Anyone going to a Juniors game tomorrow?

Banned from their own ground , says it all
I left 15 mins to go, and there was a few Kilbirnie boys came in with the gates open, and they'd had a wee sherry or twa. But in general the Ladeside fans gave great support.

What I like about the juniors is there is practically no segregation, a very low profile police presence (if at all), stewards handling the match day experience.

Noisy support from Kilbirnie, looks like they took over the young Pollok boys area of the shed, pwoper naughty! Wee Pollok right back has some energy, up and down that flank all game.

Noisy support from Kilbirnie, looks like they took over the young Pollok boys area of the shed, pwoper naughty! Wee Pollok right back has some energy, up and down that flank all game.
"They've bleedin' taken over our manor . . . and that's bang out of ordah" Agree also about Lok's right back.

Wee Matty has been outstanding all season. I thought he was quiet today not helped first half but the pitch on the flank he was attacking and the ball bobbling.

It annoys me that we're one of the best countries in the world for either paying or making an effort to go to games but it ends up with about 500 teams getting 1,000 fans in.

Started by some peaky blinder wannabe who was about 50 from Petershill. Scumbag support and hope they get smashed next round.
Aye?

Usually the Peasy diehards are decent working class punters most of whom are all bluenoses. Their supporters bus leaves from the Masonic in Springburn does it not?

The Largs Toon Cooncil at Barrfields are normally not shy at coming forward on their day either though eh? Especially ‘when they are only there fir the swally’. ;):p

Aye?

Usually the Peasy diehards are decent working class punters most of whom are all bluenoses. Their supporters bus leaves from the Masonic in Springburn does it not?

The Largs Toon Cooncil at Barrfields are normally not shy at coming forward on their day either though eh? Especially ‘when they are only there fir the swally’. ;):p
Both sets of fans weren’t shy at going for it

Aye, considering one of there committee got involved and had several St Rochs fans with them.... I would say they didn't excatly show themsevles in a great light.

Plenty of bottles came over during it with kids and familys kicking around.

Sure our local idiot's don't help but when you have a 50 year old alongside some 40 plus year olds running around getting involved and starting it.

He told me, he was going to find out who I was and my family and do us all in.... seem a lovely bunch ;)
St Roch’s??? Jeez. Standards are slipping.

You were threatened by a Petershill committee member? That’s poor show.

Anytime I’ve been to Petershill Park for a game as a neutral, I’ve always found the locals to be alright but I’ll defer to your first hand experience mate.

Can’t believe that they would welcome the Royston dhims tagging along for a bit of Saturday afternoon hijinks. But what do I know? I’m not a local.

He was utterly embarrassing offering 20 year olds a scrap.
True.

But I’ve witnessed several instances of team handed youngsters rounding on guys in their late forties and fifties. Seen a crowd of Pollok punters around 19 - 22 target a guy whose son got injured v Maryhill at Newlandsfield a few weeks back. Personally, I thought that the guy exercised some amount of restraint as the self styled top man of the youngsters definitely deserved a slap in the dish for his trashtalk.

To be fair, anytime I've been at Petershill or them at Largs, It's been fine and most of them were nice enough.

All supports have idiots which we all know as Rangers fans but today was overboard. I felt Petershill could have helped calm the situation but they didn't, some of them including the management were even laughing at the aftermath.

Why they had some St Rochs fans tagging along I'll never know. Best part is We have to go to St Rochs next month!
Hope the Jags beat the so called ‘Candy’. :)

True.

But I’ve witnessed several instances of team handed youngsters rounding on guys in their late forties and fifties. Seen a crowd of Pollok punters around 19 - 22 target a guy whose son got injured v Maryhill at Newlandsfield a few weeks back. Personally, I thought that the guy exercised some amount of restraint as the self styled top man of the youngsters definitely deserved a slap in the dish for his trashtalk.
Completely get that but these 20 year olds were only there to watch the game and this old boy (who definitely was there for the trouble) went up and slapped a young boy who didn’t want any part in a fight. Poor show IMO.

Completely get that but these 20 year olds were only there to watch the game and this old boy (who definitely was there for the trouble) went up and slapped a young boy who didn’t want any part in a fight. Poor show IMO.
Fair play mate. I wasn’t arguing the toss per se. Just saying that some youngsters get a bit too fresh at times.

This 50yr old - definitely Petershill or was he St Roch’s? Regardless, sounds like pathetic behaviour.

St Roch’s??? Jeez. Standards are slipping.

You were threatened by a Petershill committee member? That’s poor show.

Anytime I’ve been to Petershill Park for a game as a neutral, I’ve always found the locals to be alright but I’ll defer to your first hand experience mate.

Can’t believe that they would welcome the Royston dhims tagging along for a bit of Saturday afternoon hijinks. But what do I know? I’m not a local.
St Roch's? whit the actual feck?

Fair play mate. I wasn’t arguing the toss per se. Just saying that some youngsters get a bit too fresh at times.

This 50yr old - definitely Petershill or was he St Roch’s? Regardless, sounds like pathetic behaviour.
To be brutally honest mate I don’t know and didn’t know of St Roch being there. Going by social media (talking about the riot after) there was a few bears in their support too - one of which was bottled.

Edit - this is info that is on social media so not being a sweety wife lol.

To be brutally honest mate I don’t know and didn’t know of St Roch being there. Going by social media (talking about the riot after) there was a few bears in their support too - one of which was bottled.
Bottled at a Junior game? Jesus.

Saying that, there was a few hotheads at Newlandsfield today. Bit of minor aggro on the way out. Ladeside ‘ultra’ replete in his Aquascutum (or mibbe Aquascrotum in his case) chipped a bottle at a smartarse hanging out his fourth storey window giving the visitors some jive as they exited.

It was a full plastic bottle of water! :D

Gemme pills - ain’t they wonderful?

Bottled at a Junior game? Jesus.

Saying that, there was a few hotheads at Newlandsfield today. Bit of minor aggro on the way out. Ladeside ‘ultra’ replete in his Aquascutum (or mibbe Aquascrotum in his case) chipped a bottle at a smartarse hanging out his fourth storey window giving the visitors some jive as they exited.

It was a full plastic bottle of water! :D

Gemme pills - ain’t they wonderful?
Unfortunately going by the boys face I’m 100% sure glass :))

Last edited:
If it’s mob v mob, it comes with the territory. If it’s just a punter getting bottled, that’s doubly out of order.
Was definitely mob v mob in this instance mate could see it happening a mile off. Those that wanted involved ended up sore on both ends - not including the young boy that was slapped by the old kid on hard man.

Dyce 0 Yoker 1. Great hospitality at dyce. Brilliant set up and credit to the junior game. On to the semi v peasy

Charmed existence at Hannah Park today mate? Or well deserved passage to the semis?
Proverbial game of two halves. The wind ruined what could have been a decent game of football. Blowing right to left we struggled to get the ball over the halfway line for the first 45.

Hope someone has footage of the Shotts penalty as I still can’t work out why it was given.

Did carry some luck at the equaliser just before halftime as a defender slipped

Second half it was Shotts with the hard part of getting the ball far enough away from their goals. We hit the bar and a post. Then their keeper was sent off for - I think - handling the ball outside the box and denying a goalscoring opportunity. Their sub goal was the guy Barnes who’s played for many a club, including us. Winning goal was ok I suppose.

Ref then decided to test how good my old ticker is as he found 6 minutes of injury time :(

Obviously biased but I do think the better side went through.

Proverbial game of two halves. The wind ruined what could have been a decent game of football. Blowing right to left we struggled to get the ball over the halfway line for the first 45.

Hope someone has footage of the Shotts penalty as I still can’t work out why it was given.

Did carry some luck at the equaliser just before halftime as a defender slipped

Second half it was Shotts with the hard part of getting the ball far enough away from their goals. We hit the bar and a post. Then their keeper was sent off for - I think - handling the ball outside the box and denying a goalscoring opportunity. Their sub goal was the guy Barnes who’s played for many a club, including us. Winning goal was ok I suppose.

Ref then decided to test how good my old ticker is as he found 6 minutes of injury time :(

Obviously biased but I do think the better side went through.
Next up, yer auld pals ‘The Drabs’. Will they fancy their chances of causing an upset given that you suffered a reverse against them a while back?

Next up, yer auld pals ‘The Drabs’. Will they fancy their chances of causing an upset given that you suffered a reverse against them a while back?
They’re in the semis so they really should feel as if they deserve to be there and can win

Was on holiday when we played that cup game. From what I heard it was in horrendous conditions with Guys Meadow barely playable. However, same for both sides. They won and progressed to the next round.

Rumours are that the semis will be played on Friday 15th April. If so there aren’t many places who could host it. Maybe medda park?

They are/were Shettleston Juniors. Ridiculous name change.
I agree, when I was younger Glasgow United were a youth amateur team, alongside other "crack" teams like Possil YM, Eastercraigs, Harmony Row, Drumchapel Amateurs.

Went to cambuslang rangers against Glasgow united yesterday. 3 goals in the first 20 minutes or so had it done as a contest and the rest of the game was pretty ordinary.

What surprised me was the fact that Glasgow United, having formerly been shettleston, were so passive. I played junior for a few years and one thing about playing shettleston was that it was always a battle and they were a bit of a gang at times. Not sure if Shug Kelly is still managing the team but they certainly didn’t look like one of his teams. Barely a tackle in the game

They’re in the semis so they really should feel as if they deserve to be there and can win

Was on holiday when we played that cup game. From what I heard it was in horrendous conditions with Guys Meadow barely playable. However, same for both sides. They won and progressed to the next round.

Rumours are that the semis will be played on Friday 15th April. If so there aren’t many places who could host it. Maybe medda park?
What about darvel

No junior game for me but I was "at" an Amateur game at Hamilton on Friday night, the Amateur League Cup final between Harestanes (Kirkintiloch) against Lesmahgow. Finished 1-1 after 90 minutes, 2-2 after extra time and Harestanes won on penalties 6-5 or 5-4 can't remember. I say "at" because I was doing security for 445 fans at the game

Any decent Junior or Amateur sides near Dennistoun? Local side used to be Cambuslang Rangers, but no idea who it is now.

No junior game for me but I was "at" an Amateur game at Hamilton on Friday night, the Amateur League Cup final between Harestanes (Kirkintiloch) against Lesmahgow. Finished 1-1 after 90 minutes, 2-2 after extra time and Harestanes won on penalties 6-5 or 5-4 can't remember. I say "at" because I was doing security for 445 fans at the game
I was also at that game .
Lesmahagow had a cracking support with them .
Best team won .

Back