Anyone got an update on Jordan Jones?

DougieJones

Usual time out for a minor injury is 6-8 weeks, we’ve now exceeded that and still no sign of even light training. The fact he’s not even quoted for his country this fortnight suggests he’s nowhere near playing. Can anyone reassure me he’ll be back and upon speed for (at least) the piggery game on 29/12? Think it’s made for his speed on the break a la Mitjityland.

The last update was he will be available around the end of the month but it has gone a bit quiet

It would be good if our amazingly incompetent media actually asked “ when is Jordan jones available for selection “ at the next presser instead of the usual utter codswallop they ask .

I won’t hold my breath .

Very well played for the use of 'codswallop'

I would like your comment twice if I could.

Moment of madness from him really has bit big time, missed some really great games.

I think JJ will have the occasional part to play but even when fully fit I don't think he will be a regular starter. Hope he proves me wrong though.

Usual time out for a minor injury is 6-8 weeks, we’ve now exceeded that and still no sign of even light training. The fact he’s not even quoted for his country this fortnight suggests he’s nowhere near playing. Can anyone reassure me he’ll be back and upon speed for (at least) the piggery game on 29/12? Think it’s made for his speed on the break a la Mitjityland.

Are you Warburton on steroids? :-/

“Usual time out for a minor injury is 6-8 weeks” might be the vaguest thing I’ve ever read.
Muscle pulls, strains, similar to what Ryan Kent had - couple months is normal, no? Problem is I’ve no idea what Jones injury actually is.

Jones will play right wing and Kent left. I think going by the livi game gerrard would like to see the left wing, right wing and cam all be free to interchange during games and be hard to Mark and pick up

Funnily enough I spoke to JJ in LeMonde on George St, Edinburgh yesterday afternoon. He was there with what looked like his missus and possibly his mother.

Asked him how his fitness was and he said that’s him now back in full training after 11 weeks

With a player as fast as him and the type of injury. I would imagine the medical staff are taking it slow and steady. No need to rush him back.

Not first time a player of his style comes back early with an injury like that and ends up with nigglely injuries off back of it.

Very true. Wasn’t he sent off within 5 minutes of coming on against Man Utd one time? It happens to a lot of players, you get a fine, a toe up the arse from the boss and then move on from it.

Think it was seconds after coming on :))

And he went to see a shrink shortly after.

Last time he was mentioned in the press it was to say that he was expected to be fit after the international break. I assume it meant immediately after as opposed to some time in the future!

If we can play Kent and Ojo in the same team then we can certainly play Kent and Jones in the same team.
I'm not saying we can't. I'm saying I feel Jones's odds of becoming a regular starter have been reduced with the signing of Kent but I hope he proves me wrong.

Ojo's game time has actually been reduced a bit since Kent has been fit. I see Jones right now as more likely to be backup for Kent rather than displace Arfield, Stewart, Ojo or recently Barker from that front 3.Jamie Murphy also had game time recently.

I really didn't like Jones this season until I saw his performance against Hibs, if he can play like that consistently then he will be one of the first names on the team sheet

We didn’t sign Kent because JJ was injured.

I believe the two of them will be our first choice wide men.
I don't think Kent was signed because JJ was injured. However up until that point it was either Ojo or JJ who was starting. So with Kent's arrival it is likely he will have a harder time getting into starting line up.

If you are going to rattle into a challenge like that then you've got to make sure you hurt the khunt and not yourself.

Can't believe he is still out, the game was about 12 weeks ago.

His performances before the injury suggest he has a huge part to play for us.
Absolutely mate, the fact Barker has started 2 massive games both home and away against Porto shows that there will always be a prominent role for Jones with his extra European, International and Domestic football experience. Mad for anyone to think he won't play a huge part for us this season

It was a stupid challenge and has set the lad's career back in spectacular fashion because apart from falling down the pecking order at Ibrox, he has missed an important raft of games for Northern Ireland.
Quite an extortionate bill for a moment of madness.

That crazy challenge has saw jones miss out on matches vs:

Porto x 2
Feyenoord and Young Boys x 1 (soon to be x 2)

A semi final vs Hearts
Soon to be a final vs the tims

and international games vs Holland (and Germany?)

What a bunch of games to miss!

If everyone is fit, I think our front three is Kent, Morelos and Jones. Just my opinion, but I feel JJ offers more than Barker, Stewart or Ojo.

I think we will upgrade the right hand side of the front three in January if the right player is available. I can't see JJ getting ahead of Kent on the left hand side, Ojo is too inconsistent, Barker and Stewart are in and out of the team/squad and Arfield has been poor throughout the season and slows our play down dramatically in the forward role.

Kent is miles ahead of Jones in the pecking order but I’d have Jones ahead of Barker.

So hopefully get him back soon to increase the strength of the squad.

Kents been hit or miss so far with injuries and still at this point you can see he's not at 100% and struggles to last the whole game.
I dont see a lot between them at the moment. I think Ojo will drop out anyway.

Back