Anyone think we wouldnt win that?

Wee bit. 1st 10 to 15 mins in the 2nd half I thought "I'll take a draw right now" just a quick thought though. We were struggling and they were camped around our box and we couldn't get it cleared. We came through that and got the win so, sign of champions

Up until Morelos came on, yes.

I was being a right moany bastard about it in the match thread, too.

The decision making in the final third was not there tonight and the attackers were just not clicking for whatever reason. We gave away a lot of possession up the pitch and they were capable enough to keep the ball and then come thundering down our right side but not really do anything else apart from that.

There were also a fair bit of sloppiness to the play which I feared we would get punished for and didn't; When McGregor just passed it out for a corner, when Roofe tried an audacious overhead kick whilst Kent was charging in to blast it, the one short corner that ended up being a break for them, that one breakaway where four of us had a yard of space and refused to take a shot. etc.

However, when Morelos came on we had the focal point for our attack and it pinned them back immediately. The pressure built on them, we scored, the cavalry arrived to see out the day and that was that.

Always fancied us to create at least one decent chance. Never felt like we would lose at all. We will take that team apart in Poland when they open up a bit more.

If I'm being perfectly honest I was a bit worried approaching half time.
The little I'd seen of them & what I'd listened to lead me to think it would be relatively comfortable.
They kept us as honest as anyone has in a good while. But our strength & class won out overall!

As fans we need to get away from thinking 'we will win every game 4-0', it is nonsense.

They were a very well organised team and we should be buzzing for three points. We need to win ugly at times and this is a perfect example of this.

Youre 100% right.

Every CL Group win is an achievement. There are NO weak teams in it.

Tonight wasn’t pretty but I’d have gladly taken a one goal win before it.

And I may be wrong but I think Rangers have just won 5 consecutive European games for the first time in our history.

Every team we play in the Europa League group is above anything we face in the SPFL so every game is a big challenge for us. We cannot play excellently in every game and sometimes we just edge a win like today.

At 60 minutes when Alfie came on I cracked a beer and went "Alfie is gonna do the biz here".

I trust this team to step up a gear and get a draw next week it's mental. You just trust this squad now we have matured

Btw that Barisic cross, that's the difference this year, genuine world class quality in the key areas that we can depend on - it's not just "get it to Alfie and hope he scores", even though he did tonight you get what I mean.

It does annoy me that at times we seem to be "coasting"

Playing the match in second gear, winning and keeping a clean sheet won't always happen. Being the best team in Scotland by far won't always cut it in Europe and Benfica away is our biggest challenge.

I don't like complacency but I have to admit that at no point this season have I thought after 10 minutes that we would lose a game.

Sat there at half time thinking not great but never in danger. Can't remember the last time I was this confident in a Rangers team getting the result.

We have our best centre forward on the bench. This is how far we have come

Another game and another game where we don't concede a shot on target.
Tbh I was on the edge of my seat a few times but so glad we got the win

Sat there at half time thinking not great but never in danger. Can't remember the last time I was this confident in a Rangers team getting the result.

Always had faith in this team. We will to Benfica and get at least a draw

No I was comfortable that if we did our job the goal would come, having the patience and belief that we’ll get a goal is much improved on last season where if we hadn‘t scored in the first 15 mins we’d toil.

How good would the buzz of been in the crowd when morelos came on! His movement for the goal was class. Barisics cross world class but the power on the header was unreal.

It had a 1-0 written all over it but we caused them more trouble. Onto kimarnock but do feel like kent maybe needs a game off.

poznan was a tough nut to crack but never at any point did i think
we would lose this game, hopefully them and leige will cut their own
throats in their back to back games.

My only concern was that shitey referee. My heart was in my mouth any time the ball was in our box in case there was any contact or anything innocuous at all that he decided was a penalty. Don’t think he was particularly biased, just a shit ref.

Got to be honest was one of those games we were no where near our best you could see them nicking a goal and winning it but glad they never that said i dont think we have been at our best for 3 weeks but still winning

I had a feeling they'd be a tough nut to crack and I don't treat eastern European teams lightly and that'll be a tricky away leg and I think they'll get the better of Liege.

We have an exceptional defence and we always carve out multiple decent opportunities every game.

Game was never in any doubt. The reason we didn't look as great yesterday is because Poznan threw a total curveball in their setup.

yeah i was way more relaxed than normal it was strange. TV got less abuse and i barely called anyone a f*ck*ng idiot.

All week I felt like it was a potential banana skin and that a draw was a likely result but delighted with the win

I had a feeling they'd be a tough nut to crack and I don't treat eastern European teams lightly and that'll be a tricky away leg and I think they'll get the better of Liege.
I'll put my hands up and admit that at one stage I thought we were going to blow it - think it was around the 55 minute msrk, when they'd created a few decent opportunities.

Glad to be wrong though.
Agreed,a few hairy moments,especially when we gave the ball away so many times and I could barely look at times. But,hey six points and on to Killie,just hope we step it up a gear.

Had my doubts.We had a lot of ball and the football the final third at times seemed we were trying to walk the ball into the net.But when Alfie came on I was confident of at least one really good chance coming our way.Brilliant result I might they are no mugs.

It was a bit stressful, but I had faith in a result.

Winning these matches is absolutely huge, as has been mentioned many times.
We'd have likely lost such a game last season and by us winning them this season, feels like the mark of a championship winning team.

To be fair that team were a lot better than I expected,they played some good football but fortunately they were lacking a bit up front.
Maybe our organisation contributed to that.

how many shots on target
You know the answer so why keep asking
You choose to believe this is evidence they have a poor attack in the face of contrary evidence from other games
I think the difference was a disciplined resolute defensive performance by Rangers. I think future games in the group and elsewhere will prove this to be the case
I could be wrong
You can never be wrong because you are unable to process very basic arguments

Not great but 3 points is all that matters
I thought it was more than decent.

At the start of the night when the mentally challengeds went 2-0 up your thinking that in previous seasons, they'd hold on for a 2-1 win, we then lose 1-0 and possibly draw or lose Sunday and the pressure is off them and onto us if they get through in the cup v the sheep.

But we look so much more assured so far this season. The key is seeing it through until the end of the season.

I did feel our defence was much deeper last night than against Galatasaray or Celtic where we seemed to be defending from a high line.

Hopefully tactical rather than bad habits creeping in.

You know the answer so why keep asking
You choose to believe this is evidence they have a poor attack in the face of contrary evidence from other games
I think the difference was a disciplined resolute defensive performance by Rangers. I think future games in the group and elsewhere will prove this to be the case
I could be wrong
You can never be wrong because you are unable to process very basic arguments
cool story bro. they had nothing v us last night, what they did against other teams doesn't matter.

They kept Tav quiet very effectively on the right. Their left back was really good. Had faith and just felt we would still win. Delighted with Alfie and his bullet header. Hopefully will give him some confidence to go on a goal scoring run now. Tough, disciplined and good attacking team - but so are we. Very difficult to beat us at moment.

cool story bro. they had nothing v us last night, what they did against other teams doesn't matter.
You want to belittle a sound defensive performance by Rangers that's up to you
There are many other forums where your views would be appreciated
I think an argument that they become a poor team for one game and that happens to be against us is pretty weak
I think most who watch football understand what the opposition does affects what you can achieve
It's jusy unfortunate for you that you haven't reached that level of knowledge yet but may be you will when you get a bit older

You want to belittle a sound defensive performance by Rangers that's up to you
There are many other forums where your views would be appreciated
I think an argument that they become a poor team for one game and that happens to be against us is pretty weak
I think most who watch football understand what the opposition does affects what you can achieve
It's jusy unfortunate for you that you haven't reached that level of knowledge yet but may be you will when you get a bit older
I'm not belittling anything you mentalist. You are doing some amount of mental gymnastics around a perfectly factual opinion.

They did nothing against us you wet wipe. Get over it.

Back