Anyone think we wouldnt win that?

We beat Porto last season and lost to Hamilton. It doesn’t matter if Poznan are better than Killie, if we perform like we did tonight on Sunday then we’ll be in trouble.

I’m glad of the win but we didn’t play well. No harm in saying we could, and should, play better.

We beat Porto last season and lost to Hamilton. It doesn’t matter if Poznan are better than Killie, if we perform like we did tonight on Sunday then we’ll be in trouble.

I’m glad of the win but we didn’t play well. No harm in saying we could, and should, play better.
Try and enjoy the run we're on, we wont play well every game. Rangers arent world beaters. The fact they can win without playing well, especially in europe should please you.

Most impressive thing is how the management now spot the issues, instruct the players, and we go on to dominate games.

Only caught glimpses as had a business call I had to deal with but looked like an open game. Clean sheet, a win and a couple of days rest before another huge game. Great stuff.

We were not great tonight but a win is a win. We will need to be better going forward but another 3-4 points probably does it.

Try and enjoy the run we're on, we wont play well every game. Rangers arent world beaters. The fact they can win without playing well, especially in europe should please you.

I am enjoying it and it does please me.

Why are you so annoyed by me saying we need to play better on Sunday if we’re to beat Killie?

It's a great feeling isn't it, the team has the confidence too.

Even when the general play isn't clicking you know we have the quality to make the difference- especially with Borna there.

The quality on the bench is unreal this season too, being able to bring on Jack, Morelos and Aribo shows the depth we have.

I didn't think we were going to win it. I knew it. Genuinely not just saying that. Sounds and feels absolute mad to have that feeling again.

I am enjoying it and it does please me.

Why are you so annoyed by me saying we need to play better on Sunday if we’re to beat Killie?
Not particularly at you mate, but after reading the negativity of the match thread I got a bit demented.

Thats the only way I get to keep up with what's happening at the game and its bloody soul destroying at times.

Sat there at half time thinking not great but never in danger. Can't remember the last time I was this confident in a Rangers team getting the result.

We have our best centre forward on the bench. This is how far we have come

Another game and another game where we don't concede a shot on target.

Until Alfie scored, I thought we could be looking at a draw. We really were not convincing in front of goal and we looked much better with Aribo and Morelos in the team.

Half time I would've put money on 1 0 to us.

But then again if I was a poznan fan I would've said the same reversed.

Good team. Hopefully one or both games drawn against Liege and we get results against Benfica.

We've went through too much to have the optimism and confidence we had pre 2012.

It will take another couple of seasons, or this season's league championship, to get me to chill a bit.

Happy to be stressed over 90+ minutes when we win.

This is from a guy who was in Lyon when we won 3-0 and on the 92nd minute I still worried we might blow it
During the recent 2-0 OF win I turned to my mate and said 'we're not losing this now' he calmly pointed out that there were 92 minutes and 30 seconds on the clock.

Was pretty confident we would scrape through. Great win considering the team looked a bit weary.

I have a feeling now that we will wrap up qualification with a home win vs Standard. I think even if we lose both games vs Benfica it'll be enough. If Standard get a single point in the two games vs Lech then that's all we need, right?

I was certainly getting frustrated early 2nd half when Hagi started playing for Poznan.

We did step it up for 10 minutes and that was all that was needed thankfully.

Hagi looked like he put his boots on the wrong feet second half. Bench on sunday I suspect.

Sat there at half time thinking not great but never in danger. Can't remember the last time I was this confident in a Rangers team getting the result.

Before we kicked a ball tonight I had a horrible feeling we would drop points. We're on great form, they are 10th in Poland and took a pasting off Benfica. Script was set for a 'shock'.

Praise be Alfie.

I'll put my hands up and admit that at one stage I thought we were going to blow it - think it was around the 55 minute msrk, when they'd created a few decent opportunities.

Glad to be wrong though.

We were much better in the second half. Although Lech had a fair amount of possession overall they never really posed a huge threat.
They are a hard working side though and we will probably need to be better in the return game.

Lech were a horrible side to play against, and everything I detest in football. They liked indulging in endless sneaky fouling, but went to ground for fouls at any opportunity. Scumbag outfit.

One of them went down screaming when Kent was close to them the ref gave the free kick before he even hit the deck lol

My opinion at half time was we were either winning or losing it one nil

One of them went down screaming when Kent was close to them the ref gave the free kick before he even hit the deck lol

It was embarrassing, mate. Raking opponents ankles, then going to ground when anyone came near them. They deserve to finish last in the group for their scumbaggery itself.

Might have been a different story if somebody had told that lot where the goals were.

They got 10 pops at us. That's too many.

But it did seem comfortable enough in the end.

I was certainly getting frustrated early 2nd half when Hagi started playing for Poznan.

We did step it up for 10 minutes and that was all that was needed thankfully.

I know what you mean, but I think you are being a wee bit rough on Hagi with your comparison.

My take was he was seeing a fair bit of the ball and half of it was coming off and the other half he was getting squeezed by experienced opponents.

I spotted Davis a few times coming across to cover him and sweep up.

1_Screen-Shot-2019-10-21-at-175923.png

I’m sorry. We werent scoring until someone came on and actually played centre forward which in turn stopped them blocking us 30 yards higher.

Well worked goal a great sign only having to show 4 minutes at full throttle to win group stage matches.

Got the goal went into holding mode at a much better level.

Last edited:
At 60 minutes when Alfie came on I cracked a beer and went "Alfie is gonna do the biz here".

I trust this team to step up a gear and get a draw next week it's mental. You just trust this squad now we have matured

Btw that Barisic cross, that's the difference this year, genuine world class quality in the key areas that we can depend on - it's not just "get it to Alfie and hope he scores", even though he did tonight you get what I mean.

Reactions: TQ3
As Ally said before the game started, we are now expected to win these games.
I would imagine if there was a full capacity at Ibrox tonight there would have been a few grumbles coming from the stands, as the minutes ticked by,which may have found it’s way onto the pitch.
But the lads got the job done which is the main thing.

Watching our pattern of play when they were in possession was very reassuring. We made them play down the sides and then stopped them coming inside to get a pop at goal, leaving them throwing deep crosses and hopeful through balls over the top. We are a well drilled unit now, possibly the best defence I have witnessed, only time and trophies will confirm that.

I only saw the highlights.
I think it was fairly even. Lech Poznan had several half chances but no stick on ones. We won because of a great cross and a great header. A tight match which we edged. The sort of thing we can do now.

Was always confident we would score. Tonight’s result is even more impressive than some of our recent results IMO. Didn’t play that great but still got the job done against a very decent team. It’s been a very long time since we have done that.

Back