Anyone with footage could help the Copenhagen player charged

Show them the footage of Celtic players prancing about with coppers hats or dancing on the roofs of police cars.

Note that the role of the police at Parkhead seems to have moved from the realms of crowd safety to making ensure visiting fans are not seen or heard and will have no meaningful celebrations when their team scores.

Did someone not post the video of their reaction last night and Lustig in another thread? Lost track over my gloating today to be fair. If so, get it sent in brother. You know who you are.

Does anyone have any dates please of any specific incidents at Celtic park, especially in that corner in front of the away fans, where either

a) opposition players have been manhandled by the police, or some other act where the police weren't acting within their remit.
b) incidents involving Celtic players or fans which it's clear the police have turned a blind eye to.

The Danes won't take this lying down. I'm hoping our board will watch their response and take notes.

I uspect the fact that the cop is a senior officer (Inspector or Superintendant - seems to have braid on his hat) and not a rank and file officer is a lot to do with it.

Whilst I've mentioned man-handling of visiting players at Parkhead before, this was the first time I've seen the cops do it

Your eyes may bleed but from @ 13.25 onwards it is fun and catches some of the cops actions - very aggressive and unnecessary policing imo

What does VAR say to the celebrations? PS are a complete and utter shambles. Absolute joke of a supposedly law enforcement.

The way and amount of police that bolted out of that tunnel, you’d have thought there was a full on battle in the stands rather than players celebrating with their fans.
Never saw them move from the broomloan corner when that lot were spilling onto the track after they scored at Ibrox. Parkhead appears to be the only away section to be protected by police, not even stewards.

Does anyone have any dates please of any specific incidents at Celtic park, especially in that corner in front of the away fans, where either

a) opposition players have been manhandled by the police, or some other act where the police weren't acting within their remit.
b) incidents involving Celtic players or fans which it's clear the police have turned a blind eye to.

The Danes won't take this lying down. I'm hoping our board will watch their response and take notes.

Cluj match mate. A missile was thrown at their players but not reported.

I uspect the fact that the cop is a senior officer (Inspector or Superintendant - seems to have braid on his hat) and not a rank and file officer is a lot to do with it.

Whilst I've mentioned man-handling of visiting players at Parkhead before, this was the first time I've seen the cops do it
You are correct, the guy is an Inspector. Was told this by a police officer ( a freind ) this morning.

Mark, the PF will not proceed with this, Cops have received far worse during arrests and it never seen the light of day.
The cop who complained will be getting ridiculed by his shift, he will be regarded as a wimp.

Infact the cop should chuck it today, he’s obviously in the wrong job.

It’s surely made worse by the fact that unless the camera angles are playing tricks, it’s not an ordinary plod but some ranker. I did say ranker, I couldn’t possibly comment on the Cockney rhyming slang.

Whits the story
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_filename_640.gif

That footage is quite revealing.

There is clearly a pre-planned strategy to get between players and fans. You can see the bank of plods moving across before the players even start to run in their direction.

You have to ask why? Why employ unnecessary heavy-handed policing tactics to prevent a goal celebration?

“Stinks” doesn’t describe it.

Mark, the PF will not proceed with this, Cops have received far worse during arrests and it never seen the light of day.
The cop who complained will be getting ridiculed by his shift, he will be regarded as a wimp.

Infact the cop should chuck it today, he’s obviously in the wrong job.
I agree, it looked an accident :)

We and more specifically Copenhagen need to get sight of the security arrangements and reports for parkhead. So, is there any mechanism to request these? Are players beforehand told not to go and celebrate with ther own fans? If so why? If not, why are they stopping them when they do? Either way it's a ridiculous situation that means that the away section is not fit for purpose and should be reorganised or moved to another part of the stadium.

I think it's because of the close proximity of home fans. In which case the decision would be to leave some seats empty like we do at Ibrox, or treat your guests like absolute dirt and with utter contempt, forcing the police to be put into a situation they shouldn't be (not condoning the heavyhanded rage shown by some of them, it's embarrassing), just for a few extra bucks.

And yet, somehow their policing bill is a third less than ours if memory serves? Baffling.

Hope Copenhagen take them to the cleaners and report the police actions to UEFA.

The way and amount of police that bolted out of that tunnel, you’d have thought there was a full on battle in the stands rather than players celebrating with their fans.
Never saw them move from the broomloan corner when that lot were spilling onto the track after they scored at Ibrox. Parkhead appears to be the only away section to be protected by police, not even stewards.
Funny how they were all videoing the Rangers supporters in the SCF against Hibs as thousands poured onto the field at the other end too wasn't it.

And by funny I mean criminal.

Why are teams not allowed to celebrate in front of their own fans at the Piggery ? If it isn't fat stewards pushing players back onto the pitch, its now an out of control Police Scotland. The Danish players from last night should be suing for police assault and malicious prosecution.
Because Celtic fans are pure hard and mental and liable to kick off at any time, but they are also the greatest fans in the world, everyone loves them and they cry when they hear opposition fans singing hurty words.

We and more specifically Copenhagen need to get sight of the security arrangements and reports for parkhead. So, is there any mechanism to request these? Are players beforehand told not to go and celebrate with ther own fans? If so why? If not, why are they stopping them when they do? Either way it's a ridiculous situation that means that the away section is not fit for purpose and should be reorganised or moved to another part of the stadium.

I think it's because of the close proximity of home fans. In which case the decision would be to leave some seats empty like we do at Ibrox, or treat your guests like absolute dirt and with utter contempt, forcing the police to be put into a situation they shouldn't be (not condoning the heavyhanded rage shown by some of them, it's embarrassing), just for a few extra bucks.

And yet, somehow their policing bill is a third less than ours if memory serves? Baffling.
Lots of Copenhagen fans in with the Mhankies in the main stand corner near the away section.

Why are teams not allowed to celebrate in front of their own fans at the Piggery ? If it isn't fat stewards pushing players back onto the pitch, its now an out of control Police Scotland. The Danish players from last night should be suing for police assault and malicious prosecution.

Contrast last night with what took place last Thursday at Ibrox after Braga scored their second goal. The Braga team spent at least one minute down in the area where their fans were. Although some of our supporters thought that was a bit ott and deliberate time wasting there was absolutely no bother and I did not see any cop go near them.

Back