Anyone else noticed the subtle change to the RFC Badge since Hummel?

Some of the training gear that Denmark have for the World Cup is really nice.

I think this is just a stop gap till the official unveiling of the new strips.

If this was the real training gear available for everyone to see but not purchase then Marmaris would be a very popular holiday resort this July.

How can a White polo shirt with navy badge and trim look 'horrendous'? It might not be to your taste, but hardly horrendous.

I actually thought the same when Goldson was being interviewed the other night.

Looked like a £5 effort from Primark with our badge sewn onto it. Badly I may add.

I'm pure beelin' at whatever it is most people think is the right thing to be beelin' about on this thread.

Have some of these too. :mad::mad::mad:

And someone who wrote something further back that other people might have agreed / disagreed with is a total throbber.
Don’t know about you but I reckon it’s all Stewart Robertson’s fault, sack him then release an angry statement!!

By the way OP, I genuinely didn’t notice the change in badge, god knows why it was done.

Don’t know about you but I reckon it’s all Stewart Robertson’s fault, sack him then release an angry statement!!

By the way OP, I genuinely didn’t notice the change in badge, god knows why it was done.

I think you mean hunk Robertson. If Martin Bain spent more time sorting out the exact Pantone colour of our strip and less time on the sunbed we wouldn't be in this mess.

I can see why people are upset.
Look at Hamburg’s online range for instance.
Looks a hell of a lot better than our recent bargain bucket gear.
Hope Hummel raise the bar with quality and with choice.

What do you know of the quality of the item. Have you had one in your hands mate? If not, I'm struggling to see how you judge the quality from a photo on a computer, tablet or phone.

Are Hamburg currently hamstrung by a shitty retail deal?

If so then your post makes a lot of sense.

If not...

Some of the training gear that Denmark have for the World Cup is really nice.

I think this is just a stop gap till the official unveiling of the new strips.

If this was the real training gear available for everyone to see but not purchase then Marmaris would be a very popular holiday resort this July.

https://hummel.co.uk/produkter/scf-authentic-charge-poly-jersey-s-s-200722-true-red?gn=612204

https://hummel.co.uk/produkter/scf-classic-bee-noah-polo-200734-black?gn=612204

It might be that the official kit launch hasn't took place yet and these training tops and polos are just a substitute until it's
all legal and above board maybe :)
These tops are the standard training gear that sports clubs can purchase to embroider there clubs badges on it, think we have done the same till the official gear is ready.
Look at the Denmark training gear, it’s far better gear and easier on the eye. Middlesbrough will be the same.

Don't understand why people get upset about small differences in the badge. When I started going to games we never even had a badge on the shirt. Not sure if we even had polo shirts lol.

Personally I couldn't give a monkeys what any gear looks like,it's the body inside it that counts bespoke top of the range won't
make them play better

Oh I've read them mate. Absolute madness the lot of them, much like the initial debates in The Bear Pit when Hummel were mooted.

It's a polo shirt FFS - for folk to lounge around in as semi-casual wear. It's not a 'fashion statement' and it's not something the players or anyone else is going to be wearing to a formal function or a night out at the club (I understand they don't call them 'discos' any more;)). The wearers will be football players or football fans - not bloody catwalk models!
It must take some of these people an hour to pick one shirt they will go over every fukin stitch to make sure it's perfect ,me I'm goin on holiday in October and I am buying the t shirts and the rest of the gear it will take me 10 fukin minutes to get them off the peg for me and my family and we will proudly wear them stitches and all.

My last post on the subject I just looked out two polos I bought for last years holidays the crest is the same as the new Hummel
and I bought them in the Rangers shop

Its a conspiracy to turn all crests into emoji friendly versions.
Going to get reamed for this but I’d prefer we changed the 5 stars below the crest to Roman numerals for 54 which would be LIV and simply LV next season and LVI the next again season. For me it’s a more accurate discription of our achievements and a bit more classy.

Last edited:
Not a huge fan of the training gear we've released as yet but hoping its a stop gap. Don't think the polo shirts deserve some of the criticism they are receiving above. Can't speak of the quality but not unhappy with the design.

Back