Anyone Know When we Are Likely to See Movement on the Manager’s Role?

I'm not caring now to be honest. This season is a wet sock. Wing it till the end of the season and then do it right. I dont want a new manager now coming in to tread water and ultimately fail.

New Manager,
New Funds,
New Strip,
In time for the New season.

Sounds like deja vu from the start of this season! We can't afford to be replacing half the squad in the summer again, we need someone in now, get the best out of what we've got and move on the deadwood, one or two additions in January would help. Finish the season on a relative high, bring in some key signings in the summer and get ready to mount a more sustained challenge.....or "progress" you might call it, as opposed to repeating the same mistakes ad infinitum!

I'm not caring now to be honest. This season is a wet sock. Wing it till the end of the season and then do it right. I dont want a new manager now coming in to tread water and ultimately fail.

New Manager,
New Funds,
New Strip,

The just repeat every year till we wake up and eventually get the right men in from top to bottom.

It appears as though the board are taking the revolutionary approach of letting the field narrow itself down, before selecting the one remaining candidate.

We're halfway there!

Moyes - Off to West Ham
Coleman - Off to Sunderland
Pardew - Rumoured to be off to West Brom
McInnes
McLeish
McLaren

Not even going to guess. Thought it would have been a few days after the sacking of Pedro. Thought it would have been during international break. Thought it would have been in the aftermath of a 2-0 home defeat to Hamilton. The board have given up on this season.

THIS

Fine then. They can give all ST holders their money back for this season then. It's actually disgraceful the way the board think they can live off ousting the spivs forever

New Manager,
New Funds,
New Strip,

McLeish in a manger, being crowned by Dave King

Despite everything, I'd be entirely satisfied with this reveal. It's got to the stage that I feel I'll inevitably be disappointed with the content of the announcement so can only hope the style of the announcement is exceptional.

I'd suggest revealing it through a combination of clues in the Times crossword, no other press announcement. I'll be honest, if I came across this, I'd be happy (despite the grim reality)
manager_reveal.jpg

An absolute shambles of a situation. The board must be praying we win tomorrow night because the shit storm that's coming if we don't will be massive.

I genuinely can't think who the manager will be now, or when they will be appointed.

McInnes is the obvious candidate, but you would think if we were going to go for him then we would have done so by now. Alternatively, if we are still to go for him you'd think it would be after the double header, which would mean another two weeks. All in, i'll be surprised at this stage if is McInnes.

And if it isn't McInnes then who else? Won't be McLeish. Won't be any of the likes of Allardyce, Pardew, Pulis etc.

Does that leave someone to come in that hasn't been mentioned yet? If so, who?

I've genuinely no idea how I see this one playing out now. I just hope the board do!

Just wait till the meltdown when the camera shows McInnes in the crowd tomorrow regardless of the fact he has no game till Sunday and faces us next week

I think it'll be just before the AGM, doesn't make any sense not to have a manager in place at it,either before or the big reveal during it,wish they'd give an indication,the silence is deafening.

Despite everything, I'd be entirely satisfied with this reveal. It's got to the stage that I feel I'll inevitably be disappointed with the content of the announcement so can only hope the style of the announcement is exceptional.

I'd suggest revealing it through a combination of clues in the Times crossword, no other press announcement. I'll be honest, if I came across this, I'd be happy (despite the grim reality)
manager_reveal.jpg

Back, Ally, Yes, is...

Yes, Ally is back..........

um.....

When Warburton left did the club not put out quite a lengthy interview with Stewart Robertson detailing the process ( or lack of ) in recruiting a new manager ? find it strange that this time round we’ve had next to nothing on it, why not give us a bit more info as to what’s going on to settle the unrest amongnst the support?. FWIW I don’t think anyone will be in place till after the double header with Aberdeen.

We'll need to harness the power of the Met Office's long-range weather forecasting computers to predict that.

I’ll throw tuppence worth in ..... for the we bit of inside information I’ve heard Rangers approached McInnes advisers who told one me of the sticking points in a short meeting was McInnes wants total control of 1st matters from buying and selling and this doesn’t suit the agenda we are running with the dof and a scouting system in place after all this time .

So wonder if we are going down the road with a coach now rather than a manager , being Rangers it will change when they come to the appointment .

My own opinion is we should have had a short list of managers who we were ready to move for the minute we sacked Pedro as it’s starting to look very amateurish at this level .

Maybe they will appoint McInnes two days before we play the sheep, which would certainly leave them in a bit a hole, not to mention it would be great "get it right up ye"

The Pravda site of rangers observer spelled out clearly that nothing will happen before AGM. Don' have to be Holmes to read between the lines of their latest post.

We, the fans, need to be kept better informed of what is going on. The Bears are getting more and more frustrated.An announcement telling us where we are would be welcome

You might be on to something there.
Does the timing fall into line with the “expecting new applications next week” time frame?
He has stayed he would like to manage us. If he was looking to get back into it I’m sure he would be applying.

Im just of the opinion now of feck it go and get Mcinnes.

We clearly aren't in a wonderful position. He's doing well at a team above us in the league. He'd be a risk but lets face it so will anyone. What's the worst that can happen. At least he knows the game and the club and unlike previous Rangers men that have failed, he's proven to do quite well at this level already.

Bigger Budget, Bigger club and weakening our opponents.

I wasn't of this opinion 4 weeks ago, but I am now. Maybe this was the boards plan.

There becomes a time when you just need to make a decision and go with it.

Exactly. Shitebags need not apply.

Totally agreed. Remember the boost Pedro gave us against Aberdeen at Pittodrie? 3-0, never saw it coming.

Under the cosh 90% of the game and we pulled that out the bag with Wilson, Bates and Beerman in defence.

Any new manager, even Pedro or Murty and whoever replaces Pedro will give a massive immediate boost to results on the pitch, regardless of the opponent, in theory anyway.

Not a thread to have a go at the board (plenty of those already) but does anyone have any insight into when we might see interviews, a decision that news from the club?

Cracking thread title btw!

Like there would be people on here who knew something about it but were waiting for someone to ask the question first.:D

Bernstein t: 461197 said:
Sounds like deja vu from the start of this season! We can't afford to be replacing half the squad in the summer again, we need someone in now, get the best out of what we've got and move on the deadwood, one or two additions in January would help. Finish the season on a relative high, bring in some key signings in the summer and get ready to mount a more sustained challenge.....or "progress" you might call it, as opposed to repeating the same mistakes ad infinitum!
Can't afford to but that's exactly what we need.
Can't afford to but replacing half this squad(if not more) is exactly what is needed. Looking for a new manager to come in and work miracles? Leonard Bernstein couldn't get a tune out of this lot.

Can't afford to but that's exactly what we need.

Can't afford to but replacing half this squad(if not more) is exactly what is needed. Looking for a new manager to come in and work miracles? Leonard Bernstein couldn't get a tune out of this lot.

Disagree. The right man could get much more out of what we have at present!

Probably too late to get anyone in for the Aberdeen match now.

Considering no information seems to be coming out the club through the usual ITK (I hate saying this term) people or journalists, it looks like the board still don't have a clue who they want.

When Warburton left did the club not put out quite a lengthy interview with Stewart Robertson detailing the process ( or lack of ) in recruiting a new manager ? find it strange that this time round we’ve had next to nothing on it, why not give us a bit more info as to what’s going on to settle the unrest amongnst the support?. FWIW I don’t think anyone will be in place till after the double header with Aberdeen.

That's because he's made a cùnt of it. Again.

Would love to know his KPIs. He's failed at; appointing key positions, defending the fans when attacked in the media, defending our captain when physically attacked, providing any sort of matchday experience.

If we need a bit more cash then sack Robertson and add his salary to the new managers pot.

Disagree. The right man could get much more out of what we have at present!
I hope your right but im not so sure...I see a very limited bunch of players who lack heart, bottle and ability. I'm not sure a new manager overcomes those basic failings without bringing in his own players.

I hope your right but im not so sure...I see a very limited bunch of players who lack heart, bottle and ability. I'm not sure a new manager overcomes those basic failings without bringing in his own players.

Generally I am the most pessimistic fan on the planet but you're raising the bar mate. A team containing at least 5 "squad players" could and should have been out of sight against Hamilton on Saturday, a few tweaks, the right leadership and more talented players returning from injury and they will be against most of the pish in the premier league. The squad inherited by Pedro required major surgery just to get to an even keel, but player personnel wise we ain't in that bad a place after one transfer window. Which makes it all the more frustrating that we are capable of being as poor as we are at times, and even more frustrating that the powers that be seem to be lacking in any form of urgency in appointing a new manager.

If this isn't sorted over the weekend, and we go as is into a double header v Dolly, a fired up Dolly and a fired up McInnes then there's only one outcome.

Is it possible the Board are holding off making a decision until they know the outcome of the recent DK shares court case? The outcome could have an effect on our plans moving forward.

Back