Anyone else on CCCS not had email about semi final?

Tpol_rfc

Official Ticketer
My sister has so far had no email whatsoever. She is on CCCS and priority for semi and finals but nothing even in junk folder.

My sister has so far had no email whatsoever. She is on CCCS and priority for semi and finals but nothing even in junk folder.
My brother never gets emails! He’s contacted them about it but no joy, however they confirmed he got a ticket.

I always thought if one got it all right n the friendship did

They changed it two, maybe three, years ago. The new system is much fairer in all honesty. If there’s a ballot each individual gets one bite of the cherry not, for example, four chances simply because they are in a friendship group.

They changed it two, maybe three, years ago. The new system is much fairer in all honesty. If there’s a ballot each individual gets one bite of the cherry not, for example, four chances simply because they are in a friendship group.
Copied this from my post in a previous thread regarding this.

This is obviously guess work but whatever the true figure is the same rationale applies. Say over a period of 5 years we get to 15 matches at Hampden and if everyone gets an equal chance you're going to get 10 tickets and miss 5 surely to fűck you're as well getting the same 10 as the people in your friendship group rather than getting a mixture of sometimes getting to matches together and sometimes going separate from the folk in your friendship group?

Copied this from my post in a previous thread regarding this.

This is obviously guess work but whatever the true figure is the same rationale applies. Say over a period of 5 years we get to 15 matches at Hampden and if everyone gets an equal chance you're going to get 10 tickets and miss 5 surely to fűck you're as well getting the same 10 as the people in your friendship group rather than getting a mixture of sometimes getting to matches together and sometimes going separate from the folk in your friendship group?

It doesn't affect me so I don't have a horse in this particular race.

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding was that under the old system if you were in a friendship group of 4 then you had 4 times more chance of getting a ticket than a single punter ( 4 names in the hat rather than 1). If your group was 20 then you had 20 times the chance of a single punter. I suppose you could argue that, under the old system, if just 1 of your group of 20 had their name pulled out the hat and you all got tickets for the semi-final then you are all, all 20 of you, 'content' to not be entered into the draw for the final. An extreme example, in terms of the size of the friendship group, but you get the point. If I've understood how the old system worked. Apologies (and ignore) if I've understood it wrongly.

Either way, its gone now.

It doesn't affect me so I don't have a horse in this particular race.

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding was that under the old system if you were in a friendship group of 4 then you had 4 times more chance of getting a ticket than a single punter ( 4 names in the hat rather than 1). If your group was 20 then you had 20 times the chance of a single punter. I suppose you could argue that, under the old system, if just 1 of your group of 20 had their name pulled out the hat and you all got tickets for the semi-final then you are all, all 20 of you, 'content' to not be entered into the draw for the final. An extreme example, in terms of the size of the friendship group, but you get the point. If I've understood how the old system worked. Apologies (and ignore) if I've understood it wrongly.

Either way, its gone now.
To be honest mate I don't know how the old system worked. I believe the maximum number is 5.

Old or new the fairest way should be one application one chance of a ticket. If you're a single applicant you get one shot or if you're a group of 5 your group number goes in the hat once.

Anyone missing out gets first chance next time then back to the bottom. Can't say fairer that.

To be honest mate I don't know how the old system worked. I believe the maximum number is 5.

Old or new the fairest way should be one application one chance of a ticket. If you're a single applicant you get one shot or if you're a group of 5 your group number goes in the hat once.

Anyone missing out gets first chance next time then back to the bottom. Can't say fairer that.

I wouldn't argue with that if it was a group number going into the hat (so just 1 number) but I don't think that's how the old system worked. Far from certain though as I'm only working off hearsay on here.

That said, from a ticket office perspective I guess that the current way is simpler. If there's 20k tickets available then they draw 20k names out the hat and its job done. If 3 out of a group of 5 get tickets then they try and seat them together, which would be the only 'complication'. Under the old system they wouldn't know when to stop drawing names out because they wouldn't know how many of the names drawn out were in friendship groups etc etc.

More to the point, did you're sister get the email in the end?

I wouldn't argue with that if it was a group number going into the hat (so just 1 number) but I don't think that's how the old system worked. Far from certain though as I'm only working off hearsay on here.

That said, from a ticket office perspective I guess that the current way is simpler. If there's 20k tickets available then they draw 20k names out the hat and its job done. If 3 out of a group of 5 get tickets then they try and seat them together, which would be the only 'complication'. Under the old system they wouldn't know when to stop drawing names out because they wouldn't know how many of the names drawn out were in friendship groups etc etc.

More to the point, did you're sister get the email in the end?
Just noticed this reply mate never received an email at all though did get allocated a ticket only finding out by calling ticket office.

I'd like to think they could simply assign a number to each friendship group and it either gets picked out or not the same as individual applications that way everyone is equal and has same chance.

Just noticed this reply mate never received an email at all though did get allocated a ticket only finding out by calling ticket office.

I'd like to think they could simply assign a number to each friendship group and it either gets picked out or not the same as individual applications that way everyone is equal and has same chance.

Good to hear you are both sorted now. Enjoy!

Back