Anyone else now feeling more confident?

Nope. Take Alfie out of the equation and we don't have enough goal scorers in the rest of the team. Yesterday was what happens when our only scorer misfires.

Never seen a more one sided OF game,missed opportunity but would like to think we will become stronger from it

I have no idea what you're talking about. What do you mean Morelos will never score against them?

Harry Kane never scored in August till last year, a freak occurrence that has no rhyme or reason to it.
It's simple to understand certainly more simple than mentioning Harry Kane who has nothing at all to do with Rangers, who cares what Kane does..

Last edited:
Not really. every OF game is a different beast. We need to get something at the piggery to show we not only have the ability to outplay them but beat them. WE should go into that game as if it is a continuation of Sunday and pick right up where we left off

They had one shot on target in 90 minutes of football where 3 Celtic players are clearly offside, let's not downplay the level of luck involved in them leaving that stadium with the cup because it's beyond comprehension.

Now that the dust had settled a little bit yes I do feel more confident. We totally outplayed them.
They must be thinking they got away with one there. We can best them at The Piggery

It's strange as I am now far more confident . We played them off the pitch , and for me they are actually not much better than a mid table team . You go through their team and with the exception of a couple of players, they really have a pile of crap playing for them. The difference with them is that they always seem to get a huge slice of luck in most games, far far more than any other team. To be honest, that was probably one of the easiest games we have had all season, we just happened to come up against a keeper who played the game of his life. P.s Morelos was actually superb and was all over their defence.

A guy I work with who has no interest in football whatsoever commented to me about the game. Bear in mind I live in Bristol so he's far removed from any football hype in Scotland.

He couldn't believe we lost that game, he said we totally dominated them and that they were basically extremely lucky. Commented about Forster being excellent and massive for them.

I've got no doubts in my mind we can go to the paedodome and take three points off them. Their luck can't last forever.

For what it's worth here's my thoughts going forward.

Something not yet mentioned is I thought lemon actually played right into our hands with his set up. He would have been drilling it into them for days how to go about it too. You seen brown at it in the warm up as well , these (unts fancied it but came up woefully short over the piece.

9 out 10 times we should be winning that game. No question. We had all the purpose belief and motivation (which gives me huge encouragement) to put them down and only an excellent performance from forster stopped us lifting the cup. It happens!

It's come on the back of another hugely disappointing result at pitodrie which obviously adds to the disappointment but we really do have genuine grounds for optimism going forward. We can break it down till were blue in the face but the truth is we've been a fag paper away from achieving great results in both of these games for our efforts.

Over and above that, there's the obvious officials decisions going against us. I never like to bring this up but the fact is on both occasions their ineptitude (or dishonesty) has cost us. It's a totally different argument but it's not even up for debate because it's just plain fact!

The way I see it from here on in there's two ways this can go from here. A- we roll over, start to unravel, let the season run away from us and accept were not yet good enough. Or B - We realise it's only another setback to overcome and crank it up a notch starting with the game on Thursday. Qualification from that group should act as a yardstick for our progress as a team and as a club. How can we fail to take huge motivation from that? This league title is STILL VERY MUCH within our capabilities. The question is how much do we want it?

Our 4 biggest domestic games so far this season
Old firm Ibrox
Tynecastle
Pittodrie
Cup final.

Haven’t won one of them.

Quote taken from another thread. That's a bit of a concern. Our four toughest domestic games this season and we've not won one of them. Fair enough if Sunday's performances changes peoples minds in terms of confidence but you can understand why people aren't overly confident.

I'd probably add five big domestic games with one win as we beat Hearts at Hampden in the cup semi final but the bigger games in the league - our bread and butter, the one we want the most - we've not won (Hearts and Aberdeen are bigger rivals and tougher away venues in history to Kilmarnock, Livingston where we have struggled. Mainly down to plastic pitch).

We've got two tough away matches coming up where we dropped points at last season. The Hibs game is a day earlier than this time last year where we slipped up.

Can I just clarify before the weekend, are we counting Motherwell and Hibs as 'big domestic games' or are we waiting on the outcome of the result first?

Can I just clarify before the weekend, are we counting Motherwell and Hibs as 'big domestic games' or are we waiting on the outcome of the result first?

Big in a sense that they are tougher away games and important as we play them both before we go to the piggery.

People will no doubt be bring up comments such as, better Rangers sides over the years have dropped points at Easter Road and Fir Park.

The 0-0 game at Easter Road last December contributed to a poor December.

The 0-0 game at Easter Road last December contributed to a poor December.

we shouldve won at easter rd with the chances squandered but we had an obvious red card for hibs only a yellow then within minutes we get a blatant handball for a penalty ignored from craig phucking thomson

penalty at 1:38

I definitely don’t fear them anyway. Only issue is now taking our chances against them that’s the difference. They haven’t dominated us since Gerrard’s first old firm when he gave them too much respect.

Now the dust has settled it underlines there are still personnel changes to be made.. Alfie gave his all as normal but it wasn’t his day in front of goal. This is when we needed someone to step forward and take one of the umpteen chances we created..
They had one chance and scored..Its fine lines but we need more players in our squad to do similar.
Im confident the squad is heading in the right direction but still tweaks to be made.

Now the dust has settled it underlines there are still personnel changes to be made.. Alfie gave his all as normal but it wasn’t his day in front of goal. This is when we needed someone to step forward and take one of the umpteen chances we created..
They had one chance and scored..Its fine lines but we need more players in our squad to do similar.
Im confident the squad is heading in the right direction but still tweaks to be made.

to be fair, if we give any of our players a yards head start in an offside decision I reckon we could score as well.

It's a total myth that stuff. Same with them playing great football.

Most them games were 50-50 and we had that bit of extra quality to win.

True, we allowed them to have the ball where they couldn't hurt us ie in their own half. They would pass the ball about there without doing anything with it. As soon as they attacked we'd take the ball off them and counter. Worked every time.

Yes. Gerrard and the backroom staff should be showing the team the reply of the match and ramming it into there heads "we were the better team, every department we outplayed them" don't let this upset us. Use it as fuel and desire to keep on there toes until the 29th and we will bring the same game if not better to there shite hole and I guarantee we will beat them.

Not really, yesterday reminded me of the 90’s in reverse. Tommy Burns/Brady/Macari Celtic teams had most of the possession and chances while we would nick it 1-0.

This is a myth mate.

A few games we were under pressure and won but posts like that make it sound like nearly every mentally challenged manager of the 90s had Rangers under the cosh.

Not true at all.

No, not really seeing any reason to be more confident. We can now batter %^*& out of them for 90 mins and still not win the game.

Not confident that we will get treated by the officials the same as the schum do and until that happens we are truly at a distinct disadvantage.

Manager and team are doing well not far away from Celtic in terms of quality...... but we had the best option to ref the game the least biased ref(imo anyway) and we were still on the end of shameful decisions which decided the game.

So yes quite confident we have a good team and without doubt the right manager but absolutely no confidence whatsoever in officials who are are going to do pretty much anything to stop us winning the prizes and being successful. It will take a fantastic team to beat this level of corruption.

No. They’ll never be that bad against us in any other game this season and I think we’ll struggle to be that good against them in any other game. And we still couldn’t beat them!

Ironically i think the opposite. We have doninated them last year on the 29th, with 10 men at their home ground we almost beat them and even in the last game at Ibrox despite how poor we were was 60/40 possession to us. They on the other hand played their best team with only eduard missing. A big miss i admit but hes not messi (or ronaldo ) either way we consistently dominate them.

Re us... I think kent was good but could be better, we missed davis and his creative spark massively and Jones would potentially have been better than arfield (or stewart for tgat matter). I think their mentality is carrying them through at the moment but think for just a minute. If the officals had got all the decisions correct we have 3 pens and they dont have a single shot at goal. We are a very good team and as fans need to believe that we are the best as that will reflect onto the pitch.

Would have
Could have
Should have

How many times have we said in games we played really well and would have won if we had taken our chances.

F*cking sick of it. It needs to start happening.

Would have
Could have
Should have

How many times have we said in games we played really well and would have won if we had taken our chances.

F*cking sick of it. It needs to start happening.
Look where we were before gerrard and where we are now. It is happening but its not going to be easy. We are iand will continue to mprove.

Look where we were before gerrard and where we are now. It is happening but its not going to be easy. We are iand will continue to mprove.

I do agree but time is not on our side.

Stopping 10 (preferably 9) is absolutely vital.

It's a must for me.

We need Wins in all of our remaining December games to give me confidence

That means all remaining games have to be reffed properly and we need to be at the races for both difficult away fixtures....

This is a tricky spell for any team and manager to navigate it is truly a case of leave it all out there...my intuition is that it will be too much for this squad but I would be delighted to proven wrong.....

I was as raw as many
Being at the game Morelos “misses” looked worse.
I’ve taken the decision to watch the BT highlights and taken some time to reflect.
That is one of the most one sided Old Firm’s I’ve ever seen. But for inspired keeping and a wee bit of luck we would’ve been out of sight at half time.
Yes we lost, but looking at the bigger picture I now think the likes of Tav, Jack, Arfield, Kamara, Aribo, Morelos etc know they can’t just live with them, but they can be far better.
A lot rides on the 29th, but if we match yesterdays intensity and quality on the ball we can absolutely beat them, we can win this league
Yes. I’ve never seen us dominate an Old Firm so much since the 4-0 drubbing of them under Advocaat.
We’ve heard how much strength in depth they have but in the last two games they needed a last minute goal to beat Hamilton at home and never got a kick in a cup final.
They have no chance to strengthen before Christmas. Remember, Lennon complained about the signings, (THE signings- not HIS signings) early in the season.
If we play as we did on Sunday we will beat them. No ifs, ands, but’s or maybes - it is not possible to be so lucky again.

I do agree but time is not on our side.

Stopping 10 (preferably 9) is absolutely vital.

It's a must for me.
I'm m with you but i honestly dont think we could ask for much more. I always felt stopping 9iar was possible but unlikely based on how far behind we were but now its very possible. Sunday hurts but we didnt lose. We were genuinely robbed i could never have imagined that even a year ago.

We both want the same thing bud just as desperately i think im just more glass half full in this case. I also think the more positive we get the better for the team iys massively important.

I can see what you're saying and why you're saying it OP, but to he honest I'm not over it yet so I can't really think ahead at the moment. Still absolutely sick to my stomach. Sorest result since Manchester for me. It'll take a few days.

Happy to say the pain and shock has dulled quite a bit today.

I'm not going to say I'm more confident but if we can win the next 3 league games and then not lose at the piggery then I'll be satisfied that the players have got over it.

I feel better now.

I was inconsolable on Sunday night and most of Monday.

Onto Thursday and hopefully get a good result to save this week.

I was as raw as many
Being at the game Morelos “misses” looked worse.
I’ve taken the decision to watch the BT highlights and taken some time to reflect.
That is one of the most one sided Old Firm’s I’ve ever seen. But for inspired keeping and a wee bit of luck we would’ve been out of sight at half time.
Yes we lost, but looking at the bigger picture I now think the likes of Tav, Jack, Arfield, Kamara, Aribo, Morelos etc know they can’t just live with them, but they can be far better.
A lot rides on the 29th, but if we match yesterdays intensity and quality on the ball we can absolutely beat them, we can win this league

I feel way more confident. I think its plain to see we have beating of them and are really strong to win the league. They shat it on sunday. Cant wait for rest of season! Optimistic 100%.

Back