Anyone heard of any further movement on the Jordan Jones offer?

No way near worth what Killie are wanting, didn't think he was worth what we were offering either.

Same as others have said, Killie have priced him out of a move. That’s their right, however it’s a dangerous game as they risk upsetting the player if they won’t pay him what they say he is worth.

Instead of acting professionally and start negotiating with us on a price for Jones Kilmarnock, their classless manager and rent a gob Boyd used it as an opportunity to have a dig at us.

Fûck them and their diddy club, if I was Jones though I’d be asking Boyd what business is it of his that he had to comment on a transfer bid that had nothing to do with him.

We offered a fair price,if they wanted a better price they should have negoiated in private ,as Hamilton did.instead they bleated to the press,to try and drive the price up.lets se how Jones now performs knowing that kil lie have held him back

We have a future fee of 600k for cummings and 1million for Jamie Murphy, a championship player and a pl player, both quality players and Killie feel that Jones is the same price as Murphy, I think not. There's quality players out there for not a great deal of money candeias only 700k, 350k for Jones who is fast but raw, was a fair price and if it was the rhabids who bid he would be there just now. The fact they went to the press and slated us says it all about that mob

He’s not worth more than 500k at a push - if Killie weren’t complete idiots in the interim we may have went back in - can’t see it now especially when they apparently value them at 1m ?!?

Mind the last time a team wanted £1m for a player we wanted (jamie walker) look how that panned our.

After the disgraceful way Killie conducted themselves after our offer, between their manager and Boyd, then I'd like to think we have walked away from any deal. Compare and contrast to how Hamilton handled our negotiations with them.

I would be happy if the board stepped away and decided not to pursue him after the ridiculous way in which Killie acted. Hes not worth 1 million , Unless Killie have a change of heart and realise hes worth around maybe half of that then we should leave it.

At best he is worth a couple of hundred grand and a fringe player from us.
Maybe Dodoo or Hardie thrown in could seal the deal

I think that ships sailed. I wouldn't be doing business with Kilmarnock for a while unless they come back to us. Billy Bowie needs cash to pump into Kilmarnock. His missus already is doing her nut about how much he's spent.

I would imagine we've moved on following the rank unprofessionalism shown by Kilmarnock.

Hope they end up getting peanuts like Hearts with Walker.

Just another Templeton. Fast but no awareness or football brain.

He had Tav on toast for 90 minutes yet created nothing. If he had something about him we'd have got hammered that day.

It was silly unprofessionalism from Killie. They obviously never learnt from Hearts mistakes in the Jaime Walker saga where they lost out in the region of £500k because of their greed.

I sincerely hope we don’t go back with another offer.

Send the message that we won’t deal with clubs who act in this manner.

As much as I don’t want us doing business with Killie I still think we will go back in for him and offer something like 350k plus MOH and Hodson.

It’s not the lads fault Clarke and Boyd were wankers and for those saying we don’t need him al bet Brown has seen him more than the couple of times you have.

I think he would have been a half decent signing, Not worth anymore than 500,000 though.

Hopefully Rent a Gub and Chlarke can tell him why they have refused to sell him to us for a Decent price and up his wages to that of a million pound player.

Never seen an assessment of a player's ability change so much because of a bid being rejected.

Kilmarnock reacted the way they did because they don’t want to sell him, he’s a good player and I would test their resolve with a bid of £500k.

I think he would be worth a punt if for example he was to replace MOH in the squad.

I feel for any player denied the opportunity to join us & it may well affect his performances - Hearts got very little out of Walker after our bid was turned down.

Is he better than MOH, I don’t see it.
There are better wide players than him for the money.

I suspect we’ll make a bid on the final day of the window. Probably closer to our original bid than Kilmarnock’s OTT valuation; but will test their confidence in that valuation.

I haven’t seen enough of him to be desperate for us to sign him, but I have to say that given the dealings in this window so far, if Murty and Allen see potential in him then I’m happy to go with their judgement and their valuation.

Back