Anyone think Livingston will do us a turn today ?

It's nice to be asking the question when not too long ago, some were giving them full points for their games in hand without kicking a ball!
Another draw would suit me for today.

If any team could be described as Celtic's bogey team over the last couple of years, it would be Livingston.

A double header against them would be difficult at any time of the season but for it to coincide with them having 13 players out and Livi being the most on form team in the league right now, you've got to expect them to at least take a point out of these next two games.

Celtic's last six games against them, they've only won two.

Livi were the last team other than us to beat Celtic in the league and they actually took more points off of them than we did last season.
you're starting to make me want to watch this game

How good would it be if Jason Holt scored or played a big part in a famous Livi win at sharkheid after taking part in some of our humiliations against them.

Hopefully Beaton allows them to get the shit kicked out of them with little or no punishment like he did with us against Aberdeen.

A lot of folk reckon the filth will win today but not Wednesday. Will they not have a full squad after today’s game? Away or not, today is Livi’s best chance of getting something.

Wednesday night probably depends on today. If Livi put everything into today and lost narrowly they’ll probably lose on Wednesday quite comfortably.

Tbh we can’t expect favours from anyone. Just need to do our own job.

I always expect the filth to win unless they are playing us. That way it’s a great feeling when they do lose points

I'm not sure why - but I just don't see Livi getting anything today
Hope I'm wrong of course
They might have a better chance midweek- but even then I wiuldn't be putting a bet on

Doesn't really matter though - I'll be concentrating on us

Livingston will be full of confidence which is huge against that mob because a lot of teams are beaten before the game even kicks off.

I've watched a couple of Martindale's interviews and he seems to have a bit of savvy about him, speaking about the tactical changes he's made to exploit opposition defences etc. so I expect them to cause a few problems.

That being said, it's a tall order as always given the differences in squad/budget.

What a lovely position to be in that it ultimately doesn't matter to us.

Fair
If any team could be described as Celtic's bogey team over the last couple of years, it would be Livingston.

A double header against them would be difficult at any time of the season but for it to coincide with them having 13 players out and Livi being the most on form team in the league right now, you've got to expect them to at least take a point out of these next two games.

Celtic's last six games against them, they've only won two.

Livi were the last team other than us to beat Celtic in the league and they actually took more points off of them than we did last season.
Fair points mate

When you lay it out like that and knowing Celtic are fielding such a weak team, then on paper you have to be disappointed if livi don't walk away with the 3 points here with at least a point almost a stick on

Depends on their confidence to attack. If they play scared like Hibs did for eighty five minutes they will lose. If they play to attack and get first goal they may win comfortably. Must have confidence due to their last eight games record.

Looking at their starting team, their midfields pretty much full strength

Fully expect Celtic to win by a few but hoping I’m wrong

They are still capable of winning but tbh its as rank a mentally challengeds side livi will ever play. Livi were also my local team and I'm backing them to do us a turn in the next couple of games

Don’t even want to try figure out what formation that is.

I assume 4-2-3-1 with McGregor left & Ping Pong right, Johnston up top like he played at Ibrox.

Judging by that starting line-up it looks like they're copying Motherwell's famous 5-5-0 formation in the hope of containing Livingston and getting a draw

They have nothing up top but otherwise aren’t that badly hit to their first XI, if they pick up a couple of minor injuries and have to turn to the bench though...

Are Livi still a physical side?

Back