Anyone going to Holland ?

They're not going to a match though are they? They are going to either stand outside the ground or watch it in a pub and call it a sash bash. It's genuinely sad and they'll be the ones bragging, as you see from the thread. Look at the OP's post history, he has spent at least the last week exclusively talking about this and Gibraltar, pure attention seeking. Leaving the country at this time so you can brag to your pals that you travelled over is completely idiotic. Add that to the fact that they need to quarantine for two weeks on return. That's two weeks of someone else needing to run about for them, two weeks of no work unless they work from home, and to be honest I think if his mindset right now is this is a good idea, I doubt he will live up to that two weeks of isolation. In fact, look at his post history, he was in Marbella in August and only isolated for 7 days before going on holiday again, complete idiocy and shows he has no intention of following the rules.

This isn't about Rangers, this is about someone thinking they can do what they want and fûck everybody else. The selfishness shown here is a clear example of why we will never be able to eradicate this virus through quarantines. There is just far too much of the population that think the world revolves around them and banter with their mates comes before public health.
I'm sure these guys will return and wipe out the population. The op can do as he wishes unless he's breaking the law and I see no sign of that.

My mate came back from Turkey on Wednesday, are you going to give him a row or give him a sturgeon type row

Live and let live

I'm sure these guys will return and wipe out the population. The op can do as he wishes unless he's breaking the law and I see no sign of that.

My mate came back from Turkey on Wednesday, are you going to give him a row or give him a sturgeon type row

Live and let live

There is no quarantine from Turkey. There is from The Netherlands.

What’s the point?

It’s not about supporting the team, because you’re not in the ground.

It’s not even for a love of football, because you might not even get to see the game on TV.

Want a piss up with your mates? You can do that here.

I really don’t understand what these folk get out of these trips, other than being able to brag about being there.

Amid a pandemic, it’s also very selfish and reckless.

People are clearly missing the camaraderie of these trips, they are a big part of some people’s lives and maybe for some the only time they get to spend like this with their mates - especially after lockdown etc. I try to go to as many away games in Europe as I can and I’m missing them desperately. The actual match is only a small part of these trips.

To say it’s just to brag about it is utter nonsense, it’s clearly something you know nothing about if you think that’s why people are going.

I would add though that if anyone going is not going to isolate when they get back as they should then they are defeating their own argument, that’s out of order.

People are clearly missing the camaraderie of these trips, they are a big part of some people’s lives and maybe for some the only time they get to spend like this with their mates - especially after lockdown etc. I try to go to as many away games in Europe as I can and I’m missing them desperately. The actual match is only a small part of these trips.

To say it’s just to brag about it is utter nonsense, it’s clearly something you know nothing about if you think that’s why people are going.

I would add though that if anyone going is not going to isolate when they get back as they should then they are defeating their own argument, that’s out of order.
First paragraph is better put than I ever could

I dont get to them anymore, but after the first time I went, which was to denmark in 92, I caught the bug.

Absolutely love them and met many good bears from all over. I would imagine it's even better now as you get more of a free reign with our cultural live concerts that we put on for the locals, free of charge.

World's smallest violin. There are folk who haven't seen their family all year because they can't travel home. In a pandemic, everyone has to make sacrifices.

Going on a holiday and being mindful of the rules is one thing, but a lary piss up - with talk of circumventing lockdown laws by travelling into other EU countries - is another entirely.

Each to their own travelling during a Pandemic but anyone travelling don't greet when there is another lockdown and you're banned from going to games anytime soon.

One of biggest causes of the virus was the UK allowing travelling in and out of here since March.

When we should of closed our borders in and out.

I get the urge to go as someone who went from 1995 to 2012 missing 3 games abroad in all those years. They've clearly no responsibility ie a family, kids and so on.

Think its utterly pointless going anywhere right now.

Each to their own travelling during a Pandemic but anyone travelling don't greet when there is another lockdown and you're banned from going to games anytime soon.

One of biggest causes of the virus was the UK allowing travelling in and out of here since March.

When we should of closed our borders in and out.

I get the urge to go as someone who went from 1995 to 2012 missing 3 games abroad in all those years. They've clearly no responsibility ie a family, kids and so on.

Think its utterly pointless going anywhere right now.

If the govt were serious they would close borders.

They aren't

World's smallest violin. There are folk who haven't seen their family all year because they can't travel home. In a pandemic, everyone has to make sacrifices.

Going on a holiday and being mindful of the rules is one thing, but a lary piss up - with talk of circumventing lockdown laws by travelling into other EU countries - is another entirely.

Did you miss my last paragraph where I said anyone who is thinking of not following the rules when they get back are out of order?

My reply was to the utter drivel posted about people only travelling so they can brag about it. Just pointing out there’s many reasons as to why people would go over to Holland next week. As I said these trips are a huge part of some people’s lives. Some people can’t understand that though clearly.

Did you miss my last paragraph where I said anyone who is thinking of not following the rules when they get back are out of order?

My reply was to the utter drivel posted about people only travelling so they can brag about it. Just pointing out there’s many reasons as to why people would go over to Holland next week. As I said these trips are a huge part of some people’s lives. Some people can’t understand that though clearly.

Super staunch points

And did you miss my first paragraph where I explained why this is complete bollocks? Don't bother replying.

Clearly they dont care about family or have any responsibilities going to somewhere they wont even see the event the whole point of the trip.

In the middle of this clusterfck too.

Utter insanity and brainless.

It's ridiculous mate, I know of someone who has lost their job, couldn't pay his rent obviously so lost his home and also his Mum and Dad have both died all due to this virus, yet people are just fucking about as if nothing is happening.

If fans were allowed in tommorow
It would be over subscribed

I’d expect to read that in a Graham Spiers blog ya wet wipe
Fortunately I don't read Graham Spiers blogs. I don't agree with fans travelling across Europe during a pandemic when they won't get in the ground and when they've told not to travel unless absolutely necessary. It's absolutely pointless and I say that as somebody who been abroad 3 or 4 times with Rangers.

Fortunately I don't read Graham Spiers blogs. I don't agree with fans travelling across Europe during a pandemic when they won't get in the ground and when they've told not to travel unless absolutely necessary. It's absolutely pointless and I say that as somebody who been abroad 3 or 4 times with Rangers.
Fortunately everyone doesn’t iron there pants before bed time like yourself, mr squeaky clean.

I've seen my mum and dad twice since March.

I was supposed to go to visit them today, bit of lunch, few beers, stay over and home in time tomorrow for the game.

But they stay in Motherwell and its not allowed.

Yet we have some folk greetin that they've missed a few foreign piss ups and sing songs?

Take a look at the bigger picture. There are more important things in life than travelling half way across Europe chasing the team bus. It's actually quite pathetic.

And before you ask or accuse, I have been to quite a few Euro trips and thoroughly enjoyed them. But just now? Completely pointless and actually very selfish, especially when you read the sniggering comments about isolating or going via other countries.

I've seen my mum and dad twice since March.

I was supposed to go to visit them today, bit of lunch, few beers, stay over and home in time tomorrow for the game.

But they stay in Motherwell and its not allowed.

Yet we have some folk greetin that they've missed a few foreign piss ups and sing songs?

Take a look at the bigger picture. There are more important things in life than travelling half way across Europe chasing the team bus. It's actually quite pathetic.

And before you ask or accuse, I have been to quite a few Euro trips and thoroughly enjoyed them. But just now? Completely pointless and actually very selfish, especially when you read the sniggering comments about isolating or going via other countries.

Maybe people don’t want to put their life on hold for an illness where more than 99% survive it.

So by that logic, the unfortunate 1% are collateral damage for a sash bash in Amsterdam?

I'm feeling quite uneasy saying this about other Rangers supporters, but anyone chasing the team bus across Europe are brain dead selfish bastards.

Well if you want to put it into perspective, more people have committed suicide the past two months than have died from Covid in U.K.

Wear a mask, wash yer hands, protect the vulnerable and get on with life.

Why does every thread about European trips contain posts about boxing with opposition fans ?

Do grown men on here actually still go looking for a scrap ?

I meet up with other bears based in various Euro countries that go to most games where we enjoy sampling the local beer and food, mixing with the locals.

Why does every thread about European trips contain posts about boxing with opposition fans ?

I meet up with other bears based in various Euro countries that go to most games where we enjoy sampling the local beer and food, mixing with the locals.
Normally don't we all but this isn't normally. I've heard of the odd person getting attacked on some trips but in general we all stick together and it's safety in numbers

We ended up in a pub in Vienna near the stadium with loads of Rapid fans and to a man they were brand new.

Buying us beers and giving us those mini bottles of Jager.

Just a shame they play in green and white.

its usually people that don’t go that bring it up

Well if you want to put it into perspective, more people have committed suicide the past two months than have died from Covid in U.K.

Wear a mask, wash yer hands, protect the vulnerable and get on with life.
Well the longer people ignore the rules the longer people will be isolated and sadly at risk from MH issues and with that the suicide rate will continue to rise.

These threads are always a right laugh. Same shit with Feyenoord about 'getting battered'and there wasnt even a hint of trouble the whole trip.

Have a good time anyone that's going over next week.

[/QUOTE]

Live and let live

Well like I said, if he came back from a quarantine country and went on holiday 7 days later as he said, that’s breaking the law. Plain and simple. Turkey isn’t on the quarantine list, so I’d don’t know how that’s relevant, your pal can do as he wants coming back from there at this point.

I await people being called selfish c**ts when theres an uproar because people will want to spend xmas and new year with family and friends.

Back