Anyone else too nervous to watch the final ?

Is it weird not to watch the game ?

• Yes it’s weird could never do it

Votes: 397 76.1%
  • Not weird I do it too

Votes: 125 23.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im pretty calm and collected, bizarrely even more so if we're getting beat. It's when we're winning that I lose my shit, find myself kicking every ball. Think it's a subconscious thing because I know that the balls in our court and we should be going on to win it.

I'm the same as you about the being worse when we are winning. As you say it's bizarre!

I'll be watching at Bar None in Benalmadena, couldn't not watch the famous in a final. If we turn up and play how we can with no brain farts at the back we win imo.

You can upgrade at tkt office by 2pm today!
Aren't the turnstiles at Hampden unmanned now with the same system we have at Ibrox?

I gave my Hearts semi final ticket (concession) to my sons mate and unless he's an outrageous liar or didn't bother using it,he didn't have any problems that I heard about,

I'd like to know this definitively if anyone can tell me for certain.

Watched every minute in the dark days when realistically we all knew we had no chance of winning. Tomorrow we have better than a puncher's chance and we couldn't say that at times in the not so distant past. I'll put tomorrow into context regardless of the result and any disappointment.

I usually get extremely nervous right up until kick off and then once I get a feel for the game I'm usually fine. Unless it's incredibly tight as a contest and nearing the full time whistle, in that case, then I'm pacing the house. After sitting through us getting a few batterings in the not so recent past, I don't get the same heightened nervousness as I used to and usually can compartmentalise it. Don't get me wrong I still rage for quite a while afterwards but recent horror showings in league and Cup against them have numbed me a wee bit.

I couldn't not watch it though. It's fine if circumstance dictates that I can't watch it but if I'm sitting in the house then I'd rather watch it. The way I see it, I'd rather be a part of it. Win or lose.

If something is going to give me a heart attack it's playing the bheasts! My blood pressure is bad enough just now but that will tip me over the edge.
I usually start watching but as soon as they go forward I'll turn it over. I'm a fecking mess watching us playing that lot!

I get what you mean I think it's less intense at the game than TV what with commentary etc

Imagine being a bear and playing in it.. what your nerves be like.

That's when you appreciate when people mention the mentality to be a rangers player. Would yer bottle go

The way our team has improved under mr gerrard has been remarkable. Great run's in europe,dominating them at Ibrox last season and unlucky not to get a result at the piggery with 10 men .Yes i will be nervous watching it but we now have a team more than capable of beating these mhanky bastards .They got lucky on Wednesday with that late winner but tommorow is our time to pump these kunts and bring home that cup WATP mon the fucking gers

I am going to the game, so that is easier - if I weren't, I may just watch it on my own with some beer, and if a situation arose where for example we were valiantly defending a one goal lead, then I may be tempted to switch off, listen to some music, tune back in sporadically or just watch out for score updates. The lack of control over matters is painful, and the minutes can pass so slowly when you're leading, so fast if you're chasing a goal. So yes, OP, it is a bit weird, but understandable.

Just don't enjoy watching games v them will still watch it though.
Never used to be as bad.. just so much depends on games v them now :eek:

What's the point supporting your club if you can't enjoy these big occasions. Go in with optimism looking forward to the celebration.

Reactions: M@x
I am going to the game, so that is easier - if I weren't, I may just watch it on my own with some beer, and if a situation arose where for example we were valiantly defending a one goal lead, then I may be tempted to switch off, listen to some music, tune back in sporadically or just watch out for score updates. The lack of control over matters is painful, and the minutes can pass so slowly when you're leading, so fast if you're chasing a goal. So yes, OP, it is a bit weird, but understandable.
You just summed it up for me.......It’s the lack of control........my passion for rangers is so much and it means so much to me that it really is a health hazzard for me these days watching old firm games... but I could never not watch it.........I just bite the bullet and get on with it, but I’m never comfortable unless we’re two up or playing them off the park.

I can watch it no problem ,I just can't abide listening to it.The Guff,Shit and pure bias spouted by Walker,Provan etc etc etc means I switch on at 5 mins to KO on mute and watch the games from there in serenity.The wife thinks I'm mad but it's saved us a fortune in TV's

I'll watch it but I will admit to occasionally turning over when they get a free kick in range or a corner.

I watch every second we play, although the nerves are getting bad for tommorow. My dad however (outside the 10 or so games he's been to in that time) hasn't watched us on tv for 20 + years. He just can't do it. Will watch the highlights with me afterwards but will go to another room if we're on tv.

My auld man.He is round at ours watching most games when we are on the Telly but games against them he prefers to sit and check the scores on his tablet as he can’t handle the nerves
Maybe it’s an age thing lol

I'm going to the game, but if I wasn't I doubt I'd watch it in the house. It fills me with anxiety.

I watch every second we play, although the nerves are getting bad for tommorow. My dad however (outside the 10 or so games he's been to in that time) hasn't watched us on tv for 20 + years. He just can't do it. Will watch the highlights with me afterwards but will go to another room if we're on tv.

I often invite my old man round to watch games as he doesn't have Sky/BT but often he'll knock it back. Listens to it on the wireless instead. Last old firm game we watched together was the Scottish Cup semi final (the one under Murty). Run of the mill league or European games he gets himself so wound up that we end up bickering over it. He's been a bit better since Gerrard took over tbf.

I’ll be watching but I do get where you’re coming from OP. I’ll be absolutely shitting myself all day before it starts with nerves and anytime they cross the half way line I’ll be worried they’re gonna score.

That said, let’s get into them Rangers!

Apart from the Hearts game last Sunday when I was in Rome and the league cup tie earlier in the season at Livingston when I was in Portugal, I’ve seen every minute of every game we’ve played this season, but I’ll admit to feeling so nervous about tomorrow that I’ve considered just not watching.

I’m out for lunch until about half two so I’m thinking a couple of large glasses of wine will settle the nerves and I’ll sit down to watch it after I get back in.

I’ll be watching it but this is the biggest game against that mob since I chucked the bevvy and I’m already missing it to calm my nerves. Hope we get a couple of early goals.

What is it all for then if you don't watch it? For anyone that feels this way, quite frankly it's an insight into your life that's very little to do with football.

How could anyone not relish the challenge in one of the biggest games going for the team you support? An opportunity to watch your players stand up and go toe to toe with the enemy for a shot at glory. Even if you are just watching on tv - at least being there in the moment with players and fans when it happens.

The glory far, far outweighs the bad. Especially given it's something that doesn't pay the bills either way.

My Dad can’t watch, he’s got a heart condition and hasn’t watched a game against them since 2010 as he gets himself into a right state. He texts me non stop during the game wanting updates. It’s a nightmare:p

I can't tell if being physically unable to watch the game is a bit shitbaggey or actually indicates the person is the most staunch supporter ever.

Given some of the cluster fu.ck performance and results against since 2016 semi final and Gerrard arriving nerves are not as bad as is in those day. Though that may have been fear right enough.

I'm in my 50s and have never watched a game against them on TV.
If I am at the game I'm ok, but if not there my nerves get the better of me.

There's nothing like the anticipation, I love it.

Can only compare it to being a wee guy at xmas eve.

The greatest high winning them, more so than euro games which is an incredible feeling on its own.

Bring them on every time, No Fear.

Cannot be missed.

I'm more nervous than usual as I don't have a ticket. There's something about going to the games that settles me down. Watching on TV makes me more anxious for some reason. I couldn't not watch it though.

It's a bit of tradition to meet my brothers and watch the game in the same pub. We have won last two OF games I have watched in there so going back to keep the run going. Watched last one in the house and lost so that's that binned!
If we are all nervous think what the players must feel. Insane levels of adrenaline. Cool heads needed.

I have no choice.
Driving a fucking bus all day.

Quick terminus updates then off again.
Lets hope I’m not in my bed until the small hours of Monday.
It’ll mean I’ve sat up for the highlights.

As the week has gone on it's become clear that we, the players and management are thinking about the sheer joy a cup win would bring while the unmentionables are focussed on how awful it will be to lose to us. That's good.

Losing will be horrid of course but winning will be a historic event that no Rangers fan should miss. Unless you're seriously concerned about your health, I'd urge all bears to watch or listen to it. Sitting in the house on your tod is the most stressful way to watch it so If you can, get yourself to a Rangers pub as being around fellow bears helps with the nerves.

I can never watch the last 5 mins of any big game! Helicopter Sunday, I sat on the stairs in my house with my fingers in my ears for 20 mins, Any game v them.. If we are only one goal to the good then same, Porto, young boys, fiorentina, etc did not watch last few mins. I tend to switch TV off and put music on and stick fingers in my ears! Obviously this doesn't work when at the game so I just shut my eyes and listen to the crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back