Anyone Know When we Are Likely to See Movement on the Manager’s Role?

Superrangers

Not a thread to have a go at the board (plenty of those already) but does anyone have any insight into when we might see interviews, a decision that news from the club?

Not even going to guess. Thought it would have been a few days after the sacking of Pedro. Thought it would have been during international break. Thought it would have been in the aftermath of a 2-0 home defeat to Hamilton. The board have given up on this season.

Does anyone seriously think the board want any new manager to do Easter Road and Parkhead in his first four weeks on the job ?

No chance.

January is my guess.

duyo7lj.gif

Three options as I see it.

No manager at AGM
Underwhelming manager at the AGM
Board have played a blinder manager at the AGM.

Unfortunately I rank option one as most likely. Based on the lack of meaningful speculation or even semi credible ITK chat.

Those well known or self titled ITK went all in mostly on Mcinnes being appointed by now.

Mcleish tipped as logically he fits the criteria, but he would be an option 2 as he doesn't fit with what we are after (if as a group we even agree on what we are after).

Mark Allen or Stewart Robertson have done nothing in football for me to believe option 3 is reasonable. No offence to either men.

So, aye.

No manager at AGM

Unfortunately I rank option one as most likely. Based on the lack of meaningful speculation or even semi credible ITK chat.

Those well known or self titled ITK went all in mostly on Mcinnes being appointed by now.

Mcleish tipped as logically he fits the criteria, but he would be an option 2 as he doesn't fit with what we are after (if as a group we even agree on what we are after).

Mark Allen or Stewart Robertson have done nothing in football for me to believe option 3 is reasonable. No offence to either men.

So, aye.
Makes for depressing reading but sadly may be true.

I think a lot of PR games are being played here. Names are drip fed to the media in the form of rumours in order to see what kind of reaction it brings from phone-ins and supporters groups.

Terrible way to do it, but I feel like we are being played.

I'm not caring now to be honest. This season is a wet sock. Wing it till the end of the season and then do it right. I dont want a new manager now coming in to tread water and ultimately fail.

New Manager,
New Funds,
New Strip,
In time for the New season.

If new manager is announced at AGM, then you'd imagine we'd find out who it is before the end of the week or Monday at the latest?

How long did we know about Pedro before it was announced?

Does anyone seriously think the board want any new manager to do Easter Road and Parkhead in his first four weeks on the job ?

No chance.

January is my guess.

While the runs of games coming up is far from ideal, we really need someone in before January. The new guy needs a few weeks to have a look at the squad before the January window opens to get an idea what he needs to recruit. No point in getting him in part way through the window to put him under time pressure with budgetary constraints and a squad he doesn't know.

While the runs of games coming up is far from ideal, we really need someone in before January. The new guy needs a few weeks to have a look at the squad before the January window opens to get an idea what he needs to recruit. No point in getting him in part way through the window to put him under time pressure with budgetary constraints and a squad he doesn't know.
Precisely. The fans will understand if a new Manager goes right into hard games and would want the Manager to have the chance to assess the squad and have the whole window to address needs (as possible).

No manager at AGM

So, aye.

I agree with your general pessimism but, sorry mate, Mark Allen has done nothing in football?
Eh?

I agree with your general pessimism but, sorry mate, Mark Allen has done nothing in football?
Eh?

I just meant specifically in terms of appointing managers.
I mean if someone had to tell me that he was one of the reasons that city got pep then I would be much more confident about option 3.

If w manager isn’t in place by the AGM they should face some uncomfortable questions

Ps they should face some uncomfortable questions anyway regarding managerial appointments

I just meant specifically in terms of appointing managers.
I mean if someone had to tell me that he was one of the reasons that city got pep then I would be much more confident about option 3.

I know what you’re getting at but actually Allen has a pretty good CV for someone in football admin. I don’t know that having Walter or Souness or Patrick Viera brings you any particular upgrade in terms of picking a manager.

From the list of available of candidates we can go three ways:
1. Obvious and the most generally safe from a board PoV: McInnes
2. Go for an inspiring name even if means you’re risking foreign again: De Boer
3. Do what other struggling big clubs do, appoint a well connected CV: that’s when the Maclarans and Parsdews come in

There’s not that many candidates out there, realistically. Me and you could draw up the list.

The problem is either us stalling for time because the candidate we want needs it or there’s internal politics at play.

Last edited:
Back