Anywhere to rewatch The Gaffer's post mach Sky interview ?

I don't think I have ever been more proud listening to a Rangers Managers post match interview than this one.

• Gives the reason he wanted a discussion
  • Gives reason why he got frustrated with lack of dialogue being offered
  • Accepted one person could make a mistake but that is why there are other 'assistants' there to give support
  • Stated that they have a very difficult job and supports them
  • Admits, he spoke out of turn (swore at official, captured on camera)and apologised for it
  • Refused to get drawn in to wider debate on Refereeing set up, other Managers complaints.
  • Accepts he will be big enough to take any recriminations.

All this on back of a win. From position of strength. This wasnt a loss and sour grapes then scurrying around finger pointing to cover his, staff or team short comings. No, this was a genuine explanation of where he feels there are huge inadequacies in our current system and why events happened at half time

Last edited:
I don't think I have ever been more proud listening to a Rangers Managers post match interview than this one.

• Gives the reason he wanted a discussion
  • Gives reason why he got frustrated with lack of dialogue being offered
  • Accepted one person could make a mistake but that is why there are other 'assistants' there to give support
  • Stated that they have a very difficult job and supports them
  • Admits, he spoke out of turn (swore at official, captured on camera)and apologised for it
  • Refused to get drawn in to wider debate on Refereeing set up, other Managers complaints.
  • Accepts he will be big enough to take any recriminations.

All this on back of a win. From position of strength. This wasnt a loss and sour grapes then scurrying around finger pointing to cover his, staff or team short comings. No, this was a genuine explanation of where he feels there are huge inadequacies in our current system and why events happened at half time

I don’t remember a better Rangers Manager interview in my life, to be honest.

I like the fact he rightly still went for it even though we had won the game, no sour grapes just fuming at the poor decision and the booking Alfie got then Beaton acting like a dick afterwards.
He apologised for his part at half time, let's see if Beaton is held to account for his mistake.

Steven Gerrard is one of the best things to happen to our club in a very long time. Hes a perfect fit for us and just oozes class i could listen to him all day. Just imagine how the players feel having him as manager they would run through a brick wall for him as would i.

I said it last night - but his Alfie with no top on and Sweet Caroline line has me in absolute stitches. Gerrard's delivery of that line is utterly hilarious :D
How did the song Sweet Caroline fit in? Is it just a random mention or is there history there?

How did the song Sweet Caroline fit in? Is it just a random mention or is there history there?
Think it's a dressing room favourite.

I remember seeing footage from one of the player's phones when he took a video of all the players bouncing around the dressing room after we beat Galatasaray, for example.

IIRC, it is the ref who makes the final decision, so at the end of the day, Beaton takes all the blame. I didn`t see the linesman flag for a foul, so he`s to blame too, the 4th official is furthest away and his opinion will matter little to Beaton, whatever the former thinks.

SG did the right thing in the right manner ... and since it has been "dealt with" by the ref, I assume the CO keeps quite. We should appeal (if possible) the yellow card.

Back