Anyone know this bear?

I don't know the guy at all but @mattr1873 on Twitter put out a very concerning tweet a couple of hours ago and people are currently trying to alert anyone know may know him to contact him to check if he is ok. Please see below his Twitter account and also the tweet he posted.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mattr1873

https://twitter.com/mattr1873/status/1054093729932460032?s=19

Well done for raising this mate.

Family's are strong when they stick together. Cap doffed.

So relieved Greg's acted swiftly - the lads hopefully heading out of the darkness now. Your not alone young man.

Well done for raising this mate.

Family's are strong when they stick together. Cap doffed.

So relieved Greg's acted swiftly - the lads hopefully heading out of the darkness now. Your not alone young man.

Thanks mate.

People were already working very hard on Twitter trying to get him help but I thought it was worth sharing on here too given how highly populated the site is.

Very relieved to hear Matt is ok.

C’mon Matt , head up son. The world is a shit hole but we just have to deal with it day by day. Be strong and post on here before the game on Thursday . Good luck son
Indeed that’s true. The world can seem like a very bleak place at times. Focussing on positives. No matter how small, may help b

Thankfully people are becoming so much more aware of mental health and realizing just telling someone to pull themselves together is not nearly enough and is actually counter productive.i have became a lot more aware about it with the thread in the lounge and the pod heart and hand did on mental health

cQpLpa3_d.jpg

This tweet earlier in the day to Matt is a “perfect” example as to why folk need to choose their words more carefully on something like Twitter.

You don’t know the person, you have absolutely no need to act big or clever and something you may think is an off the cuff remark might hit home with someone more than you think.

And it will come as no surprise that this person works for the Scottish Government.

Last edited:
There was a fella who seemed to be relentlessly sending trolling twitter posts to Matt in an exchange earlier in the day online.

In fairness from what I seen it just seemed to be a mentally challenged giving him some stick, and Matt was giving some back too. Don't think it would be fair to blame that guy for anything.

In fairness from what I seen it just seemed to be a mentally challenged giving him some stick, and Matt was giving some back too. Don't think it would be fair to blame that guy for anything.

Depends on the interpretation taken from it and how folk react. I can see the negative slant in them from a mental health standpoint and I felt, given what we know, that they were awful messages to send

Depends on the interpretation taken from it and how folk react. I can see the negative slant in them from a mental health standpoint and I felt, given what we know, that they were awful messages to send

It looked like he didn't know the guy and it was just a bit of an online slanging match. I wouldn't like to think the guy would've riled him up if he knew he was struggling. Then again you never know with they bastards.

Thought the worst when I saw his tweets. Have known Matt for years but never knew he was feeling like this. So glad he's alright. He's a really nice guy.

You never said it was a mentally challenged that was abusing him, thanks to the other poster for clearing that up.

Fantastic news hes ok . The world can seem a very black place when you suffer from mental health issues as i know only to well. Take one day at a time. He will be helped by the fact so many bears are thinking of him and want to help. Try to keep your head up .keep talking. The rangers family are here for you always . Stay strong matt

Really glad to hear that Matt is well and hopefully spending today with some good people and getting some help.
Really worrying seeing the time that had passed till the tweet that he was ok.
Well done to the OP and everyone that contributes to the lounge depression thread.
One big family.

The guy giving him abuse was Gordon if we are talking about the same person. I won’t say his twitter handle, but the tweets he sent were out of order especially in a mental health context.

Thankfully people are becoming so much more aware of mental health and realizing just telling someone to pull themselves together is not nearly enough and is actually counter productive.i have became a lot more aware about it with the thread in the lounge and the pod heart and hand did on mental health

I would say this applies to myself also

I hate twitter.. i dont the lads issues. He clearly was screaming for help and hopefully now he gets it. I PERSONALLY CAME OFF TWITTER.. BEFORE I GOT BANNED, I SUFFER BOUTS of depression n a lack of confidence, if you knew me PERSONALLY you'd be saying aye right.
But twitter brought the worst out in me and i recieved some bad stuff in return..
Im glad people reached the lad and hees in my thoughts...
Depression and lack of confidence is a silent killer..

Facebook had the same effect on me. Best thing I did deleting it.

Great to hear he had friends who looked out for him. Well done. And I’m glad he got through this one. I never got the suicidal thoughts but Mental health issues? #me-anaw

Glad to hear the lads ok.

I don’t have Twitter cos I'm liable to say something in the heat of the moment that I later realise I wasnae proud of. But this thread shows both the good and the bad side of it

This thread is a shows up the good and bad of the internet.

So glad contact has been made with the lad.

The guy giving him abuse was Gordon if we are talking about the same person. I won’t say his twitter handle, but the tweets he sent were out of order especially in a mental health context.

You’re right mate. I seen the exchange, and they were out of order. Just one of the many bitter terriers infesting our country

Glad Matt is ok.

Great work from the OP and also Greg on this, not only highlighting it but acting on it.

Makes you proud to be in the Rangers Family and Matt you are just that one of the biggest and best families in the world. Keep the chin up fella and you can always post on here anytime.

WATP!!!

Hope Matt has seen or been shown the messages of support from his fellow Bears online. He needs all the support he can get while battling his demons.

Stay strong buddy and just remember your friends and family will always be there for you.

Back