Apologies if you heard any bad language

More offended by the spitting and snot rockets launched than any language, although you do see less of it in the Covidian era but big Koeman did cough up and launch dry phlegm just as they zoomed in on him after a goal, the rotter!
Pep spits constantly, you can understand a player having to, but a manager disgusting.

Heard de bruyne v spurs taking a corner saying to the lino. Look at the fucking lines he's not 10 yards back for %^*& sake. Made me laugh

It’s like that old story about when your dad took you to the football he let you swear for 90 minutes but only at the football.

It’s like a passage of rites

Quite a lot of English sweary words tonight in Inter Milan v Real Madrid. A combo of Ashley Young and the English Officials I assume?

Still laugh at McGregor's in depth analysis in one of the televised games.

*Opponent's corner*

"Is no chunt gonna pick this chunt up then?"

Commentators "we apologise for any foul language you may have heard" :))

It annoys me because they aren’t really sorry. They are just covering their arse incase anyone complains, false apologies do my head in. And so do people who complain about a swear word during a game.
A few posts on here have commented on bad language at games when their children were with them.
P. S. No smart answers please about keeping their kids under control. :p

You can barely watch any program without bad language these days, people f-ing all over the place. It'll be on the News next.

"100 People totally f*cked in Iraq bomb, news at ten"

Was watching PSG v RB Leipzig last night and the commentator apologised if any inappropriate language was heard. What? The French champions playing in Paris against a German team and somehow their (presumably) French and German sweary words are going to be understood by an English speaking audience. Merde, that is taking it too far.
Over the last few months I've been watching quite a few games from various countries across Europe. Because there's no crowds you can hear the benches shouting instructions and players arguing with the referee.

The amount of times that English is used has amazed me, especially in Dutch and Belgian games.

Im gona go against the grain here. Sport, particularly football, is watched by youngsters. Having to listen to effing and b'ing at a football ground is one thing. Doesnt bother me obviously as i do it myself but i do cringe a bit when theres a young family there and somones shouting all the f's and c's right beside them. Suppose you dont need to take the kids. But on the telly and kids are watching the tv station will have to apologise pre water shed.

It’s for the Deep South of England. They get very uppity at swearing. I have had all sorts of strange looks of horror when I slip a “fuckin” in to the chat unintentionally, ie “did you see that fuckin goal last night, what a screamer.” I don’t notice but they certainly do! And cùñt is a no no!!
They always say shiete like “ there is no need to swear.” Or “there is no need to be vulgar.” I wasn’t trying to be. It’s just part of my rhythm of conversation.

Im gona go against the grain here. Sport, particularly football, is watched by youngsters. Having to listen to effing and b'ing at a football ground is one thing. Doesnt bother me obviously as i do it myself but i do cringe a bit when theres a young family there and somones shouting all the f's and c's right beside them. Suppose you dont need to take the kids. But on the telly and kids are watching the tv station will have to apologise pre water shed.
The simple answer is for the TV companies not to position their trackside microphones where they do. I can understand, but don’t like, trackside microphones when there is a crowd but when there isn’t there is no reason for them other than to hear something to be offended at.

I bet they hear worse in the playground.

Just as well the TV coverage doesn't have a link to me (and i would imagine all of us) when Rangers are playing...I come out with swear words i didn't even know existed at times. :mad:

A case in point being during the Accies game, Sunday.

Absolutely pathetic.

Half the time they should be apologising for the commentators crummy patter never mind the bad language.

Was watching PSG v RB Leipzig last night and the commentator apologised if any inappropriate language was heard. What? The French champions playing in Paris against a German team and somehow their (presumably) French and German sweary words are going to be understood by an English speaking audience. Merde, that is taking it too far.
That is just merde and scheisse

I get what you mean, it's a given there's going to be bad language, why not just put a disclaimer up and be done with it. It's live sport, not kids shows.

Over the last few months I've been watching quite a few games from various countries across Europe. Because there's no crowds you can hear the benches shouting instructions and players arguing with the referee.

The amount of times that English is used has amazed me, especially in Dutch and Belgian games.
Back in the sixties I spent a lot of time with the Nato, forces in Germany and everyone of them swore in English, to them it was the natural thing to do, they explained that there were no words in their own tongue, that said what they wanted to express in the spur of the moment.

You hear them swearing at refs here without repercussions.

Morelos mutters in his mother tongue and gets booked.

Refs here may not know the rules of the game, but they are all fluent in Spanish

The crowd mics are sometimes good for a giggle in certain grounds due to accoustics.

And I remember old Football Italia games on Channel 4 would be sometimes be profuse in their apologies because Italian Ultras penchant for using English swearwords in some of their banners.
I recall a big 'Fúck the Rossoneri' right behind the goal during a Milan derby which caused some commentorial consternation, especially because it was a (rare) high scoring game, so hardly could be ignored by the cameras.
Being a feed from Italian TV the Italian cameramen and production team probably couldn't care less what it said. Which was probably why it was in English come to think of it.

If you live in the uk and English is your mother tongue yet you get offended by either french or German swearing at a live football game, you have other issues especially if you’re offended enough to want to make an official complaint

I think it's worse that they have to do because people will actually complain if they hear a naughty word.

Must be so hard living in the head of some people.
But it is a work place and in most workplace "industrial language" is used. If they didn't mention it,no one would bother. The fact they point it out highlights it

Back