Anyone driving on Friday?

Crown_Defender

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
If so where are you parking?

Looks to me like there's roadworks in and around the cut off for the ground. Was thinking coming off at the roundabout before it, where the car dealerships are, and heading up through that estate and parking in one of the streets off Newhouse Rd? Tbh I'm only going on google maps, not actually sure what's down there, I'm assuming more industrial units?

I’m thinking of coming in from the Dundee side, I know it’s going through the town but It may be the best route in.
I then intend parking up by the Tulluch Social Club.

Last edited:
If you are coming from Glasgow, Dundee or Aberdeen routes. I'd come off at broxden and go through the housing estate. My uncle is a st j supporter and lives south of Perth and that's where he goes. We had an easy route in and out of the ground last time I went there

It's a wee stadium though. It won't be that tough where ever.

If so where are you parking?

Looks to me like there's roadworks in and around the cut off for the ground. Was thinking coming off at the roundabout before it, where the car dealerships are, and heading up through that estate and parking in one of the streets off Newhouse Rd? Tbh I'm only going on google maps, not actually sure what's down there, I'm assuming more industrial units?
It a new bypass extension mate and road to tAke pressure from Dunkeld road which is like a car park in rush hours.

If you travel northwards from the Broxden roundabout, the cut-off you would normally take is blocked by roadworks, so continue down to the Inveralmond roundabout and double back towards Broxden, that slip-road for the ground is open.

It a new bypass extension mate and road to tAke pressure from Dunkeld road which is like a car park in rush hours.
It was Dunkeld Road that I was thinking of coming in from, the roundabout that splits near Asda?
My logic of thinking is it would be quieter after 6pm? With there being only one junction open from the inveralmond side then the tailback will be horrendous.

Last edited:
I’m driving through from Glasgow (South Side), planning on leaving about 5:45pm, should this leave enough time giving the roadworks that have been mentioned..?

I’m driving through from Glasgow (South Side), planning on leaving about 5:45pm, should this leave enough time giving the roadworks that have been mentioned..?

I'm leaving Neilston at about half four and think I will struggle to do t time traffic to make it up in time.
What time are the buses leaving the city and the surrounds?
That might give us a good guide to when to leave.

I'm leaving Neilston at about half four and think I will struggle to do t time traffic to make it up in time.
What time are the buses leaving the city and the surrounds?
That might give us a good guide to when to leave.

Half 4 is a bit early I would have thought, usually takes about an hour & 20 mins with a clear run at it, obviously traffic & roadworks to take into account but still seems a little early mate.

Good shout with the supporters busses though :)

Half 4 is a bit early I would have thought, usually takes about an hour & 20 mins with a clear run at it, obviously traffic & roadworks to take into account but still seems a little early mate.

Kingston Bridge is a carpark from two onwards on a Friday, was actually thinking about a wee detour and heading over M8 and doing the new bridge, but no doubt tourists will have that blocked as well.

Our bus (Clarkston Loyal) is leaving the Redhurst at 4.15 and are stopping at Blackford for 90 mins.

Had we not been stopping we'd have been leaving 5.45.

Kingston Bridge is a carpark from two onwards on a Friday, was actually thinking about a wee detour and heading over M8 and doing the new bridge, but no doubt tourists will have that blocked as well.
try the Clackmannanshire bridge m8.you can get back on m90 at Kinross/milnathort.WATP

Back