Apologies if you heard any bad language

Watched an English game on TV last week where the commentator apologised for the bad language coming from both dugouts.

Anyone who gets annoyed at bad language at a football match, well then personally I don’t think football is the sport for you
WN3Zbv5.gif

Exactly.

Watched an English game on TV last week where the commentator apologised for the bad language coming from both dugouts.
Yep. Thinking of running a sweep in the Liverpool game.

Not really when it’ll happen, but how many times.

Was watching PSG v RB Leipzig last night and the commentator apologised if any inappropriate language was heard. What? The French champions playing in Paris against a German team and somehow their (presumably) French and German sweary words are going to be understood by an English speaking audience. Merde, that is taking it too far.

Why don’t they just say at the beginning of the match, this programme may contain bad language? They do that on every other programme where swearing is common , even I’m a celebrity.

Why are they deploying pitchside microphones which were presumably to pick up crowd noise when there is no crowd and the only thing likely to be picked up is something that has to be apologised for?

I will have to listen much harder as I have never picked up on anyone swearing.
It's a joke if a word that has been deemed by some one somewhere is considered offensive.
There are loads of real stuff to be offended or upset with going on in the world ,anybody that is bothered by a few words should think of that.

It ticks a box in some torturous PC netherworld, and everything is all ok again.
They’re all to scared to not tick that box, because in the fucking idiotic world they inhabit, an unticked fucking box would be much, much worse than the fucking swearing in the first place.
I’ll tell ya, they’re all off they’re fucking heads.
(Sorry if you read any of that)

Why don’t they just say at the beginning of the match, this programme may contain bad language? They do that on every other programme where swearing is common , even I’m a celebrity.

Difference is the content live against pre-recorded

hence why they can warn you when pre-recorded

Last edited:
This all started due to people making complaints to ofcom after hearing swearing during a fitba match on tv. You need to ask yourself what sort of person does that?

Probably the same guy that complained to ofcom when he saw a bit of accidental fanny on Babestation.

With Dingwall/Edgar in the seats McLaughlin/Spiers are barred from using I was hoping this season they would at least have the decency to do a Sex Pistols on Grundy thing and leave the Rangers TV commentary with a face as red as a Communist flag.

Of course times having moved on and, "You f***ing rotter!" no longer cuts it.

It would require something of huge strength in this day and age but I'm sure they're capable.

Ball out for throw. Stand up. Big breath...

"CUMGUZZLER"

Apologise for that, Tom! :)

They might as well have a disclaimer pop up everytime you turn the TV on nowadays.
I watched The Aristocats with the wee man at the weekend and there as a disclaimer apologising for racial stereotyping before it started. Never noticed anything during the film so googled it afterwards and apparently it was due to a cat putting on a Chinese accent and playing drums with chopsticks.

I’d rather a throw away disclaimer than a risk that football could be rated or censored.

What bothers me more is when an incident happens on the pitch that is deemed “a bad example to kids” or some shit and the press go out of their way to share it to more people than would have watched the incident at the time.

I’d rather a throw away disclaimer than a risk that football could be rated or censored.
Something along the lines of:

"Attention snobs claiming words shock them in the 21st Century when the internet's full of religious loony beheading videos & nutcase Nazi mosque shootings, and the news has stuff like aeroplanes blowing civilians to bits on the ground in an illegal war based on a lie. Have a word with yourselves. Enough of your attention-seeking and censorious bullshit. Either shut the fúck up or fúck off up the rugby with the rest of the weirdos. Hands off our working class language, sport, and culture."

Is that alright?

They should just accept it's a football game and that there will be swearing and get on with it. In fact, the commentators should be allowed to say phrases like "what the f**k was that supposed to be" and "ooooft, that was a f**king ripper" etc.

Something along the lines of:

"Attention snobs claiming words shock them in the 21st Century when the internet's full of religious loony beheading videos & nutcase Nazi mosque shootings, and the news has stuff like aeroplanes blowing civilians to bits on the ground in an illegal war based on a lie. Have a word with yourselves. Enough of your attention-seeking and censorious bullshit. Either shut the fúck up or fúck off up the rugby with the rest of the weirdos. Hands off our working class language, sport, and culture."

Is that alright?

Erm, aye.

Anyone remember the last time they watched a game where the commentator didn’t have to say that?

Would be as well just sticking a disclaimer up at the start.

Theres a commentator who does that nearly every game he takes in.

Fuukin arsehole.

More offended by the spitting and snot rockets launched than any language, although you do see less of it in the Covidian era but big Koeman did cough up and launch dry phlegm just as they zoomed in on him after a goal, the rotter!

Last edited:
Commentators should just say that's the fuc*ing game kicked off folks, turn the sound off if you are offended by bad language.

Just as well the late John Lambie wasn’t managing a TV game during this crisis. His swearing was legendary
Indeed.

Neil Warnock was (is?) pretty outspoken too.
I remember sitting in the family stand at Bootham Crescent , behind the away dug out.
Neil's choice of words was amazing.

It ticks a box in some torturous PC netherworld, and everything is all ok again.
They’re all to scared to not tick that box, because in the fucking idiotic world they inhabit, an unticked fucking box would be much, much worse than the fucking swearing in the first place.
I’ll tell ya, they’re all off they’re fucking heads.
(Sorry if you read any of that)
Wait until you work on a project managed by Deloitte.

Fucking box tickers dot com.

It annoys me because they aren’t really sorry. They are just covering their arse incase anyone complains, false apologies do my head in. And so do people who complain about a swear word during a game.

Back