Apparently Lafferty will join Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lafferty plus another would be good.

If an-other doesn't work out you at least have a known quantity. I think Lafferty would be brilliant in this team.

We need at least one more striker before the window shuts so if Hearts aren't prepared to be reasonable then lets move on.

Actually I think it IS as simple as that. Lafftery isn’t worth £750k to us, or to anybody else for that matter. If they won’t budge on price then we should be walking away and looking for better value elsewhere. It doesn’t have to be Lafferty or nobody. There doesn’t appear to be a queue of clubs competing with us for Lafferty. I mentioned earlier in the thread that a similar figure could probably secure Moult. I’m not suggesting we move for Moult, simply illustrating that there are other options out there.

It’s a backup we are looking for remember - whoever we get is unlikely to displace Morelos or either of our range of options out wide. They will simply be there to allow a little rotation or dig us out a hole on occasion. A bit part player if you like. I’d like someone with a bit of experience, so Lafferty does fit that bill - but so do many others. £500k tops for Lafferty though, in my opinion.

Say he scores winning goals against the Scum, or scores the goals that secure us the title, would he be worth the extra £250k then? We already spoke about that being a risk but keep in mind these are things he has already done, more than once and the former happened not 4 days ago as you know.

You mention other options mate, who are they? Who realistically can we get for £750k that offers his international experience and has proven he has what it takes, not only to win league titles at Rangers but also that he has the measure of the mob we are trying to catch (who incidentally had the best defensive record last season)

We have a real chance this season and whilst I love Fredo we can’t go into the season with him as our main striker with ‘potential’ as back up options. What if he gets injured, loses a bit of form, gets suspended?

Personally, I think £750k is fair when you consider what we are getting. There is no sell on value, but as I’ve said the rewards we could reap from his goals in big games would make it worth it.

When I was a five year old I was a Hearts fan even though I was not from Edinburgh. I remember I really liked their striker Donald Ford.
My dad took me to a Rangers v Hearts game in the Copland and Hearts scored first.
I started cheering:D
Guys were bumping into my dad and telling him to get that wee bastard to shut it, my dad was no softy either as he was ex para:D
Told to shut it immediately.

Rangers came back and won the game.

From then on like the rest of my family i was a Rangers fan. I thought most Hearts fans were normally decent, however as the years went on they are petty , small minded losers, full of jealousy for any team that is better than them.

I remember that big eared Donald Ford seriously hurting us a couple of times, that proved costly.
He scored the only goal of the game at Ibrox, in the 88th minute in Dec 1972.
Had we have won that game we would have been Champions that season, and stopped them at 7 in a row.
We went undefeated domestically after that game, winning the Scottish Cup, and finishing 1 point behind Celtic in the League.
The other time I remember him, he put us out the Scottish Cup with an 87th minute winner at Tynecastle, in a replay in Jan 68'.
This was the only domestic defeat that Rangers suffered in Davie Whites' first 30 Games in charge.

If the board think he’s worth 750,000 they will buy him if not Hertz will either need to lower thier demands or end up with another Jamie Walker situation.

We should be making them a final offer and if it’s not accepted by the end of the week move on as we are short upfront.

Baker Island is an uninhabited atoll located just north of the equator in the central Pacific Ocean about 3,090 km (1,920 mi) southwest of Honolulu. The island lies almost halfway between Hawaii and Australia. Its nearest neighbour is Howland Island, 42 mi (68 km) to the north-northwest; both have been claimed as territories of the United States since 1857, though the United Kingdom considered them part of the British Empire between 1897 and 1936.

Located at 0°11′41″N 176°28′46″W. the island covers 2.1 km2 (0.81 sq mi), with 4.8 km (3.0 mi) of coastline. The climate is equatorial, with little rainfall, constant wind, and strong sunshine. The terrain is low-lying and sandy: an island surrounded by a narrow fringing reef with a depressed central area devoid of a lagoon with its highest point being 8 m (26 ft) above sea level.

The island now forms the Baker Island National Wildlife Refuge and is an unincorporated and unorganised territory of the U.S. which vouches for its defence. It is visited annually by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. For statistical purposes, Baker is grouped with the United States Minor Outlying Islands.

Baker Island and Howland Island are also the last pieces of land that experience the New Year (earliest time zone - UTC−12:00).

Therefore, it is now Tuesday everywhere in the world now – so consider this thread locked.
When there is something new to discuss, please start a new thread.

Kind regards,
sherbrook_loyal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back