anyone going to florida this week?

so cal bear

change your plans!

al112017.png

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/05/us/hurricane-irma-puerto-rico-florida/index.html

Used to visit Florida this time of year, always thought it was the best time. Hurricane warning all the time but as soon as it got itself closer to the Florida coast it would start to die off and when it got to Orlando it was usually just a normal tropical storm. Looking at that map it looks like it's going to be a very hectic September

Looks like its going to be a bad one.

Incidentally OP, how are you getting on? Flood waters subsided?

i've been back in san diego for year now. our house in texas was fine. i just know a ton of people who are fooked. water is going down but its still a massive mess over there. some estimates at 150k homes flooded

last thing the usa needs is another hurricane but thats what we're getting. this one looks more like a wind event vs rain from harvey.

i've been back in san diego for year now. our house in texas was fine. i just know a ton of people who are fooked. water is going down but its still a massive mess over there. some estimates at 150k homes flooded

last thing the usa needs is another hurricane but thats what we're getting. this one looks more like a wind event vs rain from harvey.
Glad you are ok bud. Shame though for 150k houses. thats gonna be an expensive clean up!

It's hurricane season so expected.

PS great cheap deals to that area this time of year every year

Tampa and Fort Myers for next 3 days Other coast and should get out ahead of the worst of it Will bail out earlier if it changes direction

Go on 18th, so hopefully be back to normal! Was there 12 years ago during Hurricane Jeanne,just about same week?

My sister is going.Is it not usually cheaper in September because of the threat of severe weather?
It's cheaper in september because all the colleges and schools are back in so the hotels and theme parks are empty.

Disney and universal are an absolute joy in september.

We live in the panhandle of Florida and I'm starting to panic a wee bit. If I didn't own a house then I wouldn't be as worried but my house will not take a CAT 5 hurricane hit. :(

most of the weather models say Florida but it could still be South Carolina or end up in the Gulf although Gulf would need a real change in the system

Daughters in Key West at the moment. Bit overcast but otherwise ok 30mins ago

We are in Orlando until Monday and it's likely we will get hit. Almost certain Key West is going to get it bad. I'd be advising her to get out of there - or at the very least speak to her tour operator if it's a package holiday.

yep, that was the 2pm update. read that direct hit on puerto rico and dominican/haiti with the mountians may help weaken it but its still going to be a cat4 at minimum.

Saw that,got Orlando Sentinel on IPad, hopefully diminishes a bit, boy from work going Sunday and 2 couples I know there just now! they've now just started evacuating the Keys. And storm Jose is building behind Irma??????

Daughters in Key West at the moment. Bit overcast but otherwise ok 30mins ago

She,ll not be in morning,getting all tourists out of the Keys Wednesday morning! Advising all to get petrol tanks filled and get the flock out of there! Tell her to get up into central Florida should be a wee bit milder

She,ll not be in morning,getting all tourists out of the Keys Wednesday morning! Advising all to get petrol tanks filled and get the flock out of there! Tell her to get up into central Florida should be a wee bit milder
Be quick as well, last big one I was in was Katrina and had to,drive all the way to Tallahassee to get a hotel. Drove down after Wilma and it was pretty bad

Back