Anyone going to Holland ?

They're not going to a match though are they? They are going to either stand outside the ground or watch it in a pub. It's genuinely sad and they'll be the ones bragging, as you see from the thread. Leaving the country at this time so you can brag to your pals that you travelled over is completely idiotic. Add that to the fact that they need to quarantine for two weeks on return. That's two weeks of someone else needing to run about for them, two weeks of no work unless they work from home, and to be honest I think if his mindset right now is this is a good idea, I doubt he will live up to that two weeks of isolation.

The selfishness shown here is a clear example of why we will never be able to eradicate this virus through quarantines. There is just far too much of the population that think the world revolves around them and banter with their mates comes before public health. I had a trip to Paris in December which I cancelled, not because i think it will be hit, but because there's really no need for something like that just now and increasing the risk of

Well like I said, if he came back from a quarantine country and went on holiday 7 days later as he said, that’s breaking the law. Plain and simple. Turkey isn’t on the quarantine list, so I’d don’t know how that’s relevant, your pal can do as he wants coming back from there at this point.
Is it breaking the law? What's the offence committed and level of punishment?

its usually people that don’t go that bring it up

Aye ok.

The same selfish c*nts doing this will be the ones who went to Tannadice for the Boycott game.

As I said. Anyone going to another country for nothing in the middle of a Pandemic worldwide needs to re-evaluate their own lives and clearly have ZERO responsibilities.

Dont come crying when they cant get to a game here all season either.

This has fck all to do with whether people go to the games or not. Some of us care about our families more.

One thing this pandemic has highlighted is the sense of entitlement in parts of our society. I'm alright Jack is still pertinent. And to be clear you need to be a selfish fud to trot across Europe for a beer and a singsong and worse still not isolate. You're a complete effing idiot. Let's pray you don't cause someone to be seriously ill or even die. But you just don't give a feck as it's all about you.

Is it breaking the law? What's the offence committed and level of punishment?

The Health Protection (Coronavirus) and Regulations(2020) was brought in on 6th February, through emergency legislation. This gives the government power to enforce a 14 day quarantine from travellers. This is separate from the Coronavirus Act (2020), which deals with most aspects of lockdown. In Scotland, the first fine is £480, the rest of the UK it’s £1000, with both rising to £5000 for repeat offences. I wouldn’t be surprised if the OP is eligible for the £5k.

FF always has our fans being leathered home & away in Europe.

Its a bizarre phenomenon on here tbh. Ive been all over the place and never once had a bit of bother. Yet on here youd assume there was squads of violent thugs waiting to beat the shit out of you as soon as you step off the plane abroad. I actually laugh at some of the folk that appear terrified of their own shadows

One thing this pandemic has highlighted is the sense of entitlement in parts of our society. I'm alright Jack is still pertinent. And to be clear you need to be a selfish fud to trot across Europe for a beer and a singsong and worse still not isolate. You're a complete effing idiot. Let's pray you don't cause someone to be seriously ill or even die. But you just don't give a feck as it's all about you.

The whole thing has been a shambles from the start. The UK should of shut its borders In & Out as soon as the disease hit Italy in February.

Then we wouldn't be having this conversation or having idiots travelling.

Aye ok.

The same selfish c*nts doing this will be the ones who went to Tannadice for the Boycott game.

As I said. Anyone going to another country for nothing in the middle of a Pandemic worldwide needs to re-evaluate their own lives and clearly have ZERO responsibilities.

Dont come crying when they cant get to a game here all season either.

This has fck all to do with whether people go to the games or not. Some of us care about our families more.

If they follow all the rules whats the problem? You going to tell folk you've never met, how to live their lives?

If they follow all the rules whats the problem? You going to tell folk you've never met, how to live their lives?

They can knock themselves out but I'd suggest they need to consider their life options and re-evaluate it.

Clearly a game of football they won't even see live is more important than their family or job or health or anyone else's health.

That's pathetic and sad tbh. And I say that as someone who's followed Rangers in Europe since 1995 missing 10 games abroad at most since then.

They can knock themselves out but I'd suggest they need to consider their life options and re-evaluate it.

Clearly a game of football they won't even see live is more important than their family or job or health or anyone else's health.

That's pathetic and sad tbh. And I say that as someone who's followed Rangers in Europe since 1995 missing 10 games abroad at most since then.

I personally wouldn't go either, but thats not really the point. Fact is ive worked ever single day during lockdown as a key worker. I was unshielded with zero ppe. I was unable to see my family during all of that, yet I'm not supposed to have any leisure time. Its a complete invasion of civil liberty at this point in time, if someone wants to blow off a bit of steam and hes weighed the risks up, he can crack on as far as im concerned. Im not going to tell anyone what to do

Bristol linked up with Willem and there was a bit of bother over there.I don't think they will be putting out the bunting for bears.

I personally wouldn't go either, but thats not really the point. Fact is ive worked ever single day during lockdown as a key worker. I was unshielded with zero ppe. I was unable to see my family during all of that, yet I'm not supposed to have any leisure time. Its a complete invasion of civil liberty at this point in time, if someone wants to blow off a bit of steam and hes weighed the risks up, he can crack on as far as im concerned. Im not going to tell anyone what to do

I've worked right through this too with zero PPE either.

They must all either be self employed, drug dealers or on DLA or something cause how can they justify time abroad when the whole planet is in lockdown.

I'd love to be going to Euro Trips right now or on holiday but I'm not selfish. I have a Child, a family and a job who would sack me knowing I'd went to another country on a list and not self isolate.

You cant honestly tell me they will be Self isolating on return? My arse they will.

I've worked right through this too with zero PPE either.

They must all either be self employed, drug dealers or on DLA or something cause how can they justify time abroad when the whole planet is in lockdown.

I'd love to be going to Euro Trips right now or on holiday but I'm not selfish. I have a Child, a family and a job who would sack me knowing I'd went to another country on a list and not self isolate.

You cant honestly tell me they will be Self isolating on return? My arse they will.

Tbh mate the lads travelling have been going away for years. It's really up to them and tbh that commitment is something else. I know we're in this pandemic and for most of us going away is just not on. I'm not going to judge anyone it's up to individuals and how they manage it.

Tbh mate the lads travelling have been going away for years. It's really up to them and tbh that commitment is something else. I know we're in this pandemic and for most of us going away is just not on. I'm not going to judge anyone it's up to individuals and how they manage it.

As I said mate so have I. Since Turin in 1995 as a fresh faced 16 year old.

Whole thing is insanity travelling anywhere.

We fcked up back in February when we should of closed our borders in and out.

Nothing to do with commitment. They won't get to see the game or support the team!

It's an excuse for a piss up and sash bash on foreign soil under the guise of supporting Rangers.

I'd seriously question anyone's moral compass if they head off for a piss up during all of this, the fact that they wear a blue bar scarf doesn't change that.

Is that honestly the best folk can do?

It's not even following Rangers. It's the illusion of following Rangers so they can get pished abroad.

Yep mate, all the selfish people who kept working, who have took abuse off people for doing their job whilst keeping us all fed.

Nobody gave a damn about these people when this all kicked off. Minimum wage and treaded like garbage.

Wonder how many dishing our the moral high ground to everyone else indulged in that shameful episode. Not that they would admit it. They're the only ones I've witnessed who have had the I'm alright jack attitude in all of this.

Nothing to do with commitment. They won't get to see the game or support the team!

It's an excuse for a piss up and sash bash on foreign soil under the guise of supporting Rangers.

I'd seriously question anyone's moral compass if they head off for a piss up during all of this, the fact that they wear a blue bar scarf doesn't change that.

Do I agree with it? Probably not, but I wont have a go at the lads travelling. That's just what they do.

Is that honestly the best folk can do?

It's not even following Rangers. It's the illusion of following Rangers so they can get pished abroad.
Ah, but wait til the next scramble for cup final tickets and they'll trot out the "I was in Gibraltar and Holland" pish to boost their loyalty credentials.

Do I agree with it? Probably not, but I wont have a go at the lads travelling. That's just what they do.
Autograph or selfie hunting? Cos there's no game for them to go to.

Their loyalty in these times is on a par with folk heading to Ibiza for a few days on the lash - bugger all to do with supporting the team or a love for Rangers.

So by that logic, the unfortunate 1% are collateral damage for a sash bash in Amsterdam?

I'm feeling quite uneasy saying this about other Rangers supporters, but anyone chasing the team bus across Europe are brain dead selfish bastards.
Crikey. Nae need for that, Potentially one the the worst I’ve seen on here.

Folk can go if they want to, as long as they follow the quarantine rules.

Their loyalty in these times is on a par with folk heading to Ibiza for a few days on the lash - bugger all to do with supporting the team or a love for Rangers.

I've just stated above my opinion. I won't have a go at them for going abroad.

Grown men make their own decisions.

Do you get points on a mentally challengeds forum for dishing out abuse to Rangers fans. You'll be well up the leader board.
Aye, very good. First a yesser, now a mentally challenged.

I don't want to have a go at Rangers fans, but following the bus across Europe is irresponsible, selfish and bugger all to do with being a Rangers supporter.

I've said enough on this subject and will leave you to all make your arrangements for meeting up to watch the game on a Dutch tele.

Enjoy. I hope its worth it.

Aye, very good. First a yesser, now a mentally challenged.

I don't want to have a go at Rangers fans, but following the bus across Europe is irresponsible, selfish and bugger all to do with being a Rangers supporter.
You need to take a breather, you seem to be getting angrier by the post.

All I'm saying is theres no need for the abuse your throwing around. You cant do anything about it and as far as I'm aware it's not breaking the law, not any laws that I'm aware of.

Last edited:
I'm not convinced everyone will. Look at Bolton where one guy on a pub crawl who didn't self isolate , causing a spike. It seems very irresponsible to me.

A wee drive around certain areas would tell folk exactly where this spike.has come from , Councillors too coward to come out with the truth.
Tory MP alluded to it a couple of weeks ago - without nailing what he was inferring re wee towns on the outskirts.

Crikey. Nae need for that, Potentially one the the worst I’ve seen on here.

Folk can go if they want to, as long as they follow the quarantine rules.

Do you honestly think they'll be following Quarantine laws??

Anyway who was in Gibraltar then who's home should be tucked up for 14 days. I'm sure there work will be happy them too.

None of them should be in Holland either. Likewise the ones in Holland I'm sure they will be telling their bosses I need to self isolate because I went to Holland to watch a game in a Dutch Bar.

Utter insanity and zero common sense.

Do you honestly think they'll be following Quarantine laws??

Anyway who was in Gibraltar then who's home should be tucked up for 14 days. I'm sure there work will be happy them too.

None of them should be in Holland either. Likewise the ones in Holland I'm sure they will be telling their bosses I need to self isolate because I went to Holland to watch a game in a Dutch Bar.

Utter insanity and zero common sense.

As someone mentioned earlier, from the moment any bears land in Holland they won’t be following quarantine rules as anyone arriving in the Netherlands from the UK has to quarantine for 10 days.

Guys getting absolute pelters for going on holiday, ridiculous.

Good few went to Gibraltar last week with zero issues, if people have the time off work to stay off for two weeks on return to the UK then fair enough.

Guys getting absolute pelters for going on holiday, ridiculous.

Good few went to Gibraltar last week with zero issues, if people have the time off work to stay off for two weeks on return to the UK then fair enough.

Going on Holiday?? Dont be ridiculous.

Flying in the height of a worldwide Pandemic where they need to Quarantine for a fortnight when home? Now that's ridiculous behaviour.

Best laugh is they wont get to a game any quicker than all of us back here.

Clearly we have families and responsibilities to care about.

Irresponsible behaviour.

Just back from Gibraltar, we tried to get in but got moved. Decent sash bash though. No chance we will get in but the players and manager like it that we are there.
I take it that's the airport in the background mate. Just watching the game at the moment.

You get get to the game without going through customs its that close.

I go to our away games, domestic and a few euros per year and have done since I turned 16.

However, one thing I’ve never got is why folk go abroad to places when we can’t have any fans in the stadium.

I love a piss up and I get that aspect of it. But some of the bears in Gibraltar, going by a good few of the posts I seen on Twitter from some who were there, it seemed more like a “look at me, I’m pure staunch”.

Watching the game in a balcony? Seems utterly bizarre to me.

And I say the same for those that travelled to Milan for our behind closed doors game with Inter and even to Malmö too.

People are clearly missing the camaraderie of these trips, they are a big part of some people’s lives and maybe for some the only time they get to spend like this with their mates - especially after lockdown etc. I try to go to as many away games in Europe as I can and I’m missing them desperately. The actual match is only a small part of these trips.

To say it’s just to brag about it is utter nonsense, it’s clearly something you know nothing about if you think that’s why people are going.

I would add though that if anyone going is not going to isolate when they get back as they should then they are defeating their own argument, that’s out of order.
If it's that's the biggest part of peoples life that they can't miss out and be sensible in a global pandemic then they really need go and reevaluate there lifes.

Watched rangers many times in Europe and loved it met many good bears along the way but I wouldn't even contemplate going just then.

The people that will most likely be going on this trip that dont self isolate will be the same people raging when we're in a second lockdown and the pubs are shut and there standing outside Asda in the pissing rain in the middle of November

Last edited:
If it's that a biggest part of peoples life that they can't miss out and be sensible in a global pandemic then they really need go and reevaluate there lifes.

Watched Rangers many times in Europe and loved it met many good bears along the way but I wouldn't even contemplate going just then.

The people that will most likely be going on this trip that dont self isolate will be the same people raging when we're in a second lockdown and the pubs are shut and there standing outside Asda in the pissing rain in the middle of November

Or complaining they dont get back to Ibrox this season.

Fair play for those deciding to go. Not doing anything that contravenes the crudely imposed restrictions. Don’t quite understand the why the self righteous are so upset about it.

Fair play for those deciding to go. Not doing anything that contravenes the crudely imposed restrictions. Don’t quite understand the why the self righteous are so upset about it.
You can’t ignore the laws of the land just because you don’t like them.

I'm sure they'll all be in Quarantine for 10 days when they come home and explain to their employers why eh?

Aye self righteous right enough ffs.

Best laugh is they wont get to a game any quicker than you, me or any other Bear back here.

You are required to declare any other countries you’ve been visiting in the preceding 14 days, so unless you lie that doesn't work either.

To the ones employed. Try explaining that to your employer that you travelled to a country on the banned list to watch a game in a Dutch Bar on tv and that you have to Quarantine for 10 days when home.

Like to see you having a job after that. If the company is worth any salt anyway.

Your tarring all with the same brush, some are tea total, one I know bought a ST for Dumbarton so he watch Rangers and Rangers Under 20’s. He’s been at an under 20’s in England in the morning and back at Ibrox for 3pm kick off.
He‘s been all over the world with Rangers it’s his life and he’s retired.
On saying that I am unaware if he’s going, but I would not be surprise.

Back