Anyone else missing midweek games.

Gaz030191

Don't get me wrong, it's good for the players to have a well earned breather with the amount of games they've played, and watching the fallout fo the Dubai debacle has been great, but I'm missing the Wednesday/Thursday games.

During lockdown football has very much kept me going. Looking forward of a midweek game to break up work and then not being able to do much at the weekend made better for a few hours by sticking the game on.

Pleased the players get some recovery time, but on a selfish note I'm looking forward to the end of the month for a few midweek games in the league and Europe again.

Big time mate, it’s left a big void at the moment.

I’ve started a new box set on Sky but it’s nothing compared to the Eve of a game listening to heart and hand and press conferences before and after matches etc.

At least the team will be getting well drilled mentality wise and physically at training, that’s what I’m telling myself.

Last edited:
When things were normal I hated midweek games, especially home league and cup mid week as it meant 2 days off work for me. But now that we aren’t allowed out I am wishing we could play every midweek as I’m bored stiff lol

EPL virtually everyday helps; although I understand a lot of folk on here don't watch any football, except us.

The only disappointment regarding today is there is not a 6pm kickoff, only 8pm; Arsenal v Palace - lovely.

x5 live EPL games tomorrow,

Villa is postponed on Sunday so we don't even have to miss it - instead we have our game, then x3 live EPL matches,

And then we have more live EPL matches on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday next week.

Easy.

I just watched the full match again v Celtic Kenny and Pedro game and I’m delighted to say we still won

We play better when involved in European games midweek IMO. It keeps the standard high as European opponents much better than any team we play in the SPL. When the European games stop over Christmas and New year last couple seasons we've tailed off. Even this season our performances dropped slightly although we've kept winning. Looking forward to Antwerp

Also missing it big time. Hoping the players get the chance to recharge their batteries before it all starts up again and keep up our form until the end of the season.

From a selfish point yes, espcially when we are playing so well and so close.

But these 1 week breaks will be giving the players a much needed rest and allow them to work on things during training that is so valuable.

Furlough has been a lot easier this time with football on, but yes, still missing the midweek games. Been some decent Spanish and Italian football on to compensate though.

It feels like an international break every week doesn’t it? But it’s giving the team a chance to train and rest, so it’s a good thing.

Yeh....it broke the week up and gave us something to look forward to....but it won’t be long and hopefully we last get to semi’s at least to keep us in games through March into April.

Not even a little bit.

The difference in our performance, tempo and style against Aberdeen fully backed up Gerrard’s statement that time on the training pitch would make a massive difference.

EPL virtually everyday helps; although I understand a lot of folk on here don't watch any football, except us.

The only disappointment regarding today is there is not a 6pm kickoff, only 8pm; Arsenal v Palace - lovely.

x5 live EPL games tomorrow,

Villa is postponed on Sunday so we don't even have to miss it - instead we have our game, then x3 live EPL matches,

And then we have more live EPL matches on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday next week.

Easy.
Arsenal v Palace doesn't exactly stir the blood. :oops:

If Kent plays like that every time he's had a weeks rest I'll gladly sacrifice midweek games, what a transformation from his previous MORE than a few games. He looked like a match winner again with Morelos not far behind.

Yes and no. Over the Christmas period I got used to it because I’d nothing else to do. Now I don’t mind as I’m back in routine and I know it’s more of a rest for the players

It's come at a perfect time so quite happy to have a personal void for a few weeks for the players' benefit. Come February and the restart of Europa League, I'll quite happily go back to every midweek playing again.

Back