Anyone got a spare £3.5K

Saltcoatsblu

Seen this on ebay, jeez i wish i had the cash for it

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/stunning...215466?hash=item3f9108d7aa:g:u7IAAOSwJc9aU06J

This 9ct gold and enamel medal offers you the chance to own a unique piece of Rangers history. It was awarded to midfielder Andrew Sharp after Rangers won the 1898-99 Scottish league with a 100 percent record, winning all 18 league games. This is the only occasion such a fete has been achieved. It comes in its original fitted presentation case and is one of the rarest pieces of Rangers history available. Items like this do not get offered very often. There is a buy it now price it you want to avoid the auction process. The medal is also advertised elsewhere so I reserve the right to end the auction. I will post only to the UK with adequate insurance costs that will need a signature. Collection in person is available as is personal delivery if close enough for expenses cost from east Scotland. Happy bidding and good luck. Any questions please don't hesitate.

2q1gi1x.jpg

Can any of the follow follow detectives confirm if this is genuine, it would be great to own this.

If the club do not buy this, something is far wrong. Hopefully they know about it and contact the seller. If it is genuine, it deserves a place in the trophy room.

If the club do not buy this, something is far wrong. Hopefully they know about it and contact the seller. If it is genuine, it deserves a place in the trophy room.
Don't think the club give a shit about things like this, i mind when our first championship medal went on sale, the seller was the granddaughter of the player, she offered the club first refusal, but they didn't even bother to reply to her, hence the reason it went on ebay

If it were a pre 1900 medal alone it would be good but to be from that season is fantastic.

I really hope items like these are bought by bears who would loan them to the club when we get our museum.
(Whenever that might be. sigh.)

This should be at the very least be loaned to the club to display in the trophy room. Anybody know if there any moves afoot for a sympathetic buyer to take ownership. Would be really interested to find out if anybody knows

Reactions: 413
FF has raised more than this on occasion. If someone spoke to the seller and told them it would be loaned to the club and asked them to hold it for a short while, set up a fundraising page, I am sure it could be bought and loaned with the proviso it was given a wee space in the trophy room. It would take up a few square inches.

This item is a very rare piece of Rangers history and quite sad that it's appeared for auction on ebay. This item should be bought by the club and displayed in the Trophy Room.

The Club should be after this piece of our history. Even Club 1872. Otherwise it might be lost for sometime.

This should be at the very least be loaned to the club to display in the trophy room. Anybody know if there any moves afoot for a sympathetic buyer to take ownership. Would be really interested to find out if anybody knows
If I bought this, the last place I would loan it to is back to Rangers, especially if the club couldn't be bothered to buy it.

I understand what your saying but sometimes it just may be a case that the correct person was not aware of the availability. I would never have know about it were it not for being on here and I don't do any other social media. Reading the posts above it seems that it has caught the interest of those that have our clubs best interests at heart. I just think it should be on display for all supporters to appreciate.

I understand what your saying but sometimes it just may be a case that the correct person was not aware of the availability. I would never have know about it were it not for being on here and I don't do any other social media. Reading the posts above it seems that it has caught the interest of those that have our clubs best interests at heart. I just think it should be on display for all supporters to appreciate.
You could be right. I'm sure Rangers are now aware and that someone from the club will contact the seller tomorrow and buy this piece of our history.

If I was fortunate enough to win this item then it would never be sold in my lifetime and would be passed on to my son. I would have no problem loaning it to our club to display in the Trophy room and hopefully later in the clubs museum. Wish me luck.

Good Luck!

If I was fortunate enough to win this item then it would never be sold in my lifetime and would be passed on to my son. I would have no problem loaning it to our club to display in the Trophy room and hopefully later in the clubs museum. Wish me luck.
Yes indeed. Good luck. This has to go into the correct hands.

Buy it, give it to the club in exchange for 2 seats in the directors box at 2 games of your choosing... Very much worth it.

Are you the current bidder or are you planning to?

Think the seller may sell now for an agreed price. Ill post when I know.

Well I do wish you luck and I cannot wait to see it up close and personal in a club museum.

It’s people like yourself who make me deeply proud of our club and all the people who love it.

Reactions: TQ3
I now own the item, really nice guy who was selling, he contacted the club a couple of weeks ago to give them first offer but not interested. Ill post some better pics after I pick it up tomorrow.:D:D:D
Well done.

I now own the item, really nice guy who was selling, he contacted the club a couple of weeks ago to give them first offer but not interested. Ill post some better pics after I pick it up tomorrow.:D:D:D
Brilliant it went to a bear and not to some collector with no connection to the club

Bit of a problem with the club not buying and us not having a museum. If we had a museum we'd be able to hire curators who's job it would be to source items like this and bring it into our collection. Without a museum, likely there'd be nobody within the club putting the case forward for things like this.

Back