Anyone think John can oust the Skipper?

Hopefully a bit of competition brings out the best in Wallace. I think he's a good player, but possibly got complacent at times last season.

I think if an injury befalls the skipper or a suspension then he might be displaced. Can't see PC simply dropping him, although if warranted this should happen.
I like the skipper but feel we need better.

Going by his presser today I don't think he actually believes he could replace Wallace.

He seems to be more interested in the left mid spot.

I think we lack something on an attacking front down the left hand side when Lee is out of the team.

Cant see it but maybe Pedro will play John in front of Wallace. Sure i read hes played left back and left wing before

I don't know enough about John to say for sure, but he's played at a decent level and so it's probably reasonable to say that he's got a chance.

If he is any good then of course.

Our fullbacks are suspect so if we have better options or competition then great.
Hodson should have been released and another RB brought in.

There's not a chance of him being here as a replacement for Wallace. He's there to fill a gap as back up and add a bit of competition for the spot, similar to Hodson.

I wonder if sometimes he might play ahead of Wallace on the left wing.

Who knows?

He might be utter shite...not one poster on here has watched him in a live game.

Daft thread, or, Bruno for captain thread...

Just watched his press conference.
He is a young lad and this came across in his responses.
I think that he will play further forward on the left but he's not match fit just now

Same as some other posters in that I haven't seen him. I am however glad we've got some competition for Wallace.

I'm still struggling to get my head round the fact we have a player called Declan. It's like a Rikki Fulton joke from Scotch & Wry

I'll be honest I don't know much about him, but a bit of competition may well bring out the best in Wallace.

It's maybe a question for after we've seen him in action for two or three games. It's pretty pointless speculating before we have aev seen him kick a ball.

Haven't seen any evidence of that at all this season mate.

Both looking way better.

Have you checked how many crosses are coming into our box. Wes did as he was being blamed for flapping at a few. It's the number one job of a fullback to stop crosses coming in. We concede a goal just about every game from a cross.

The thought of these two going up against Sinclair and Roberts fills me with dread.

I'm hoping he's there to play in front of him and give us a natural balance while helping our defensively and take some of the pressure off him be maybe see the best of him again

Can't see it. However if he's good enough he deserves the chance. If Wallace's form drops then he should be dropped. Nobody should be guaranteed a start. Although Miller seems to that covered.

Not properly seen the guy play that I'm aware of so is impossible to say, however I'm hoping the competition brings the best out in Wallace as he is our player and captain but if not and John is stronger then that's also a positive as he'll be playing. Just good having cover and hopefully both can chip in to a high standard over the course of the season.

Have you checked how many crosses are coming into our box. Wes did as he was being blamed for flapping at a few. It's the number one job of a fullback to stop crosses coming in. We concede a goal just about every game from a cross.

The thought of these two going up against Sinclair and Roberts fills me with dread.

Apart from Hibs when we'd 10 men we haven't conceded more than one goal in a game since the new defence and Wallace hasn't been to blame for any of them.

If you watch Roberts past performances against Wallace he's never kicked a ball against him.

Wouldn't imagine he's here to replace Wallace but at least he will hopefully give decent cover at left back as Hodson isn't up to it

He won't replace Wallace unless Lee gets injured.
Will most likely get his chance in front of Wallace in left mid, its then up to him to impress. Sounds as if he hasn't played for a while, so it will take him time to get up to speed...

Pretty much signed as a backup, but eager to see how he preforms. Hopefully, he does well as competition can only be good for Wallace.

I think he'll play left mid. An injury to Wallace would likely see him fall in to replace Wallace. If he excels in the position then I think it may be hard for Wallace to get his spot back.

It could though give Wallace a kick up the arse and we may see the best of him again

I thought he could lead to Wallace playing further up on the left rather than playing in front of him!

Wouldn't be surprised to see him playing ahead of Wallace at left mid. If Wallace is fit then I can't see Pedro dropping him

If he wasn't signed to push for a first team place then there really wasn't any point.

Wallace has done fine this season so far but I don't like guys to automatically have starting place by default (which he does). Competition is a good thing imo.

I hope he has the talent to do so. I am growing a bit tired of Wallace now,it's getting to the stage in a relationship where the couple just drifts apart.

Back