then walked up to the ground.

Went to Upton Park a few years ago and tickets were readily available on the day of the match (Wolves midweek). With the new bigger stadium I would think you should get in easily.

Was there for the Olympics, and the transport links are a major criteria for these types of stadiums. Nowhere reasonable to park though

Registered on the club website and got tickets against Newcastle (couple of years ago) easily enough. Tube to Statford then 10 mins walk but there is nothing much around the stadium so Westfield shopping centre at the station is the best bet for food/ drink. Beer available in the stadium of course but it was mobbed around the bar. Good big stadium, a bit different from most due to it being for Olympics originally.

The big shopping centre at Stratford now almost joins the footprint of the London Stadium.
Easy to get to.
Eating and drinking options are in there.
Good day out :)) among decent fans but a day at Upton Park was much better.
Used to be a member,as I used to get to a couple of games a season,but let it lapse.

Went to the game there on Wednesday, really easy transport link to Stratford via the underground and just a short walk from the station to the ground. Managed to buy a ticket from their website without having to join/sign up to any memberships too.

I've been a few times, lots of bars in and around Westfield shopping centre, transport links are good, central line jubilee line, and overhead trains all to Stratford stn, tickets available for most games, hope this helps.

Went few years ago against Man U, got tickets absolutely no bother for that fixture after signing up to their website

I'm sitting at Heathrow now after today's magnificent victory.
Plenty of drinking options and great ransport links.
Tickets shouldn't be hard to get if you register.
And despite today's brilliant victory, it's still a stadium I don't like.
I have a membership so if it's just one ticket you need, drop me a PM

I've been going for over thirty years, and now have 1 adult and 3 child season tickets over at the new place for me and my girls so can answer most questions about the place...
Don't eat the food in the ground, it's utter jank. Stalls around outside are ok, but like everything these days massively overpriced...
Easy to get to, and tickets are more available this season for some bizarre reason, although most games do end up sold out.

Soulless if you like that kinda thing, transport & food outlets are all close at hand, as much as I don’t like West Ham going to Upton Park was a great occasion and far better than Stratford.
You get a free jazz mag and a signed pic of Brady’s knockers with every ticket though.

Big oval like Hampden as per TV.
Assume views from behind goals are poor.
I bet the atmosphere at the old ground was bettr!
There is an element of rose tint on that. Upton Park could be incredibly hostile, and I had many fantastic games over there with great atmospheres... but let's not kid ourselves there have been some shockers there as well!
The atmosphere at the new place can be good but likewise it can be shocking as with most teams a lot depends on how much effort is being put in on the pitch. It's getting better as the tourists are petering out and people are starting to migrate to certain blocks of like minded people.
The views from the lower tiers are pretty good, but sod being up in the gods I bet it is utter gash.
The biggest problem for me is the walk to and from the ground, as that is totally soulless and the local setting seems to make it as hard as possible for the fans, i.e you cant just dive into Westfield for food or beer afterwards which seems madness.

Usual questions: are tickets available usually? Is the area good for beers and food? Transport links?

It was easier to get tickets earlier in the year but expect it will be harder now they are flying. Poor atmosphere and poor ground for football although impressive as a stadium. I was at the Watford game and it was quiet besides the goals.

Went to see guns n roses a few years ago. Tremendous stadium but not for football. Transport links are great.

I'm sitting at Heathrow now after today's magnificent victory.
Plenty of drinking options and great ransport links.
Tickets shouldn't be hard to get if you register.
And despite today's brilliant victory, it's still a stadium I don't like.
I have a membership so if it's just one ticket you need, drop me a PM
This season they've pumped Chelsea, Liverpool and knocked both Manchester clubs out the League cup,

I go down Wednesday with the hope I'll see them win a game, easily 3 years since I've witnessed a victory. A fckin 89th minute equaliser for Brighton, the boys I go to games with from Bedford were calling me a jinxing bassa.

:)

It’s soulless and a shit stadium for watching football. Can’t really remember what the food options were like but you can get beer. The Westfield is next door, so tons of food options there and very easy to get to on the underground.

Not been to a game but Stratford is a shithole. Can get a quick train from St Pancreas though!
^this about the train^

I meet up with mates at the Wetherspoons in St Pancras, we get the 'Javelin' train from the platform directly above the pub. Takes 6 mins and you're at Stratford.

Been a few times for both West Ham games and other events like the Olympics and Baseball

Nearest main station is Stratford ( overground/jubilee/central/dlr) and about a 20 minute walk

Few bars and restaurants in Stratford

This season they've pumped Chelsea, Liverpool and knocked both Manchester clubs out the League cup,

I go down Wednesday with the hope I'll see them win a game, easily 3 years since I've witnessed a victory. A fckin 89th minute equaliser for Brighton, the boys I go to games with from Bedford were calling me a jinxing bassa.

Ha ha you must be mate as been some great results lately.

Never been to the Olympic Stadium, only the old Boleyn Ground, which by most people’s evaluations was much better.

If you are a jinx wish you had gone today….

Dead easy to get to- station is right outside the ground. Wasn’t there for a game- better than that- it was to see Guns n Roses

I live 20 minutes walk from the stadium, daughter's English team is West Ham. Loads of amazing breweries, bars, restaurants, food popups etc around the Olympic Park and Hackney Wick - especially on match day. Worst atmosphere I've witnessed at the football though, most season ticket holders aren't West Ham fans (books are really cheap around £300).

Not been to the new stadium but went to the Boelyn about 10 years ago, cracking stadium and a shame they have moved.
Fully agree with you. The Boelyn was a proper old fashioned football stadium. It looked like it had unfortunately been allowed to fall into a state of decay, when I was last there a few years back.
The new Stadium is not a patch on it for atmosphere.

as as ST holder at WH and RFC some amount of bullshit in this thread as always about irons and the usual football tourists after the the move if you need any info drop a pm its not what it was but when the teams doing well it pciks up

if you know the area and the people its still a great day out

I’ve got nothing to offer this thread other than I just watched them beat Chelsea on motd and the atmosphere looked excellent, particularly their winner and at full time.

A lot of good craft breweries in the Hackney Wick side of the Olympic Stadium
Howling Hops and The Crate in Queens Yard are just yards from each other, and about a 10 minute walk from the ground.

Beer Merchants Tap is a bit further away, but not much. Get there early to make a dent in their choice of 500 bottles!

Fully agree with you. The Boelyn was a proper old fashioned football stadium. It looked like it had unfortunately been allowed to fall into a state of decay, when I was last there a few years back.
The new Stadium is not a patch on it for atmosphere.

A proper football ground mate, not a fan of the more modern grounds.

The Boelyn reminded me a bit of Tynecastle as it was quite tight knit and close to the pitch, the new one looks very much the opposite having never been.

Spurs and Brentfords new ground don't appeal to me at all. Especially in England I prefer the older grounds. The year we played Bristol Coty and Sheffield Wednesday away were great as I got to Bristols ground before they modernised it in recent years and also in the Leppings lane end at Sheff Wed with its unusual entrance.

Can't help you OP, just wanted to add my only claim to fame. I attended the dress rehearsal of the Olympic opening ceremony at that stadium, so I reckon there's a seat in the stadium that had the honour of my fine ass being the one to grace it for the first time.

I went in august for the game v crystal palace. Ticket that day was only £29 and game was very entertaining and ended 2 each Got my ticket from p1 travel. Really enjoyed my day out and the atmosphere was good i thought. Got a wee soft spot for the hammers now.

Back