Anyone run a football team?

So,can You offer advice or share history of how to make money for a team or how to recruit players?Or You just going to be pedantic?

Ultimately it’s like anything in any walk of like..... Hard work and stop looking for excuses.

Nobody says it would be easy (far from it) but it’s not impossible. It’s a thankless task but if you want it to succeed and you put in the hard graft - it will

Also stop relying on social media for sponsors/players. Chap doors, look them in the whites of their eyes and make them feel wanted (sponsors and players alike).

Then there’s your typical race nights etc as already mentioned in the thread.

But absolutely everything boils down to relentless hard work.

Reactions: jtc
Ultimately it’s like anything in any walk of like..... Hard work and stop looking for excuses.

Nobody says it would be easy (far from it) but it’s not impossible. It’s a thankless task but if you want it to succeed and you put in the hard graft - it will

Also stop relying on social media for sponsors/players. Chap doors, look them in the whites of their eyes and make them feel wanted (sponsors and players alike).

Then there’s your typical race nights etc as already mentioned in the thread.

But absolutely everything boils down to relentless hard work.
It does come down to hard work .We battered the football cards around the pub.Also did 'The price is right' nights and football quizzes.
Social media wasnt really around as much 15 or more year ago so that wasn't a avenue for us .Not that I'd be in charge of social media;-).
Regarding players a tight bunch with a few who would help if we were desperate was our general rule.The year we folded it we actually had loads signed but getting people to come to a struggling team was impossible

My coach at my old Saturday Amateur team had so much shite to deal with.

Organising pitches, sponsors, friendlies etc. as well as having to deal with some of the FA.

Probably the most frustrating is dealing with "characters" in the team who can't be arsed turning up to training or games

I’m a ‘coach’ with my sons team - 2007 age group. I don’t run the team, another 2 guys do this. I see the work that goes into it and take my hat off to them, without guys like these there would be no kids football teams.

Our team is battling away at the top end of the table and at this present time it is really great to be part of it all. It isn’t all plain sailing though, issues we’ve encountered include parents not paying fees, boys not turning up, boys fighting with each other, parents falling out with each other, ridiculous fees for training facilities, disagreements with parents when their boys aren’t selected. The list goes on.

There are so much more positives though. Watching the boys develop and winning games is the best part and you meet some really good people along the way.

Im like a big wean on a a Saturday morning - bounce out my bed all excited because it’s match day!!!

Reactions: jtc
Back