Anyone still want Tommy Wright as Rangers boss?

Some of the comments about Wright on this thread are out of order.

By all means critique his management skills in an adult debate, but personal abuse is out of order. The guy is a very decent man and a bear.

I've never once said i wanted him or that he is my first choice but not sure how anyone can argue he has been anything less than fantastic at St Johnstone?

Also only noticed last night they had the boy Scougal who looks a decent player. Good pickup.

Any manager that take positives for getting a lot of corners after being beaten 3-0 is probably at
his right club.

The bile against Tommy Wright is ridiculous. He's PROVED hes a decent manager with a provincial team on a small budget. Why do so many of our fans slag off a guy like this. It's beneath us and it's embarrassing.

I thought he talked rubbish after the game but he was making a case for his own team, as he's paid to do. Let it go and leave this type of crap to the obsessed ones

Spot on, don't get the need to slag the guy. He has done well on a miniscule budget and regarding last night's after match comments he has every right to defend his side - he at no point made any negative remarks about us.

Do I want him as a future manager - the answer is no but that does not mean the guy is not a decent manager.

Gets pot-less St J in the top 6. A bear & seems a decent bloke, which makes the spat with Pedro all the more strange. But probably not a Rangers manager.

Some of the comments about Wright on this thread are out of order.

By all means critique his management skills in an adult debate, but personal abuse is out of order. The guy is a very decent man and a bear.

A bear?

I doubt it.

He engaged in a war of words with a Rangers manager, at the same time mocking a man who is already under severe pressure.

He is the enemy, just like the rest.

A bear?

I doubt it.

He engaged in a war of words with a Rangers manager, at the same time mocking a man who is already under severe pressure.

He is the enemy, just like the rest.

Too many think he's a bear, and have some, even tenuous, evidence, for it to be untrue, in my opinion.
I don't see him as the enemy either.
I tend to look at some of the stuff surrounding Pedro to be envy and jealousy.

No I never wanted him at all. If and when we eventually replace Caixinha we must bring in a better quality manager than the likes of Tommy Wright or McInnes for that matter as well.

I couldn’t give a flying %^*& if he’s a bear anyway. If he wants to engage the Rangers manager in a tedious war of words and condescende him I’ll be standing firmly behind the Rangers manager, not the alleged bear.

Utter pish. I suppose he fluked the consistent top six finishes and qualifying for Europe on a regular basis too?

He's never qualified for Europe. They're literally called "qualifiers" and they've recently been knocked out by teams from Armenia and Lithuania.

Anyone comparing a manager doing well at a diddy club like St. Johnstone,despite playing a brand of 'football' which any decent club would find unpalatable at best-with what is required of a Rangers manager-need sent to Carstairs loony bin.

He would get absolutely slaughtered by the vast majority of our support,and rightly so.We would not accept the shite standard of football or the nonsense he regularly spouts.But he's a british manager that knows the Sphell well so that's alright.

No it f. ucking well isn't.

Back