Apathy to Optimism

usbear

I must admit for an optimist I was numb going into the semi final.

I felt nothing...I had a couple of margaritas and couldn’t even be bothered watching it.

This time I have a glimmer of optimism......

1 the players owe us and themselves a performance
2 surely odds are in our favor....we have to win one somewhere along the line
3 it’s away from home

I’m not overly confident but I’m anticipating something different than what I barely witnessed a couple of weeks ago.

What’s your mood?

Not confident.

Would be making a few changes however. Play like Hearts and Hibs have done v them this season.

Still apathy from me. Bored of the whole fucking lot of them.

We are shite and we are going to get pumped. Sorry if that doesn’t go with the staunch grain.

I’ll still be there though.

I have gone to incredible lengths to get a brief for Sunday because more now than ever before I want those bastards to see that we will never yield and will continue to strengthen. I'm glad it's away from home and I expect a gritty shift from the players...

My only real hope for this is that their fans will be mounting the pressure on their players and Rodgers win it against us and they'll be feeling it. The lego muncher's retarted comments about them wanting revenge for 1999 etc probably won't help them psychologically either.

Sooner this games over and done with the better. Thereafter consolidate second spot and sort ourselves the funk out for next season and put those rats in their place.

I must admit for an optimist I was numb going into the semi final.

I felt nothing...I had a couple of margaritas and couldn’t even be bothered watching it.

This time I have a glimmer of optimism......

1 the players owe us and themselves a performance
2 surely odds are in our favor....we have to win one somewhere along the line
3 it’s away from home

I’m not overly confident but I’m anticipating something different than what I barely witnessed a couple of weeks ago.

What’s your mood?

When I'm on the Margaritas I feel we can beat anyone .....in fact I feel I can beat anyone :)

I kinda agree with your 3 points, thing is though you can use the same 3 points before every game up until we beat them.

I reckon that this current Rangers side have an inferiority complex when facing that mob. Their equalising 2nd goal at Ibrox just before half time summed it up, and we inevitably collapsed in the second half. Until that attitude radically changes in this Rangers side, we can't look forward with optimism.

the sole purpose of vermin fc is to beat rangers ,and always will be .european football, they are happy with the cash ,but your average poet is in heaven when they beat rangers . i think they will pump us ,i hope not, but our squad are just not up to the task .

I went into the game at Ibrox feeling, for the first time in a number of years, that we would beat them. We could have and we should have. But we didn't. It left me deflated as f*ck - I really thought, this time, it's OUR day. It clearly had an impact on the players as well as fans like myself.

For the semi I was back where I'd been in the previous 5 years or so - hoping we'd scrape through but more concerned at getting gubbed. And we did. Never, in nearly 50 years of following Rangers, have I witnessed such an insipid and cowardly performance against the Dhims.

I'm fearful for Sunday as well. Offer me a draw right now and I'd grab it with both hands.

I hope the players will give a big performance and beat this mob on Sunday but can't say i'm feeling confident. But i'm sure in the build up to kick off my belief will come back and hopefully we'll win.

They hit the post after 3 minutes in the semi, I fully expect it to go in this time round early doors, we're onto a hiding I'am afraid

To be honest the semi final knocked the stuffing out of me for this season. I was raging all week after it and even though I’ve mellowed somewhat since I’ll be glad to get the season over with. I know we still have second to go for but it will be tough and really it’s all up to the players. I really hope they’ve all been hurting since that game and are right up for it and put in a performance I know they are capable of.

As for optimism, I’m loving all the rumour threads and can’t wait to see who we sign, the new strip and training gear and all the hype a new season brings. By then I’ll be confident of us winning the league.

Neil Warnock’s blue and white army:cool:

Not sharing your optimism there, brother.

The manner in which these players chucked it in the semi suggests a group without either character or leadership.

It’s difficult therefore to imagine them suddenly discovering a set of balls now.

When I'm on the Margaritas I feel we can beat anyone .....in fact I feel I can beat anyone :)

I kinda agree with your 3 points, thing is though you can use the same 3 points before every game up until we beat them.
Pints of margaritas all round please!

I have gone to incredible lengths to get a brief for Sunday because more now than ever before I want those bastards to see that we will never yield and will continue to strengthen. I'm glad it's away from home and I expect a gritty shift from the players...
Incredible lengths? I’ve seen spares all over here and Twitter!

Incredible lengths? I’ve seen spares all over here and Twitter!
I don't tweet, every spare in the ticket forum is gone when I check. Are you trying to make a point? I have had to buy from an online source having been fucked about by the ticket office and that having booked a flight and hotel. So I'd say I did make quite an effort, perhaps not by your own obvious very high standards.

I don't tweet, every spare in the ticket forum is gone when I check. Are you trying to make a point? I have had to buy from an online source having been fucked about by the ticket office and that having booked a flight and hotel. So I'd say I did make quite an effort, perhaps not by your own obvious very high standards.
Calm down petal, I wasn’t suggesting you were lying. I’ve just never seen so many spares for an OF

I'll tell you one thing. When that final whistle goes we'll know who deserves to wear that Jersey next season and who does not.

sofoid.png

Calm down petal, I wasn’t suggesting you were lying. I’ve just never seen so many spares for an OF

There's been about 20 spares on here, and the same amount of time wasters. Spares on twitter?? What a heep of sheiss.

I can't begin to describe how good it'd feel fending them off at their pig farm after this topsy turvy arse season.

And in the uneventful situation where they lost all their games and we won, I'd shave my heed, drop to my skants and run on the pitch to dry hump Graeme Murty while singing Father's advice in C Major

Everyone has written us off , it’s a superb opportunity for the players to really show us / all the critics if we can get a win (& our last two games there we really should’ve so we are capable)

it would be huge , not just for this season but considering our backs are against the wall / how the season has went it would be a total body blow to the tims mentally going into next year & importantly their confidence for cup final.

I went into the game at Ibrox feeling, for the first time in a number of years, that we would beat them. We could have and we should have. But we didn't. It left me deflated as f*ck - I really thought, this time, it's OUR day. It clearly had an impact on the players as well as fans like myself.

For the semi I was back where I'd been in the previous 5 years or so - hoping we'd scrape through but more concerned at getting gubbed. And we did. Never, in nearly 50 years of following Rangers, have I witnessed such an insipid and cowardly performance against the Dhims.

I'm fearful for Sunday as well. Offer me a draw right now and I'd grab it with both hands.
Too right.

I reckon most on here would be able to put out a team that would at least make us hard to beat.

I don't think Murty will though, as I reckon he will go with four up front.

Sadly this group of players won’t hurt anywhere enough if the rotten mob hump us again. A few bears in the squad but the rest don’t have a clue. Can only see 1 outcome and that’s well beaten again.

Sooner this game is over and done with the better to be honest. I just hope that mob are going into it so cocky and over confident that it works in our favour.

I had the nerves before the semi as I felt even though we were underdogs we might do it.

This time i fully expect it to be anywhere between 3 and 6 nil. We have a defence that can't do the basics, a midfield that constantly gets over run and a main striker that seems to miss chances where it's easier to score against them.

As for our manager the less said the better. So yeah it's fair to say I'm not confident!

Murty is shit scared of them, the players don’t fear Murty and have already chucked it. They have destroyed any optimism I might have had. Sorry but I can’t see us getting anything from this game.

Taken apart.

This is what they wanted, the chance to win the league against us at the piggery.

We've got a pathetic man in charge and a group of players who are not only shit, but complete and utter pussy cats.

A win against a Hearts side with nothing to play for won't change that. An early goal and it could be a hiding.

They will be up for it, will we and I don't expect Murty to get anything right.

Team and manager are mentally weak, expect the same as Hampden or worse! Still be there though

My biggest fear is the same attitude as the semi final, I honestly thought it'd be 7 or 8 after the sending off.

If we can somehow find the belief that we had at Ibrox in spells then you never know. The sheer arrogance of the poets could be their downfall, god only knows what carnage will take place if we win on Sunday, Here's hoping we find out :D

I'm not looking forward to it.
Logic dictated that I wasn't confident before the semi but I still got the buzz of excitement and expectation on the morning of the game.
I can't see that happening this Sunday, after that gutless shambolic performance I'm not sure this squad believe that they're capable of beating them.
I hope I'm wrong.

We will either get a real doing or throw a complete shock. It will be the former though I’ve absolutely no doubt. We would have been better with the team that drew 1-1 with Clint hill. There are zero characters in the team including all the Rangers men. The atmosphere will be at fever pitch. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of our players fainted in the tunnel before it with nerves. Can see them scoring 4 and completely taking the piss tbh

I went into the semi feeling we had a decent chance - based on the 3-2 game. I'm absolutely dreading this one.

Back